280 People Missing in Michael

Hurricanes ain't no joke.... As a retired utility lineman I have seen my share of destructive hurricanes over the years.

One question....do brick or concrete homes also fall like those....when a hurricane hits?? :confused-84:
Found some pictures, because I really don't know, except I hear it's pretty expensive to build a house to withstand a cat-5 hurricane.

greensburg-tornado-damage3.jpg

th

The brick structures are still standing.....all the rest is gone.

Thank you for the photos!

You apparently haven't seen all the pics or TV they are all not standing.

But is the damage from storm surge?

The only reason I'd evac is if I was in the storm surges path.
Any well built home can withstand a cat 4.
What are the advantages of staying with a Cat 4 approaching?

Even if your house survives, you are stranded
You can’t drive even if your car survived
No electricity, no clean water, no septic
If you or a loved one are injured......nobody can help you

Looters.

So.....it’s just stuff
Take your valuables and let insurance handle any thefts

Why risk your life for “stuff”?

I've been through many a hurricane and never had a problem.
And as I've said,any well built house can withstand a cat 4.

And I have been through many hurricanes and no not every well built home will withstand a cat 4, this will also be upgraded in the future to a 5.

Hurricanes ain't no joke.... As a retired utility lineman I have seen my share of destructive hurricanes over the years.

One question....do brick or concrete homes also fall like those....when a hurricane hits?? :confused-84:
Found some pictures, because I really don't know, except I hear it's pretty expensive to build a house to withstand a cat-5 hurricane.

th

Nope. Not in PC or Tyndall AFB nor Marianna Florida.

The only reason I'd evac is if I was in the storm surges path.
Any well built home can withstand a cat 4.

Looters.

So.....it’s just stuff

And I have been through many hurricanes and no not every well built home will withstand a cat 4, this will also be upgraded in the future to a 5.

It's the surge that takes out the majority of homes,not wind.

th

Mexico Beach, Pt St Joe, Apalachicola wind and surge. It was estimated that there was 15 plus ft waves upon the storm surge.

Looters.

So.....it’s just stuff

It's the surge that takes out the majority of homes,not wind.

I suggest you find pics of Panama City (not the beach) and all the way to Alabama border then tell me storm surge took these homes out.

th

Mexico Beach, Pt St Joe, Apalachicola wind and surge. It was estimated that there was 15 plus ft waves upon the storm surge.

That'll take out damn near any house.
I'd definitely evac if i was in a surge zone.

Hey better yet go to storm2k.org and find the Michael discussion thread and start at about page 180 or so and follow through to the last page, will take you sometime..

th

Debbie, we didn't have quite so many photos last night as they have on TV this morning. Even so, when I picked the above photos, I wanted to be sure some of the bricks were in place so it would be obvious to lookers-on that these indeed were brick structures stricken. The couple I did see had bricks the same color as the ground they fell onto with nothing but a foundation showing concrete. So I made an executive decision to use photos that clearly showed evidence that they were brick structures. How thespian of me.

On Inside Edition this afternoon, a person who had stayed behind had video as his house was being ripped apart. He was sitting on the couch when the whole wall behind him was ripped from the house by the winds.

They also showed a video of a woman who had stayed behind sounding like she was in shock, because she kept repeating that staying was a stupid thing to do, and she never should have done it. She said it several times in a row, and you could hear the stress in her voice.

These are the sorts of people who vote in such a manner too. They vote because they're full of confidence, and then the shit hits the wall they regret it.

Maybe people should be a little less fucking stupid.

th

Debbie, we didn't have quite so many photos last night as they have on TV this morning. Even so, when I picked the above photos, I wanted to be sure some of the bricks were in place so it would be obvious to lookers-on that these indeed were brick structures stricken. The couple I did see had bricks the same color as the ground they fell onto with nothing but a foundation showing concrete. So I made an executive decision to use photos that clearly showed evidence that they were brick structures. How thespian of me.

Either go to storm2k.org Hurricane Michael discussion or go to this tv stations facebook page. Panama City, FL | WJHG Newschannel 7 | News, Weather, & Sports

On Inside Edition this afternoon, a person who had stayed behind had video as his house was being ripped apart. He was sitting on the couch when the whole wall behind him was ripped from the house by the winds.

They also showed a video of a woman who had stayed behind sounding like she was in shock, because she kept repeating that staying was a stupid thing to do, and she never should have done it. She said it several times in a row, and you could hear the stress in her voice.

These are the sorts of people who vote in such a manner too. They vote because they're full of confidence, and then the shit hits the wall they regret it.

Maybe people should be a little less fucking stupid.

I agree with the ones that stayed on Mexico Beach and St George Island.

th

Either go to storm2k.org Hurricane Michael discussion or go to this tv stations facebook page. Panama City, FL | WJHG Newschannel 7 | News, Weather, & Sports
Thanks, but I'm overdue for my prayer time for the victims. Thank you for your contributions to the thread. I do hear your voice, and I feel the pain our fellow Americans in Florida have in their extreme losses of home and loved ones they cannot locate for now.

The world is actually upside down to the angry borderline psychotic left. It looks like they actually celebrate the deaths and the alleged number of missing due to hurricane Michael for some convoluted political reason. The death toll stands at about 11 today.

Forum List

Back