25% of republican voters say they would vote for Hillary over Trump

Brace yourself. The truth is that Trump has the support of many Blue Dog Democrats.

Great, he'll need all the votes he can get.

"A new CNN poll released Thursday, taken before the spat with rival Ted Cruz over his wife, found that 73 percent of registered female voters in the United States had an unfavorable view of Trump. That’s in line with a Reuters poll from last week that found more than half of American women hold a “very unfavorable” view of the billionaire.

“That gives him a huge number of voters he has to make up from somewhere,” said American University political science professor Karen O’Connor. “And I don’t know where they will come from.”

Opposition to Trump among women also extends to the GOP. A recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll found that 47 percent of Republican women could not see themselves supporting Trump, a number significantly higher than for any other GOP candidate."

Trump faces daunting gender gap

Kind of makes one question exactly who all these folks were that voted for Trump in all the state primaries he has won so far if no one is voting for him.

He had 30-40% support from Republican voters.
That means 70-60% don't support him. It's pretty simple.

Most of the reports I read stated that Trump also garnered support from many Democrat and Independent voters as well. These also stated that Trump garnered support all across the spectrum from the lesser educated voter to the higher educated voter. I guess it all depends upon who penned which report. If Trump leads the polls in a particular state by 50 %, that hardly equates to 60% disapproving now does it? Yes the math is simple. If Trump garners 40% of the registered Republican voters and garners 10% of those who were registered Democrat voters and another 10% of registered Independent voters, then I would submit the simple math that would indicate that he garners 60% of the overall vote.

Dude, the math is simple.

35% are Republicans. 40% x 35% = 14%
65% x 10% = 6.5%

14% + 6.5% = 20.5%

So even if your math is correct, that means 20% of Americans are voting for Trump and 80% are not.

And Trump's voters are about 60% male. So that means about 85% of females are not voting for Trump.

So just exactly who are all these people resulting in the largest turnouts in recent history that are voting for Trump in the primaries held thus far? Are they aliens? Are they from Hillary's Area 51?

I think they are confused and ill-informed. Low level 'liberals' who don't understand the principles of liberalism.

Brace yourself. The truth is that Trump has the support of many Blue Dog Democrats.

"A new CNN poll released Thursday, taken before the spat with rival Ted Cruz over his wife, found that 73 percent of registered female voters in the United States had an unfavorable view of Trump. That’s in line with a Reuters poll from last week that found more than half of American women hold a “very unfavorable” view of the billionaire.

“That gives him a huge number of voters he has to make up from somewhere,” said American University political science professor Karen O’Connor. “And I don’t know where they will come from.”

Opposition to Trump among women also extends to the GOP. A recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll found that 47 percent of Republican women could not see themselves supporting Trump, a number significantly higher than for any other GOP candidate."

Kind of makes one question exactly who all these folks were that voted for Trump in all the state primaries he has won so far if no one is voting for him.

Most of the reports I read stated that Trump also garnered support from many Democrat and Independent voters as well. These also stated that Trump garnered support all across the spectrum from the lesser educated voter to the higher educated voter. I guess it all depends upon who penned which report. If Trump leads the polls in a particular state by 50 %, that hardly equates to 60% disapproving now does it? Yes the math is simple. If Trump garners 40% of the registered Republican voters and garners 10% of those who were registered Democrat voters and another 10% of registered Independent voters, then I would submit the simple math that would indicate that he garners 60% of the overall vote.

Reread what you just posted. If Trump has 40% of Repub and 10% each of dems and independents, that is not 60% of the overall vote. Not even close. That leaves 90% each of democrats and independents as well as 60% of Repub that aren't voting for him. He loses big time.

You're missing the bigger point. No candidate can win a national election with only 50% support from their own party. There simply aren't enough crossovers to make up that shortfall.Don't forget that it's still primary season. When you see Trump polling at 50% in a given state, that is among registered republicans.

Last edited:

65% x 10% = 6.5%

14% + 6.5% = 20.5%

So even if your math is correct, that means 20% of Americans are voting for Trump and 80% are not.

And Trump's voters are about 60% male. So that means about 85% of females are not voting for Trump.

So just exactly who are all these people resulting in the largest turnouts in recent history that are voting for Trump in the primaries held thus far? Are they aliens? Are they from Hillary's Area 51?

Don't forget that the votes are split with multiple candidates. Trump can win big in a primary with only 30% support from republican voters.

Reread what you just posted. If Trump has 40% of Repub and 10% each of dems and independents, that is not 60% of the overall vote. Not even close. That leaves 90% each of democrats and independents as well as 60% of Repub that aren't voting for him. He loses big time.

You're missing the bigger point. No candidate can win a national election with only 50% support from their own party. There simply aren't enough crossovers to make up that shortfall.Don't forget that it's still primary season. When you see Trump polling at 50% in a given state, that is among registered republicans.

Actually, I wasn't referring to the polling. I was referring to the votes he actually received in the primaries already. These were a cross-section of Democrats, Independents, and Republican voters.

65% x 10% = 6.5%

14% + 6.5% = 20.5%

The logic of your math wasn't correct. I showed you why.

Trump has very intense support amongst his supporters, and is drawing in others who haven't mostly been outside the political process. But you Trump supporters are mistaking that for broad-based support. He doesn't have it. Instead, most everyone else isn't supporting Trump. That's why his negatives are so bad, and why he consistently loses to Hillary.

65% x 10% = 6.5%

14% + 6.5% = 20.5%

The logic of your math wasn't correct. I showed you why.

Trump has very intense support amongst his supporters, and is drawing in others who haven't mostly been outside the political process. But you Trump supporters are mistaking that for broad-based support. He doesn't have it. Instead, most everyone else isn't supporting Trump. That's why his negatives are so bad, and why he consistently loses to Hillary.

Of course that's what you want to believe:

Republicans Rejoice: Seven Florida Counties Flip to GOP

Actually, I wasn't referring to the polling. I was referring to the votes he actually received in the primaries already. These were a cross-section of Democrats, Independents, and Republican voters.

Yes, a very small cross-section relative to the general electorate.

Forum List

Back