48% of U.S. say govt should restrict false info even if it means losing freedoms

I prefer 'stomp all over' to restrict. If you allow them to be taken away, maybe you didn't deserve them in the first place.
The battle is lost when most people don't even understand individual liberty.

I prefer 'stomp all over' to restrict. If you allow them to be taken away, maybe you didn't deserve them in the first place.
Well apparently people from the other side wanted to stomp over the majority's vote which is why we had the attemped insurrection of January 6th.

Fascism and authoritarianism are alive and well in the GOP (Grand Old Plutocracy).

The survey didn't ask if the government should restrict false information. The survey asked about 11,000 people if government should take steps to restrict false information. That's a big difference depending on your understanding of the words "take steps". Interestingly the 48% roughly corresponds to the number of hard core democrats combined with the truly ignorant.

The survey didn't ask if the government should restrict false information. The survey asked about 11,000 people if government should take steps to restrict false information. That's a big difference depending on your understanding of the words "take steps". Interestingly the 48% roughly corresponds to the number of hard core democrats combined with the truly ignorant.
Right. Democrats want government to "take steps" to prevent websites from posting things that Democrats don't like. And Republicans want government to "take steps" to force websites to post things that Republicans like.

How's about both sides "take steps" to piss off?

Last edited:
Try blowing out a candle with a mask on. That's all the scientific proof you need.

Try breathing with a mask on. Note that the air circulates freely and you have no trouble breathing.

Think about it ....

I'm sure they do, and I bet you don't even understand why.

It's because the false information has become so prevalent that it's doing more damage than restrictions on our freedoms would.

That's because some dirty, underhanded, bastards are abusing our freedoms to push fake news and crazy conspiracy theories.

And you know who you are.
Wrong. It's because the woke morons are overpopulating. They are the source of all the false information.

Right. Democrats want government to "take steps" to prevent websites from posting things that Democrats don't like. And Republicans want government to "take steps" to force websites to post things that Republicans like.

How's about both sides "take steps" to piss off?
What information are Republicans trying to force websites to post?

Forum List

Back