$28.34/hr? I'll revise....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTj9AcwkaKM]Wealth Inequality In America - YouTube[/ame]

EPI-Raise-The-Wage.jpg

We'll leave an opt-out option for those of you that think your not a good as the top 1%.

Has the productivity of the minimum wage earner increased by that much, or are you just into crippling inflation?

Shouldn't the people that make ALL the money for a company be paid a livable wage?

I had to work 11 years to get my third week paid vacation.
But then I live in the world of reality.

I don't know where you live, but that is fucked up.

I'ts called the USA, but it has it's drawbacks as one of the most desirable places to live.

I don't find much desirable about it. No decent wage, having to pay for your own healthcare, people walking around with guns...no thanks.

As a small business owner who supplies manufacturers who serve consumers, I can think of nothing more horrible than a situation where American workers earn enough money to have some spare cash to buy the things that my customers make. That would be fucking awful.

If you were an employee for a manufacturer of kitchen cabinets, would you rather your boss have one customer who purchases a $100,000 kitchen remodel....or 10 customers who purchase a $10,000 remodel?

As a lying sack of shit, tell me you would hire a janitor that needs a map to find the bathroom and pay him $30 an hour.

Tell me why you would hire a janitor that needs a map to find the bathroom? Or are you downgrading the job as a janitor to enhance your ego?

As a small business owner who supplies manufacturers who serve consumers, I can think of nothing more horrible than a situation where American workers earn enough money to have some spare cash to buy the things that my customers make. That would be fucking awful.

If you were an employee for a manufacturer of kitchen cabinets, would you rather your boss have one customer who purchases a $100,000 kitchen remodel....or 10 customers who purchase a $10,000 remodel?

As a lying sack of shit, tell me you would hire a janitor that needs a map to find the bathroom and pay him $30 an hour.

If it's a union job they would want the janitor to make $30.00 an hour.
Six weeks vacation,12 sick days,5 personal days,healthcare paid for by the employer fully
funded pension.

You need to be reminded that the best year of economy that the US has ever had was 1956, overseen by the pro-union Republicans?

How many 15-cent hamburgers can you buy at $28.34/hr minimum wage?

A. None because nobody would be able to hire anybody to cook them.

B. Same number as you could have bought when the minimum wage was $1.25 because the price would be 15-cents multiplied by the rate of increase in minimum wage.

C. None unless you could get them with your food stamps and only then if the preparation and sale of them had been 100% automated as there would be no job for you or for anyone doing menial labor.

Doesn't that 15-cent hamburger cost 1200% more today? But the $1.25 minimum wage has only increased 600%.

How about gasoline?

I don't find much desirable about it. No decent wage, having to pay for your own healthcare, people walking around with guns...no thanks.
No decent wage?

You're thinking of this only from your perspective as a low-skill worker who is content making a career of being a fast food worker. For people like you yes you're correct Australia is certainly a better place for wages.

We'll leave an opt-out option for those of you that think your not a good as the top 1%.
Can you define "good" for me? If we're talking good as in ability to earn money or skills that are valuable to business then one could make a fair case that most (but not all) who aren't in the top 1% aren't as good.

If you're defining good in the sense of a human being or morality, which granted is quite subjective and impossible to quantify, you'd have a harder time supporting any claim of who is as good or not as good.

When I was making $1 an hour minimum wage gasoline cost about 33 cents or 20 mintues work.

Assuming the same ratio today, with gas costing between $3.50 and $4 a gallon, minimum wage ought to be between $10.50 and $12 an hour.

Working fill time (2000 hours) = $24000 a year...that's not exactly living large in most places in the USA..expecially not after SS and FICA are taken.

How many 15-cent hamburgers can you buy at $28.34/hr minimum wage?

A. None because nobody would be able to hire anybody to cook them.

B. Same number as you could have bought when the minimum wage was $1.25 because the price would be 15-cents multiplied by the rate of increase in minimum wage.

C. None unless you could get them with your food stamps and only then if the preparation and sale of them had been 100% automated as there would be no job for you or for anyone doing menial labor.
Jesus, Henry. That was profound.

Did you EVER do any research on ANYTHING. Or do you simply post conservative DOGMA.

I have researched the subject. A fair amount. And actual impartial sources have a hard time finding the inflation that results from raises in the minimum wage. The increase or decrease in unemployment is found to be near zero, some researchers finding small increases in ue over a short term, others finding slight decreases over a short term.

But you have totally different findings. Findings that I can not find in any impartial source that has the ability to research the data. The only sources that I can find that agree with you are the bat shit crazy con web sites that are so well paid by the wealthy. And you align PERFECTLY with those bat shit crazy sites.

Isn't it so much simpler to post dogma than to actually research something just a little. I mean, 5 minutes of your time (or less) is so much easier than spending an hour or so enlightening yourself. And Ignorance Is Bliss, isn't it, Henry.

Forum List

Back