46% of San Francisco residents plan on moving

No question, San Francisco was a beautiful city at one time. Those days are long gone.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfran...hy-nearly-half-of-san-francisco-bay-area.html

I wonder how that compares to other major cities.

Not quite sure on that one. I know there have been a number of articles about people leaving California, other than SF, haven't seen any numbers for a city.

It seems terrible, as in a really high number wanting/planning to leave.

but our society has gotten a lot more mobile so maybe other places are just as bad...though I doubt it...rent and property values alone would keep me away

No question, San Francisco was a beautiful city at one time. Those days are long gone.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfran...hy-nearly-half-of-san-francisco-bay-area.html

As a long time resident of San Francisco:
a) San Francisco is still beautiful- but please keep believing it isn't- not as if we miss your presence.
b) I have lived here for decades- and have watched the ever revolving door of residents coming and going. Why was the Mission mostly Latino in the 80's and 90's? Because the Italians had moved out of SF to the peninsula. So it goes. Almost all of my friends who came here after college stayed here for about 5-8 years before moving to places that were cheaper- or to other cities for work.
c) We do have real problems here. Homeless for one- it has been a problem the entire time I have lived here and it has never been solved. High cost of living is of course related but also worse now which leads me to
d) San Francisco is being loved to death. There is a massive influx of new people with lots of money willing to spend it on housing. There are tons of jobs nearby for people who get paid very, very well.
e) San Francisco has a very constricted map- unlike Houston that can just grow out and out- San Francisco doesn't have anywhere to grow but up.
f) And growing up won't solve the problem in and of itself.

None of this is to say that San Francisco can't do better- and should do better. We have real problems. But still my favorite city in the United States.
upload_2019-11-11_15-9-14.jpeg
images
testshoot_chinatown_3-d86fd5f61c734c23949fe9a4d5e61e23.jpg

upload_2019-11-11_15-10-59.jpeg
upload_2019-11-11_15-11-26.jpeg
images

Good. They'll move to a red state and turn it blue like immigrants did in Virginia, thank God.
That sounds a lot like how the plague will destroy the country. Damn shame we can't pass legislation to send Democrats to re education camps.

I would suspect your post is irony except I know that you Trump Twinkees harbor a deep desire for fascist oppression for those you disagree with.

I wonder how that compares to other major cities.

Not quite sure on that one. I know there have been a number of articles about people leaving California, other than SF, haven't seen any numbers for a city.

It seems terrible, as in a really high number wanting/planning to leave.

but our society has gotten a lot more mobile so maybe other places are just as bad...though I doubt it...rent and property values alone would keep me away

Housing has been quite high in SF for quite a few years, whereas the laxed approach on homelessness and illegals seems to be relatively new.

As a long time resident of San Francisco:
a) San Francisco is still beautiful- but please keep believing it isn't- not as if we miss your presence.
b) I have lived here for decades- and have watched the ever revolving door of residents coming and going. Why was the Mission mostly Latino in the 80's and 90's? Because the Italians had moved out of SF to the peninsula. So it goes. Almost all of my friends who came here after college stayed here for about 5-8 years before moving to places that were cheaper- or to other cities for work.
c) We do have real problems here. Homeless for one- it has been a problem the entire time I have lived here and it has never been solved. High cost of living is of course related but also worse now which leads me to
d) San Francisco is being loved to death. There is a massive influx of new people with lots of money willing to spend it on housing. There are tons of jobs nearby for people who get paid very, very well.
e) San Francisco has a very constricted map- unlike Houston that can just grow out and out- San Francisco doesn't have anywhere to grow but up.
f) And growing up won't solve the problem in and of itself.

None of this is to say that San Francisco can't do better- and should do better. We have real problems. But still my favorite city in the United States.
View attachment 289352
images
testshoot_chinatown_3-d86fd5f61c734c23949fe9a4d5e61e23.jpg

View attachment 289354View attachment 289355
images

Strange what some find attractive. On the upside you don't need to worry about my presence in that shithole, or many medical conventions for that matter.

A Major Medical Convention Canceled on San Francisco Because Its Streets Are So Distressing

th

th

th

Good. They'll move to a red state and turn it blue like immigrants did in Virginia, thank God.
That sounds a lot like how the plague will destroy the country. Damn shame we can't pass legislation to send Democrats to re education camps.
they want to do the same to your side.....funny how much a like you folks are...

I'm not surprised, I was born and raised in The City, and I moved to the East Bay. The home where I grew up (sunset dist.) is today valued at $1.2 millions, it is 1,200 sq. ft, 3 & 1; I live in a home values at $1.3 million, 2,136 sq. ft with a ..25 acre back yard - 4 & 3, and the Iron horse trail adjacent to our back fence.

https://www.ebparks.org/parks/trails/iron_horse/default.htm#mileage
wry houses in Garden Grove are going for 3-4 hundred thousand...doesnt mean they are all nice....

I'm not surprised, I was born and raised in The City, and I moved to the East Bay. The home where I grew up (sunset dist.) is today valued at $1.2 millions, it is 1,200 sq. ft, 3 & 1; I live in a home values at $1.3 million, 2,136 sq. ft with a ..25 acre back yard - 4 & 3, and the Iron horse trail adjacent to our back fence.

https://www.ebparks.org/parks/trails/iron_horse/default.htm#mileage
wry houses in Garden Grove are going for 3-4 hundred thousand...doesnt mean they are all nice....

Bad news, cheapest house in Garden Grove is $530K.
Garden Grove, CA Single Family Homes for Sale | realtor.com®

I would suspect your post is irony except I know that you Trump Twinkees harbor a deep desire for fascist oppression for those you disagree with.
Not at all. I totally believe you should have your own opinion. I'll even consider it no matter how dumb it might be. Democrats are the bigots in this equation.

The article is from 2 years ago. Housing is not a political party or governance problem it is capitalist in source. Greedy people cause the expense.

What is this greed you speak of?

Damn, you girls need to get a new Hobby.

what is it about California that bugs you so much? Jealousy?
Envy?

Yep, jealousy, everyone wants to live in a pigsty.

Some have no choice. I see people living in cars in Orange County and it's a heavy fine if you get a ticket for that. I believe things will get worse since more and more of the nation's wealth is going to a handful of billionaires and these republican politicians want to cut whatever safety nets the poor now have. Time for FDR but he's long gone but there's still Bernie!

Last edited:
My son moved out of San Francisco (OK, Oakland) this week. New job in Nevada pays slightly less but after lower commuting costs and decreased rent are considered he's about $1,700 per month ahead of the game. That figure doesn't take into account the lower taxes and reduced homeowner and auto insurance rates. My only question is what took him so long.

Imagine what it smells like when your block is covered in homeless shit and the occasional rotting body.

San Francisco has no idea of the hell that's barrelling down upon them. It breaks my heart. I lived in that beautiful city. It was the jewel of the west coast. No more.

They just elected Chesa Boudin as district attorney. If you need a more formal introduction his parents were in the same Weather Underground as Bill Ayers. Not being as smart as Ayers, both the Boudins went to prison leaving their son in the care and training of Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadette Dohrn. No wonder his rally slogan was F--- the police officer's Association.

San Francisco is going to get far filthier and far far more dangerous.

It's heart breaking. It really is.

I hate it when hear all these blue state people are moving

because they move to red states and turn them blue

that is horrible

I hate that!

Imagine what it smells like when your block is covered in homeless shit and the occasional rotting body.

Even among the most primitive of people, that is going back in time to prehistoric villages, they buried their dead. Dead bodies are found at these homeless camps all the time. I saw one woman describing living with decomposing bodies. Tell someone. Are they just that doped up?

Envy?

Some have no choice. I see people living in cars in Orange County and it's a heavy fine if you get a ticket for that. I believe things will get worse since more and more of the nation's wealth is going to a handful of billionaires and these republican politicians want to cut whatever safety nets the poor now have. Time for FDR but he's long gone but there's still Bernie!

Agreed, some don't have a choice, although many do have a choice. And their choice is to continue doing drugs and not working. As far as who is benefiting I'd say politicians that only have an interest in becoming billionaires.

Envy?

I think you’re a bit confused....this nation has no wealth...the people of this nation have the wealth...The wealth being generated is going to those doing the generating...Why wouldn’t it?

Forum List

Back