3 Arrested in Alleged Bomb Plot Targeting Somalis in Kansas

The difference in this case is the speed and breadth of communication afforded by the internet. Talk radio created enough of an echo chamber, but internet sites have just supercharged the whole process.

Well, in their defense, they find themselves in opposition to a much worse echo chamber.

The kind that believes the system is all roses and daffodils, minus a few small weeds. Most recognize the corruption and institutionalized terror of our government, but I see more marginalization of the problem than I do of individuals overblowing it.

Have we decided yet if they are:

White which would mean they are merely disturbed?
Here illegally which would mean we need to deport 12 million people?
Here legally but Muslim which means they are terrorists?

:confused-84:

Or you could try reading the article for a change.

Oh, they are white. Merely disturbed and no danger. Hit them with a restraining order and let them off with a warning.

Oh, they are white. Merely disturbed and no danger. Hit them with a restraining order and let them off with a warning.

I'd hold off on the restraining order.

The government has no moral legitimacy judging the actions of its citizens.

Last edited:
The real question about all the right wing militia groups has always been whether they would ever actually DO something, or just train a bunch and spend the evening drinking Hamm's™ and swapping goofy conspiracy theories.

If this stuff actually starts happening, the blame with be squarely with right wing radio and internet, and the crazies who take that stuff so damn seriously.

Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that's home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents "deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence," Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said. A complaint unsealed Friday charges Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. Their first court appearance is Monday.

Prosecutors said the men don't yet have attorneys. Publicly listed phone numbers for the men couldn't immediately be found. The men are members of a small militia group that calls itself "the Crusaders," and whose members espouse sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs, according to the complaint.

hey, mac... the rightwingnut militia groups have always been nothing but domestic terrorists. they don't like being called that but it's all they are. what else would you call people who think it is ok to raise arms against federal officers?
Well, if and when they actually do something I'd call 'em domestic terrorists.

I think their term for themselves would be "patriots" or something like that.

For the time being, I'd think "echo chamber paranoids" might work.

What would it take for you to understand that they have already done "something"?

I'm a bit surprised by your ignorance here.

The real question about all the right wing militia groups has always been whether they would ever actually DO something, or just train a bunch and spend the evening drinking Hamm's™ and swapping goofy conspiracy theories.

If this stuff actually starts happening, the blame with be squarely with right wing radio and internet, and the crazies who take that stuff so damn seriously.

Three members of a Kansas militia group were charged Friday with plotting to bomb an apartment complex that's home to Somali immigrants in the western Kansas meatpacking town of Garden City, a thwarted attack prosecutors say was planned for the day after the November election.

The arrests were the culmination of an eight-month FBI investigation that took agents "deep into a hidden culture of hatred and violence," Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said. A complaint unsealed Friday charges Curtis Wayne Allen, 49; Patrick Eugene Stein, 47; and Gavin Wayne Wright, 49, with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. Their first court appearance is Monday.

Prosecutors said the men don't yet have attorneys. Publicly listed phone numbers for the men couldn't immediately be found. The men are members of a small militia group that calls itself "the Crusaders," and whose members espouse sovereign citizen, anti-government, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremist beliefs, according to the complaint.

hey, mac... the rightwingnut militia groups have always been nothing but domestic terrorists. they don't like being called that but it's all they are. what else would you call people who think it is ok to raise arms against federal officers?

What would it take for you to understand that they have already done "something"?

My goodness. You just keep humping.

Please see post 7. You pay such close attention to my posts that I'm surprised you didn't see that.

On the other hand, I'm sure you still won't be satisfied. Not my problem.

Yuck.

Use bing and learn who they are and a terrorist is a terrorist no matter their religion, race or sexual preference...

:confused-84:

Or you could try reading the article for a change.

Please stop with the stupidity... Or don't!

I do not believe shows like Hannity, Limbaugh and others caused these individuals to become the way they are. They're from Kansas which is red as it get and many out there are born into anti-Government families that have passed down through generations their hatred and disdain for the U.S. and even State and Local Governments...

Growing up in rural Illinois and have lived in rural Kentucky and Oregon the main source for many of these radicals start at home and the in the Church...

Now I am not writing all Christianity is filled with hatred but I have seen Preachers preach fiery hatred from their pulpit just like Radical Imam would do during their lectures to their recruit.

The name of the group is a dead give away of what they are before someone write I am attacking Christianity.

So look to the Home and their Preacher if you want answers how they became so radical in their hatred because Talk Radio is not the issue...

( I left out the internet for a purpose because it is a major recruitment tool for radicals and the government )

Please see post 7. You pay such close attention to my posts that I'm surprised you didn't see that.

Yuck.

You are not really interested in discussing the topic of your thread, are you?

I saw post number 7. It was an ignorant post. The group's you are discussing are organized and have perpetrated scores of attacks. This is not a question of whether or not these groups will act. It is a matter of when and where they will act next.

I'm pretty sure that you aren't so ignorant.....so the question becomes....why are you pretending to be?

Yuck.

I saw post number 7. It was an ignorant post. The group's you are discussing are organized and have perpetrated scores of attacks. This is not a question of whether or not these groups will act. It is a matter of when and where they will act next.

I'm pretty sure that you aren't so ignorant.....so the question becomes....why are you pretending to be?
Tell you what. You already know that I have long since given up trying to communicate with you, so here's an idea:

Iceweasel was kind enough to drop by in Post 15 and leave some much-appreciated pleasantries. Why don't you two wingers go at it for a while?

Aside from that, you'll just be typing to yourself.

Thanks!

32_zpsw19inazs.gif~original

Bringing Somalis into America will (and has) caused many problems to our society.

Yuck.

Tell you what. You already know that I have long since given up trying to communicate with you, so here's an idea:

Iceweasel was kind enough to drop by in Post 15 and leave some much-appreciated pleasantries. Why don't you two wingers go at it for a while?

Aside from that, you'll just be typing to yourself.

Thanks!

32_zpsw19inazs.gif~original

Tell you what.....as long as you post things on a public forum that I feel like commenting on, I will comment on them.

You started a thread about domestic terrorists by suggesting that they are all talk and no action. For some reason, you want to ignore the facts which inform us that they are, in fact, extremely active. You must have a reason for doing that.....and I am trying to discover what that is.

In addition, you attempt to lay blame for any future acts by these groups on right wing talk radio and the Internet.....as if domestic terrorism didn't exist long before both of those things. That's ridiculous. As ridiculous as you blaming the deaths of law enforcement officers on people who call for criminal justice reform.

Now...you would love to equate my posting style and contribution with a freak like Iceweasel. That is your primary defense mechanism. If everyone who calls you out is equally nutty....you MUST be right!

I'm right here to discuss issues with you in a mature, adult manner. When you are ready for that, we can do so.

Forum List

Back