41 Senate Republicans Want A 'Trump' War With Iran

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
41 Republicans vote against Iran amendment, effectively blocking bill - CNNPolitics

Senate Republicans tallied enough votes Friday morning to block a largely Democratic-backed amendment that would require President Donald Trump to get congressional approval before striking Iran militarily.

During an unusual Friday vote that commenced at 5 a.m. to meet various scheduling demands of the senators, Republicans hit the 41-vote mark, which means the Iran measure can't get the 60 votes it would need to advance.

Sen. Joni Ernst, a Republican from Iowa, cast the 41st vote.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G. W. Bush is gonna be a proud muthafucka.

41 Republicans vote against Iran amendment, effectively blocking bill - CNNPolitics

Senate Republicans tallied enough votes Friday morning to block a largely Democratic-backed amendment that would require President Donald Trump to get congressional approval before striking Iran militarily.

During an unusual Friday vote that commenced at 5 a.m. to meet various scheduling demands of the senators, Republicans hit the 41-vote mark, which means the Iran measure can't get the 60 votes it would need to advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well what is your solution? You can see Iran is attacking people. What do you think we should do? Find Chamberlain and try appeasement again?

It is is stupid proposal that served no public purpose. Why do we pay these sucks to waste time when there are real issues that need addressing?

• Banned
It is is stupid proposal that served no public purpose. Why do we pay these sucks to waste time when there are real issues that need addressing?

Yes & good point. I've been wondering why in Hell McConnell keeps stuffing all of those pieces of legislation into his private sewer instead of allowing the Senate to vote on the bills.

Last edited:
Well what is your solution? You can see Iran is attacking people.

So? They aren't our people. Those two ships that got hit were under the flags of Norway and Japan and neither of those countries want to get into a war with Iran, who which, by the way, was never proven to be responsible. Why do we need to have a solution when it's not even our business?

Find Chamberlain and try appeasement again?

Let me know when Iran invades Czechoslovakia

So? They aren't our people. Those two ships that got hit were under the flags of Norway and Japan and neither of those countries want to get into a war with Iran, who which, by the way, was never proven to be responsible. Why do we need to have a solution when it's not even our business?

We already know that Iran is in fact, using their terrorist proxies to attack other countries.

How much more powerful, and aggressive does Iran have to get, before you think we should do something? Do they have to start world war 3 with nukes, before you think we should stop the aggression?

Tell me, I want to know.

Republicans don't need to know what any bill is about. If it is backed by democrats shitcan it.

• Banned

We already know that Iran is in fact, using their terrorist proxies to attack other countries.

How much more powerful, and aggressive does Iran have to get, before you think we should do something? Do they have to start world war 3 with nukes, before you think we should stop the aggression?

Tell me, I want to know.

Trump will take care of that one

Remember that these folks don't want to put their own lives on the line. They want to put the members of our armed forces on the line. For trump, pigpence, and bolton.

Who says the 41 want a war at all?

In fact, I'd say leaving this tool in the President toolbox means there is a lot less chance of it being used.

President Trump is a businessman, and he knows the words of the great Virgil Solozzo, "blood is a big expense"

All that President Trump wants is a guarantee that the country he loves will not be attacked.

In fact, I'd say leaving this tool in the President toolbox means there is a lot less chance of it being used.

President Trump is a businessman, and he knows the words of the great Virgil Solozzo, "blood is a big expense"

All that President Trump wants is a guarantee that the country he loves will not be attacked.

I take exception with your last line there: Trump keeps bellowing that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon & that seems to be why Trump is applying the so called 'maximum pressure' campaign on Tehran.

It has nothing to do with, "Trump wants is a guarantee that the country he loves will not be attacked."

So No War with Iran?

Thanks

End Thread.

When did this filthy bitch in the Oval Office ever love his country?

If Donald J. Trump didn't love his country and want to give back, he would have never disembarked from the Golden Escalator in 2015.

Running for political office was the Obama and Clinton families' way to riches and fame.

Donald J. Trump was already richer than either of them, and already more famous. Lived in a nice apartment. He didn't need this, but did it anyhow because of his almost unbelievable patriotism and desire to give back.

If the Clintons hadn't become political icons, they would be living in a trailer in Arkansas, Hillary working as an associate for Walmart.

If the Obamas hadn't, Mike and Barry would be living in a tenement in Chicago, still organizing the community.

Both became huge tycoons because of political office

I take exception with your last line there: Trump keeps bellowing that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon & that seems to be why Trump is applying the so called 'maximum pressure' campaign on Tehran.

It has nothing to do with, "Trump wants is a guarantee that the country he loves will not be attacked."

Iranian nukes would make America vulnerable to an attack.

Tell me, I want to know.

They haven't done anything to warrant an all out war. You don't go to war over a machine

(1) when did Iran obtain nukes?
(2) when did Iran obtain a reliable delivery system for nukes that will reach the US?

When did this filthy bitch in the Oval Office ever love his country?

Thank you very much. If Trump would have loved his nation he would have gone to war like a good boy in Vietnam when Uncle Sam asked him to, instead of growing those ass 'fake bone spurs.'

What makes you think that Mr. Trump had "fake bone spurs"? I know about the dead podiatrist's daughters throwing their own father under the bus.

But that isn't proof of anything.

Now, if the folks at CBS would find written correspondence to show on 60 Minutes from the doctor talking about this- I'd would be interested in seeing it.

(1) when did Iran obtain nukes?
(2) when did Iran obtain a reliable delivery system for nukes that will reach the US?

They haven't done it yet, but President Trump is being proactive and is letting them know that if that's their idea, they can forget it.

Under the War Powers Act, a President only needs to inform Congress he does not need it's permission if he decides to use force anywhere in the world.

To stop him they'd need to pass a law with a veto proof majority.

Tell me, I want to know.

They haven't done anything to warrant an all out war. You don't go to war over a machine

So basically what you are saying is, we have to wait for blood. Because it was Hitler taking over the Rhineland that started the march to war. But no one wanted to go to war over machines... even if they were the machines the fueled the war effort for German.

Again, at what point do you think we should do something? Are you going to wait until they are a real nuclear threat invading other nations?

Because these are not entirely stupid people. They are not going to shed blood, until they have enough power in the region to make it a blood bath for us to intervene. Just like Germany made sure not to start shooting people, until they had enough military might, that they would walk into Poland without Europe doing anything.

If Europe had put their foot down with the Rhineland, and intervened militarily over machines, there never would have been a world war.

So at what point do we do something? How many machines, influence and power does Iran need before you act?

Forum List

Back