2nd Amendment Discussion

The Second Amendment does exactly what it says it does. It guarantees the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms as a measure to insure the security of a free state. It does not authorize nor create nor even secure ANYTHING. You have been provided with enough legal precedent to verify that.

Furthermore, the individual states ruled that the Second Amendment is absolute and is above the law making power.

Regardless of what it originally meant, that is all irrelevant. The Constitution isn't worth the paper it's written on and there are no militias that enforce the Constitution or repel a dictator because most people live in total darkness of what their Rights and RESPONSIBILITIES are..
Where do you get your propaganda and rhetoric from?

The People are the Militia. You are either, well regulated or unorganized. Well regulated militia have literal recourse to our Second Amendment when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

STFU you imbecile. "Well-regulated" meant "In proper working order" in those times.

No, you don't get free hand jobs and to grope girls, dumbass!
lol. Where does the right wing find their propaganda and rhetoric?

Well regulated must be defined by our federal Congress, for the militia of the United States.

Not being plugged into the "right wing," I don't know where they get their "propaganda and rhetoric" (sic) from. As someone who has worked IN the field of law and hobnobbing with historians the only thing I can do for you is to bring you the truth. And know this dishonest dan, the right rails against me with a fervor that borders on fanaticism when I start talking about unalienable Rights.

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.”

John Adams, Notes for an Oration at Braintree, Massachusetts, 1772

It appears to me that on your rhetoric and propaganda, you just pull it out of your ass.
lol. nothing but continuance, diversion, and other forms of frivolous fallacy?

You need some new material, dannyboy. If not for the right, you wouldn't exist. That's got to be a miserable life. You need the right to exist for you to think you remain relevant.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.” Thomas Jefferson

Only the unorganized militia complains about gun control.

The unorganized militia is a legitimate part of the country's militia, composed of those who are not in the organized militia (minus some public officials.) Yes, when you infringe on their Rights, they complain.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”
-Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution
This is what the left wing has a doctrinal problem with:

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. It says so in the first clause, which the second clause must follow.

The People are the Militia.

Well regulated militia of the People have literal recourse to our Second Amendment.

Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” ( Tench Coxe (a Framer of the United States Constitution, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Tench Coxe

Washington could have pushed for Congress to amended the second amendment during the Whiskey Rebellion if it wasn't meant for citizens to take up arms against the government. The Union could have deprived southern states of its citizens the right to keep and bear arms it that wasn't it's intended purpose.

Where do you get your propaganda and rhetoric from?

The People are the Militia. You are either, well regulated or unorganized. Well regulated militia have literal recourse to our Second Amendment when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

STFU you imbecile. "Well-regulated" meant "In proper working order" in those times.

Well regulated must be defined by our federal Congress, for the militia of the United States.

Not being plugged into the "right wing," I don't know where they get their "propaganda and rhetoric" (sic) from. As someone who has worked IN the field of law and hobnobbing with historians the only thing I can do for you is to bring you the truth. And know this dishonest dan, the right rails against me with a fervor that borders on fanaticism when I start talking about unalienable Rights.

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.”

It appears to me that on your rhetoric and propaganda, you just pull it out of your ass.

You need some new material, dannyboy. If not for the right, you wouldn't exist. That's got to be a miserable life. You need the right to exist for you to think you remain relevant.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.” Thomas Jefferson
only the unorganized militia complains about gun control.

We have Government, for a public reason not a private reason.

Only the unorganized militia complains about gun control.

The unorganized militia is a legitimate part of the country's militia, composed of those who are not in the organized militia (minus some public officials.) Yes, when you infringe on their Rights, they complain.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”
-Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States. It says so in the first clause, which the second clause must follow.

Well regulated militia of the People have literal recourse to our Second Amendment.

Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” ( Tench Coxe (a Framer of the United States Constitution, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Tench Coxe

Only the unorganized militia complains about gun control not the organized militia.

Tench Coxe

Only the unorganized militia complains about gun control not the organized militia.

You do realize the organized Militia has no rights nor does it need a right to keep and bear arms

only the unorganized militia complains about gun control.

We have Government, for a public reason not a private reason.

Tench Coxe

:poop::blahblah:

Tench Coxe

You do realize the organized Militia has no rights nor does it need a right to keep and bear arms

Our Second Amendment is clear, in Any conflict of law.

The gun issue should only be about our civil rights to own modern fully automatic weaponry .....that looks welly welly scawy

Stop oppressing me
All other arguments are useless

Attachments

• free-1.jpg
    free-1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 23

Tench Coxe

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms"

George Washington, Debates of the Massachusetts Convention of February 6, 1788

Tench Coxe

You are repeating the same post verbatim. You need some new material. Of course the unorganized militia is complaining. It is their Liberties and gun Rights the politicians are after.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”
– Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

Tench Coxe

yes it's very clear shall not be infringed

Tench Coxe

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms"

George Washington, Debates of the Massachusetts Convention of February 6, 1788
We are not having these discussions because Only peaceable citizens have arms.

Tench Coxe

You are repeating the same post verbatim. You need some new material. Of course the unorganized militia is complaining. It is their Liberties and gun Rights the politicians are after.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”

The organized militia has literal recourse to our Second Amendment in Any conflict of law.

Tench Coxe
Yes, well regulated militia of the People may not be Infringed in the keeping and bearing of Arms for their State or the Union.

Tench Coxe

States have a right to their own security.

Tench Coxe
Yes, well regulated militia of the People may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

Tench Coxe
Yes, well regulated militia of the People may not be Infringed when keeping and bearing Arms for their State or the Union.

"(1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53." United States Supreme Court HOLDING in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Tench Coxe

States have a right to their own security.

There is a long line of state court authority recognizing a right to self-defense — and a right to defend property — under state constitutions. Twenty-one state constitutions expressly secure such rights, often using language such as this:

"All men … have certain unalienable Rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, [and] acquiring, possessing and protecting property."

Tench Coxe
Yes, well regulated militia of the People may not be Infringed in the keeping and bearing of Arms for their State or the Union.

The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed." The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree; and all this for the important end to be attained: the rearing up and qualifying a well-regulated militia, so vitally necessary to the security of a free State. Our opinion is, that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right, originally belonging to our forefathers, trampled under foot by Charles I. and his two wicked sons and successors, reestablished by the revolution of 1688, conveyed to this land of liberty by the colonists, and finally incorporated conspicuously in our own Magna Charta!” Nunn v State 1 Ga. (1 Kel.) 243 (1846)

Forum List

Back