7000-1. Guess Who Won

They are common rules of decorum, which go out the window only when Trump is involved with you clowns.

You are just a sad miserable TDS loser, who will make the planet a better place when you are 6 feet under it.
Jesus, are you actually going to defend Trump by appealing to common rules of decorum?

That's takes some balls to be that hypocritical.

Trump never gave a shit about decorum. He just wanted a weapon to use against his enemies. Don't be a dupe. You know who this man is. He told us every day.

If so then Salem should piss off and leave the man alone
They should. Overly onerous rules about how they manage their own property are annoying.

But you're probably going to find similar rules in nearly every corner of the country.

And you should piss off and leave Twitter alone instead of calling them Nazis for deciding how to manage their own property.

Odd.

That is a beautiful piece of art. I cannot fathom why anyone would get entangled in ordering its removal. Not only a silly thing to do but not even good optics.

It is rather ironic I can remember people attempting to protect graffiti on public land (101 freeway) when I lived in LA in the 90's. I think some of it is still there if it has not has someone else try and tag over it.

According to another source, the issue seems to be about permitting...

Unpermitted mural honoring veterans at Salem business gets in crosshairs of code compliance

They should. Overly onerous rules about how they manage their own property are annoying.

But you're probably going to find similar rules in nearly every corner of the country.

And you should piss off and leave Twitter alone instead of calling them Nazis for deciding how to manage their own property.
We used to have enough shared values that the occasional jerk complaining about the American flag being raised over Iwo Jima would be ignored if not laughed out of the room

but lib culture is dividing America into many small parts in conflict with each other

They left out the part where murals have to be permitted before they can be painted on buildings. Or that no one insisted it be taken down.

City officials contested this claim.

“This mural is a beautiful way to honor and recognize this significant moment in our history, and the sacrifices made by our veterans and their families," officials said in a statement.

"The reason for the code compliance contact is due to the fact that the mural was produced without an application to the Salem Public Arts Commission," Salem Public Works spokesman Trevor Smith said. "Since it hasn’t been established as public art through that process, it is considered a large wall sign per the city’s code. Our sign code is concerned with the size, location, and construction of signage, not what the sign says or how it is portrayed."

1st Amendment, another right the commies think you need permission from a government bureaucrat to exercise.

Because they decide, all on their own, what is fit to be printed, thus denying the concept of free speech.
The concept of free speech is that the government doesn't get to decide what you can and can't say.

Free speech has nothing to do with you getting to speak with the use of someone else's resources.

We used to have enough shared values that the occasional jerk complaining about the American flag being raised over Iwo Jima would be ignored if not laughed out of the room

but lib culture is dividing America into many small parts in conflict with each other
Is this just about content?

I don't think it should be. There should be just as much equal protection if the mural has patriotic themes or if it references gay pride. Although when push comes to shove, I think a lot of people are just wanting to use this to divide us further.

In the end, this isn't really about dividing the country politically, it's just about a city government applying their rules equally.

I don't think it should be. There should be just as much equal protection if the mural has patriotic themes or if it references gay pride.
Save the hypotheticals

this is a real event of a liberal democrat mayor attacking free speech on private property that involves brave men during the Pacific War

The concept of free speech is that the government doesn't get to decide what you can and can't say.

Free speech has nothing to do with you getting to speak with the use of someone else's resources.
Not when the government indicates what is acceptable in free speech. They influence twitter at all turns, just look at the political affiliations of those who get banned. No democrats, even though they carry on the same type of speech that gets others banned.

Save the hypotheticals

this is a real event of a liberal democrat mayor attacking free speech on private property that involves brave men during the Pacific War
The hypothetical is that it's done for political purposes.

That's your allegation.

But there's nothing to support it.

The hypothetical is that it's done for political purposes.

That's your allegation.

But there's nothing to support it.
All of the removal of statues, painting of streets in favor of BLM and repression of speech are all political.

Why does a PUBLIC arts commission have any jurisdiction over art on PRIVATE property?

Because the ordinances of the town require it.... ordinances decided upon by the elected officials of that town.

If you are putting a sign on your business, you have to follow regulations governing business sign. For instance, I can't put a big sign up for my business I run out of my house, because it isn't allowed by the homeowners' association.

If people want to express their freedom of speech, they should do so on their own property.

There are no public accommodation laws applicable to people banned from Twitter for violating the terms of service. It's been tried.
If people want to express their freedom of speech, they should do so on their own property.
Like painting a patriotic mural on their private property?

Forum List

Back