47 Republicans vote in support of same sex marriage

With mid term elections coming up, the last thing Republicans want to do is go on the record on abortion, same sex marriage and birth control

It’s a start (150 Republicans voted against Same Sex Marriage)
The House passed Respect for Marriage Act protecting interracial and same sex marriages.

Senate Republicans seem to be running away from the issue and don’t want to be forced to go on the record.

Can Democrats force a vote?

Good for you, must be your lucky day.

With the TRUMPCourt, all bets are off as to what issues are not in jeopardy. Republicans are willing to push all decisions to the states.

Democrats need to force these issues and make Republicans vote.
Correct.

With the courts no longer defending citizens’ rights and liberties, lawmakers will need to do so via the political process.

With the TRUMPCourt, all bets are off as to what issues are not in jeopardy. Republicans are willing to push all decisions to the states.

Democrats need to force these issues and make Republicans vote.

Except that Democrats are idiotically pushing the wrong issues. Gasoline is twice the price it was during 2018, the inflation rate almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, we're in a recession, people's retirement accounts have lost $3 trillion dollars over the last year, we're having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil, there are still sporadic shortages on the store shelves, there are still supply line disruptions, we have a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, there's an increasing epidemic of violent crime and drugs, there are something like 4 million more illegals in this country that weren't here two years ago, we had more COVID deaths than in 2020, we were shamed by a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan, we have a weakened military, Iran's nuclear program now has enough material to build a nuclear bomb, Russia's oil industry has been revitalized, and there's a major war in Europe that could even go nuclear.

And your idiot House Democrats think interracial and same-sex marriages are the big issues facing this country?

Give me a fuckin' break already.

Except that Democrats are idiotically pushing the wrong issues. Gasoline is twice the price it was during 2018, the inflation rate almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, we're in a recession, people's retirement accounts have lost $3 trillion dollars over the last year, we're having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil, there are still sporadic shortages on the store shelves, there are still supply line disruptions, we have a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, there's an increasing epidemic of violent crime and drugs, there are something like 4 million more illegals in this country that weren't here two years ago, we had more COVID deaths than in 2020, we were shamed by a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan, we have a weakened military, Iran's nuclear program now has enough material to build a nuclear bomb, Russia's oil industry has been revitalized, and there's a major war in Europe that could even go nuclear.

And your idiot House Democrats think interracial and same-sex marriages are the big issues facing this country?

Give me a fuckin' break already.
Sorry, but we don’t get to vote on the price of gasoline

Good thing I’m not a mod and never will be. Otherwise I’d have to give myself a week off.

Now back on topic. I still don’t give a damn if two lesbians marry each other or two homosexual males marry each other.

I'm not a never Trumper but if two faggots want to get married so be it but leave children out of it.

Good thing I’m not a mod and never will be. Otherwise I’d have to give myself a week off.

Now back on topic. I still don’t give a damn if two lesbians marry each other or two homosexual males marry each other.

Nobody does. So why does Congress need to waste the country's time and money on enacting legislation to protect something that's already legal?

Especially when there are far more important things they should be working on?

I'd have voted for Satan himself against Trump, if my vote would have meant anything.

I'm for apportioning EV by state voting %
I still can't fathom why Democrats hate Trump so much, when he did so many good things for minorities and poor people, things Dems are supposed to like. I guess this is a very different Democratic Party than when I was a Democrat during the 20th century.

Nobody does. So why does Congress need to waste the country's time and money on enacting legislation to protect something that's already legal?

Especially when there are far more important things they should be working on?
I suppose there is some concern that SCOTUS may act to reverse its own prior holding on the topic. Seems far fetched to me. Otoh, even assuming (as I do) that the SCOTUS will never make any such ruling, I see this vote as just precautionary.

Last edited:
With mid term elections coming up, the last thing Republicans want to do is go on the record on abortion, same sex marriage and birth control
Republicans are on the record on abortion (OPPOSED) and same sex marriage (OPPOSED), and this is why they have made huge gains among Hispanics.

I highly doubt that same-sex marriage is supported by more than two-thirds of the country. Gallup and almost every other poll reflect Democrat preferences, because almost all Republicans don't answer polls.

These anti-Catholic/Christian ideas of Democrats, along with abortion, are why the Democratic Party is losing Hispanics in droves

I still can't fathom why Democrats hate Trump so much, when he did so many good things for minorities and poor people, things Dems are supposed to like. I guess this is a very different Democratic Party than when I was a Democrat during the 20th century.

They hate Trump because "Hillary." It was "her time."

Forum List

Back