3 Mexican companies want to work onTrump's border wall

I like how it's described as "patriotism" in Mexico, but anything patriotic in America is described as "nationalism" by liberals.

Mexicans can call it whatever they want. The bulk of them who are illegally in the U.S. didn't enter the country by traipsing through the wilderness to cross the border. The majority of illegals come to the U.S. legally and overstay their visas, but Trump wants to build a wall to stem the least prevalent means of illegal immigration. (How many Mexicans actually cross the border illegally?) A wall isn't going to do a damn thing to curtail that form of illegal migration to the U.S. If I were a Mexican business owner, I'd probably know that; thus I'd be more than happy to help build Trump's wall, and I could call it patriotic or anything else someone wanted me to call it so long as I get paid.
It will do little to stem illegals crossing the border as well. A billion dollar wall can be defeated by a 100 dollar ladder...

Strictly speaking, I have to agree with you, at least in principle/theory. LOL

Practically speaking, I would hope the wall be monitored well enough that a ladder leaned against it, indeed the people approaching the wall with said ladder, would attract the attention of border guards who could get to the place in question before the climbers can abscond successfully.

I certainly think the wall idea is a dumbass idea from the get-go. I'll grant that a wall sounds like a good idea, but I know better than to think it actually is one. Frankly, I think lots of cactus, quicksand, alligators and other dangerous animals, supplemented by a force of drones are a better strategy than is a wall. Even in broad daylight, a camouflaged rattler is very hard to spot, and you still don't want to step on one.
The thing is though, the type of surveillance and sensors that would make such a wall practical would work without the wall in the first place. I actually support adding monitoring along the border that would catch people crossing as many are also doing so for other illegal reasons like drug trafficking.

Sensors are even better without a wall that will announce their presence.

I like how it's described as "patriotism" in Mexico, but anything patriotic in America is described as "nationalism" by liberals.

Mexicans can call it whatever they want. The bulk of them who are illegally in the U.S. didn't enter the country by traipsing through the wilderness to cross the border. The majority of illegals come to the U.S. legally and overstay their visas, but Trump wants to build a wall to stem the least prevalent means of illegal immigration. (How many Mexicans actually cross the border illegally?) A wall isn't going to do a damn thing to curtail that form of illegal migration to the U.S. If I were a Mexican business owner, I'd probably know that; thus I'd be more than happy to help build Trump's wall, and I could call it patriotic or anything else someone wanted me to call it so long as I get paid.
It will do little to stem illegals crossing the border as well. A billion dollar wall can be defeated by a 100 dollar ladder...

That assumes the wall is just a wall and doesn't have any high tech features like motion sensors, thermal imaging cameras/drones, etc.
See above. If you are going to have the technical devices to monitor the wall then you don't even need the wall in the first place.

Seriously? Mr. Buy American is going to outsource the wall construction to MEXICAN companies,

on our tax dollar?

How unsurprising.
Wow, you are terribly uninformed. You thought Trump wants these guys to build the wall? :laugh:

Practically speaking, I would hope the wall be monitored well enough that a ladder leaned against it, indeed the people approaching the wall with said ladder, would attract the attention of border guards who could get to the place in question before the climbers can abscond successfully.

I certainly think the wall idea is a dumbass idea from the get-go. I'll grant that a wall sounds like a good idea, but I know better than to think it actually is one. Frankly, I think lots of cactus, quicksand, alligators and other dangerous animals, supplemented by a force of drones are a better strategy than is a wall. Even in broad daylight, a camouflaged rattler is very hard to spot, and you still don't want to step on one.
The thing is though, the type of surveillance and sensors that would make such a wall practical would work without the wall in the first place. I actually support adding monitoring along the border that would catch people crossing as many are also doing so for other illegal reasons like drug trafficking.

There's no reason we can't have both. Have a wall with sensors and other monitors and also have hundreds of feet of monitoring behind the wall.

Two agents in a 4x4 can defeat 1000 guys with ladders.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

That assumes the wall is just a wall and doesn't have any high tech features like motion sensors, thermal imaging cameras/drones, etc.
It especially assumes that there won't be people guarding it. All leftwing theories about how the wall can be defeated are based on the border patrol being terminally stupid.

You really are one fucking dumbass. Alligators and snakes has to be the dumbest solution to the problend ever posted.

There's no reason we can't have both. Have a wall with sensors and other monitors and also have hundreds of feet of monitoring behind the wall.

....But there are several billion reasons we shouldn't have both......

In your opinion. In my opinion, it's money well spent to help secure our border.

Tomorrows buttstain headline:

TRUMP USES CHEAP ILLEGAL LABOR TO BUILD WALL!

Technically, the same holds true for the fence around the WH, the wall around the Vatican and even prison walls. What makes them work is having enough security to monitor them. Electronic surveillance in addition to having enough border guards would make a huge difference.

Technically, the same holds true for the fence around the WH, the wall around the Vatican and even prison walls. What makes them work is having enough security to monitor them. Electronic surveillance in addition to having enough border guards would make a huge difference.

Also, even though most walls can be scaled, they still buy a few minutes of time to slow down invaders, which will buy more time for sensors to identify them and for border security to start heading their way.

In your opinion. In my opinion, it's money well spent to help secure our border.
it's money well spent to help secure our border.

Fine. Please share with us your business case that shows it to be "money well spent." Don't forget, a business case has both the financial costs and the financial returns..

Fine. Please share with us your business case that makes it "money well spent." Don't forget, a business case has both the financial costs and the financial returns..

It's a down payment for securing the future of America.

Fine. Please share with us your business case that makes it "money well spent." Don't forget, a business case has both the financial costs and the financial returns..

Fail. That's not a business case....That's a BS response.

You made the claim that it's money well spent. Back up your claim.

I personally don't care if you're not convinced. The only person I care about convincing is myself.

Fine. Please share with us your business case that shows it to be "money well spent." Don't forget, a business case has both the financial costs and the financial returns..

Seriously? You think the wall is strictly a financial investment. While it will save billions spent on illegal aliens each year, it will also mean a lot less people dying at the hands of illegals. Between criminals and drunk drivers, too many people die each year because of an illegal alien that shouldn't be here.

If liberals started basing things on the financial returns, most of their policies would never see the light of day.

I personally don't care if you're not convinced. The only person I care about convincing is myself.

YOU made the claim that it's money well spent. Back up your claim.

You care only about convincing yourself. Do you, thus, post here as a means for convincing yourself?

If you had any real basis for your views, you'd come prepared with the case that gives them teeth, but instead here you are convincing yourself.....Go sit down and let the grown-ups have a conversation.

Seriously? You think the wall is strictly a financial investment. While it will save billions spent on illegal aliens each year, it will also mean a lot less people dying at the hands of illegals. Between criminals and drunk drivers, too many people die each year because of an illegal alien that shouldn't be here.

If liberals started basing things on the financial returns, most of their policies would never see the light of day.
Seriously? You think the wall is strictly a financial investment.

That was not my claim. The other member childishly made the claim that it's "money well spent," not I. He made the claim; he needs to back it up. Ask him if he thinks it's a good financial use of our national treasure. Maybe he will share with you the case that makes it be money well spent.

YOU made the claim that it's money well spent. Back up your claim.

You care only about convincing yourself. Do you, thus, post here as a means for convincing yourself?

If you had any real basis for your views, you'd come prepared with the case that gives them teeth, but instead here you are convincing yourself.....Go sit down and let the grown-ups have a conversation.

I'm convinced it's money well spent. If you're not convinced, go kick rocks.

Forum List

Back