6 Years Ago Obama Promised To Buy a Chevy Volt, Now It’s Dead

GM cancelled six cars
Five of which are gas powered

Why do conservatives celebrate only the cancellation of the electric

GM cancelled six cars

First, there is the folly that recharging the battery in an electric car is cheaper than a tank of gas.

Second, the folly that taking everything into consideration, electric cars pollute less than gas powered ones.

Third, re-fueling a gas vehicle takes five minutes while recharging the battery takes over night.

Fourth, one can travel up to 450-500 miles with a gas powered vehicle,

What's not to celebrate at the demise of a useless and overly expensive lemon?

GM cancelled six cars

First, there is the folly that recharging the battery in an electric car is cheaper than a tank of gas.

Second, the folly that taking everything into consideration, electric cars pollute less than gas powered ones.

Third, re-fueling a gas vehicle takes five minutes while recharging the battery takes over night.

Fourth, one can travel up to 450-500 miles with a gas powered vehicle,

What's not to celebrate at the demise of a useless and overly expensive lemon?
It is far from useless

Why do you oppose alternative fuels. What is in it for you?

People want big Trucks, and SUV's. They DON'T want electric vehicles, and hybrids. They are NO MORE environmentally friendly than Internal Combustion Engine cars, anyway, which can actually meet, or exceed people's transportation NEEDS.

Obama shoveled a lot of bullshit which the Left and fake news media constantly gave him a pass for.

People want big Trucks, and SUV's. They DON'T want electric vehicles, and hybrids. They are NO MORE environmentally friendly than Internal Combustion Engine cars, anyway, which can actually meet, or exceed people's transportation NEEDS.

Hell, even cars are becoming obsolete.

Ford no longer makes cars.
GM killed Oldsmobile and Pontiac.

Minivans are the vehicles of the future and they are the real McCoy, because they are every bit as good as an SUV with the beautiful convenience of sliding back doors.

I wouldn't have a problem getting a high performance electric vehicle, there are a few good ones like the Tesla model P out there. The number one major drawback for me is that at best it takes two to three hours every time you want to charge it, and if you use a regular charger, well, that could take up to eight hours. The other drawback is the limited distance you can travel, before having to charge, which takes hours.

In comparison to the convenience of just driving up to a gas station and filling up your tank in less than five minutes. Perhaps hydrogen technology is the future, but I hear the technology has a long way to go and can be explosive.

Last edited:
GM cancelled six cars

All six of which were cancelled for the same reason. The public wasn’t interested in buying them while factories continued to churn them out. That one happens to be electric powered isn’t that important to me. It’s just a part of the overall GM problem of its failure to follow and properly interpret consumer demand and translate it into product development planning that produced vehicles the public would want to buy.

Several high priced suits had to be asleep at their respective switches for a few years for this to happen.

GM cancelled six cars

In my life, through the years, I had two Oldsmobiles and four Pontiacs.

Through all those years - when I was young - I resisted buying a Buick, because I observed that while not all old men drive Buicks, all Buicks are driven by old men.

When GM killed Oldsmobile and Pontiac I swore I would never buy a GM product again.

Now that I am old, I might consider buying a Buick.

Now, now, I love my hybrids, like the Highlander and RX350h. When I can get up to 38 mpg , I am more than content to not pay highway taxes through gasoline.. yeah, another tax loophole that I legally use...

I test-drove a Volt...it was like driving a freaking space-ship....no sound...you could hear yourself breathe...if you weren't rocking the extraordinary Bose sound system. Six airbags and no destination anxiety because it also had a gas motor (not connected to the drive-train). I promised myself I'd buy one when the e-range hit 50 miles and the price came down. The range did hit 50 but the price never came down. I also thought GM should have branded it a Cadillac instead of a Chevy....hard to pay $40K for a Chevy.

2018_chevy_volt_0.jpg

I test-drove a Volt...it was like driving a freaking space-ship....no sound...you could hear yourself breathe...if you weren't rocking the extraordinary Bose sound system. Six airbags and no destination anxiety because it also had a gas motor (not connected to the drive-train). I promised myself I'd buy one when the e-range hit 50 miles and the price came down. The range did hit 50 but the price never came down. I also thought GM should have branded it a Cadillac instead of a Chevy....hard to pay $40K for a Chevy.

2018_chevy_volt_0.jpg

Hard to pay $40k for a Chevy

Unless it is a Corvette

No surprise there. He lied to that lady who he said he would pay her mortgage too.

2018_chevy_volt_0.jpg

Hard to pay $40k for a Chevy

Unless it is a Corvette

Forum List

Back