6 Years Ago Obama Promised To Buy a Chevy Volt, Now It’s Dead

Now, now, I love my hybrids, like the Highlander and RX350h. When I can get up to 38 mpg , I am more than content to not pay highway taxes through gasoline.. yeah, another tax loophole that I legally use...

Hey, that's great, and that's freedom of choice. I just don't want have to be forced to buy one, or some city telling me I can't drive my ICE car/truck there.

Why would Republicans celebrate the demise of an American car?
Government Motors is hated by those that love America.

Funny how Ford, Who took no Obama handouts, continues to do fine.
Ford is also ending car production. Sedans and coupes just aren't selling. It's trucks. SUVs and crossovers. Serious off road vehicles like the Jeep have a following all their own. Electric and hybrid vehicles will still be next gen. They just won't be cars like the Volt.

Ford is also ending car production. Sedans and coupes just aren't selling. It's trucks. SUVs and crossovers. Serious off road vehicles like the Jeep have a following all their own. Electric and hybrid vehicles will still be next gen. They just won't be cars like the Volt.

I think the Volt has a great future because the R&D is done, they are now done with the aero and concentrating on battery performance....more power or higher mileage? Put a demoncrat back in the WH and electrics and hybrids will come back into vogue...probably mandated by $6 a gallon gas like Obwana's energy sec wanted.

I think the Volt has a great future because the R&D is done, they are now done with the aero and concentrating on battery performance....more power or higher mileage? Put a demoncrat back in the WH and electrics and hybrids will come back into vogue...probably mandated by $6 a gallon gas like Obwana's energy sec wanted.
Put the Volt out as a midsize SUV and see how it does

Now Obama only drives Ferrari's, Lamborghinis and limited edition Bentleys. He thanks America for the opportunity to serve you...

Yes he does.

He foisted the Volt on the Government. Wonder if any of them still work. I also wonder how much money each one cost.

All part of his Green initiative. What a waste of our hard earned tax dollars.

What a fucking waste of money.

Won't work....the GM engineers worked for years just on the body shape ...there's a video about how they tried dozens of different aero packages before they were satisfied. Then they went to work on the motors and decided the gas motor would run the e-motor when the battery pack was depleted. You have to use premium octane gas because it's apt to sit in the tank for weeks before you need it. Then came the batteries themselves. The stories about the fires and EMT getting electrocuted using the jaws on a wrecked Volt were horseshit. The package is still attractive if they can get the cost down and mass-produce it. Nobody likes breathing smog (which is just smoke unless you're next to an ocean or Great Lake) so why not go electric if you can? The electic-traction motor produces more low-end torque than any gas engine.....the Volt is a fast car...I know and I'm an old Camaro man.

It would do quite well as an SUV.

GM like Ford is going away from sedans. While the Volt is being discontinued, their Bolt remains which Obama can buy.

What Engineers Found When They Tore Apart Tesla's Model 3....

They were making electric cars in 1910.

Put the Volt package in a conventional boxy, heavy SUV and you'd get about 20 miles of range out of it. Aero is the game in e-vehicles. I think the Mary has lost her mind believing we saved GM to watch them lay off 15K workers while it's building vehicles in China.

Put the Volt package in a conventional boxy, heavy SUV and you'd get about 20 miles of range out of it. Aero is the game in e-vehicles. I think the Mary has lost her mind believing we saved GM to watch them lay off 15K workers while it's building vehicles in China.
I'm sure the rank and file of the UAW is still massaging their sore butts too! All the money Obama diverted illegally from his Economic Stimulus package to keep the UAW fat,dumb and happy propping up GM and the end result is they say eff you to the UAW anyway.

Forum List

Back