🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

3/4ths of White House staff are considered... NON-ESSENTIAL!!!

It's also estimated that between 800,000 and 1 million federal employees would be affected by a partial shutdown...yet we will, as we have many times before, survive just fine. We have over 2.1 million federal employees, 60% of which will continue to work even after a shutdown.

Hey, maybe we don't really need all those bureaucrats in the first place???

Someone needs to explain to me why we have government employees who are paid to destroy American jobs.

Obama's EPA is calculated to destroy almost 8 million jobs..
1) EPA itself estimated that its ozone standard would cost $90 billion a year, while other studies have projected that the rule could cost upwards of a trillion dollars and destroy 7.4 million jobs.

2)Boiler MACT Rule: EPA's Boiler MACT (Maximum Achievable Control Technology) standards are so strict that not even the best-performing sources can meet them, so many companies will have no choice but to shut their doors and ship manufacturing jobs overseas. The rule has been projected to reduce US GDP by as much as 1.2 billion dollars and will destroy nearly 800,000 jobs.

Articles: Obama's EPA Plans for 2013

Under Gingrich's shutdown, the furloughed employees got back-pay. Enjoy your "victory"

Under Gingrich's shutdown, the furloughed employees got back-pay. Enjoy your "victory"

No question you are right! See we can agree on some issues!
THE point though is I'd quite frankly pay these idiots THEN HAVE THEM destroy 8 million jobs that pay their salaries!

I mean that would be cheaper!
8 million jobs at $40,000 a year is $320 billion in salaries!
employee at 6.2% for SS 1.45% for Medicare and Employer matches or total of $50 billion a year JUST in those taxes!
Then assume 10% income taxes on net taxable of $20,000 equals $2,000 taxes or another $16 billion in taxes.
Total of $66 billion a year THAT would NOT be destroyed VERSUS

he White House announced Monday that 480 staffers who work at the Office of Management and Budget have received furlough notices ...
Assume 480 staffers at $100,000 salary each: WOW $48 million a year to keep 8 million people working and paying taxes of over $66 billion... SEEMS to be a no brainer...
Keep those 480 idiots at home and save $66 billion a year in tax revenue!!!

Nobody should be receiving pay if they aren't working.

The Boehner Shutdown will end up costing Americans many millions. It may also cost Boehner his job.
On the plus side, when the GOP finally caves and gets the neutering of it's lifetime, it will be a nice Christmas bonus for the Federal Workers when they get their back-pay.

Alot of them are union employees as well; adding insult to injury for the GOP.

The Boehner Shutdown will end up costing Americans many millions. It may also cost Boehner his job.
On the plus side, when the GOP finally caves and gets the neutering of it's lifetime, it will be a nice Christmas bonus for the Federal Workers when they get their back-pay.

In fact, shuttering government offices has actually cost taxpayers money—an estimated $2 billion in today’s dollars the last time it happened in 1995 and 1996, when the government closed for 27 days.

Taxpayers pick up bill if government shuts down ? MSNBC

BUT wait that won't happen because OBAMA promised:
"I have made a solemn pledge that I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premiums by up to $2,500 a year." -Sources: Speech, "A Politics of Conscience," June 23, 2007

assume there are 20 million typical american families Obama's savings will be $50 billion a year!
So surely $2 billion is peanuts when you compare it to the $2 billion the last time it happened!!!

OH also remember... The $2 billion that will cost taxpayers???

Who are the taxpayers???
I thought 47% of Americans PAID NO taxes so where would THESE people Obama calls his people be hurt?

It's also estimated that between 800,000 and 1 million federal employees would be affected by a partial shutdown...yet we will, as we have many times before, survive just fine. We have over 2.1 million federal employees, 60% of which will continue to work even after a shutdown.

Hey, maybe we don't really need all those bureaucrats in the first place???

They'll get back pay also.

Forum List

Back