75% of voters believe the ‘defund the police’ has contributed to the huge crime wave spike

It shouldn’t take a poll to realize the ramifications of such rhetoric.

It was a losing mantra from the get go.

Well, duh. Fewer cops translates to more crime, it ain't rocket science. Plus you got some places that allow people to walk into a store and steal whatever they want and walk out without consequence. And yet too many people continue to vote for the democrats that put their cities and businesses at greater risk. Hard to understand, I guess the GOP has been demonized more than I thought.

The other 25% must be criminals, their families, and anti-American twats.

I don't know if it is true, that defund sparked an increase in crime. I am aware violent crime such as murder and even random violent attack and muggings took a big increase in 2021, though other crimes are said to have decreased.
People believe they will not be impacted personally from experience. It has been years since I suffered a criminal loss (debit card fraud in the 90s, though I got it all back) and even longer since we suffered a direct theft from our property (bicycles, which were recovered, stolen by kids from the front yard). I have not been the subject of a violent attack since I was 21 or 22 and am now 67. Experience says I probably will not be.
I do see crime stats increasing in the small city in which I live, and that includes violent crime. I know, that police cannot protect, as when you need them, they are at least 5 minutes away. I'm not paranoid, but I do take precautions and believe all adults should. My property is well lit with motion sensing lights, fully surrounded by effective decorative privacy fencing and gates (vehicle and pedestrian) are mostly locked. Door/windows not left unlocked. Having no kids living in our home, a variety of weapons are loaded and in various places if needed. I am aware and watch my surroundings and people when out and about. Car doors are locked and only parked in light areas. I am guarded in handling where I use debit card vs. credit card, never using debit online, more than 50 miles from, and rarely carry much if any cash, unless requiring it for a specific purpose. These are all passive measures and should be practiced by all responsible adults.
Last, but not least, I took the time to become licensed to carry, continue to remain proficient with range practice, keep it locked and loaded with Federal LE personal defense round, and it goes with me pretty much wherever I go. It is still unlikely I will ever suffer an attack, but it is certain, I will not have gone down quietly with full 15 rnd magazine still in my weapon, if the EMS have to collect me from the street. Again, not paranoid, but Joe Biden and Mayor Conger cannot protect me or anybody else. As an adult, you are highly responsible for your own security and that of the people around you, that you care about. Everyone should have these attitudes.

Well, duh. Fewer cops translates to more crime, it ain't rocket science. Plus you got some places that allow people to walk into a store and steal whatever they want and walk out without consequence. And yet too many people continue to vote for the democrats that put their cities and businesses at greater risk. Hard to understand, I guess the GOP has been demonized more than I thought.
Have any examples where Police Forces have been reduced?

75% are lazy thinkers.
Has any major metropolitan area actually done so?
Yes, most Dem run shit holes have cut police funding, and have twats for DAs and police chiefs that refuse to enforce laws, and allow criminals back on streets with “cashless bail”. Crime has skyrocketed in these Dem run shit holes, them refusing to arrest people for these crimes doesn’t mean the crimes have gone down.

though other crimes are said to have decreased
“Other crimes” have only gone “down” on paper, because the idiots have decided to not even prosecute “lesser crimes”. This is why CVSs are being cleared out in shit holes, because cops won’t even respond to a call for shoplifting. So stop playing dumb.

“Other crimes” have only gone “down” on paper, because the idiots have decided to not even prosecute “lesser crimes”. This is why CVSs are being cleared out in shit holes, because cops won’t even respond to a call for shoplifting. So stop playing dumb.
By George Hawk, I think you've got it. We see more and more of this in the news. If you no longer prosecute by decision of a single prosecutor, who knows what the crime rate is. Makes me wonder how common it is, where prosecutors just do not state their new singularly arrive at decision on what are prosecutable crimes.
Watch yourselves, people. Like Hawk points out, all is not in the numbers if the numbers do not reflect what the law identifies as crime anymore.

Yes, most Dem run shit holes have cut police funding, and have twats for DAs and police chiefs that refuse to enforce laws, and allow criminals back on streets with “cashless bail”. Crime has skyrocketed in these Dem run shit holes, them refusing to arrest people for these crimes doesn’t mean the crimes have gone down.
Post it up bruh.

Yep. What once were crimes become good clean fun, no harm, no foul and if you are caught for something still prosecutable, its easy in, easy out, and back to streets for business as usual.

Forum List

Back