8 Facts From Obama's War On Veterans That Will Leave You Outraged

BlackFlag10

College Conservative
Jun 1, 2012
The Obama administration, either due to a lack of attention or a surplus of ignorance, has severely failed American military veterans. The amount of veterans who are being denied timely access to the benefits that they have earned is staggering and growing by the day. You would think that an administration that has designed such a “wonderful” national healthcare system would be able to administer healthcare to those who have fought for our country.

8 Facts From Obama's War on Veterans -

The Obama administration, either due to a lack of attention or a surplus of ignorance, has severely failed American military veterans. The amount of veterans who are being denied timely access to the benefits that they have earned is staggering and growing by the day. You would think that an administration that has designed such a “wonderful” national healthcare system would be able to administer healthcare to those who have fought for our country.

How is it Obama's war?

Aren't republicans in charge of the congressional appropriations that would pay to fix the mess?

How is it Obama's war?

Aren't republicans in charge of the congressional appropriations that would pay to fix the mess?

The Department of Veterans Affairs is in charge of it. Earlier this year, Hagel sat before Congress and told them that he would fix this. He hasn't

Well, although like posts above, Redneck Liberals will NEVER accede that this is Obama's administration's fault. But, read this:

25 Signs That Military Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash

Under The Obama Administration

From The American Dream @ 25 Signs That Military Veterans Are Being Treated Like Absolute Trash Under The Obama Administration

This first paragraph of the story is long but I feel well-worth reading. What follows is even sadder.

Obama And The MilitaryWhy does the Obama administration treat our military veterans like human garbage? Every year on Memorial Day and Veterans Day, Barack Obama and our other politicians make very nice speeches, but the truth about how they feel about our veterans can be seen in how they are treated every single day. In the United States today, there are well over half a million veterans that have been waiting for at least 125 days to have their benefit claims processed. Many of them will ultimately have their claims sent back or denied just so a government employee somewhere can get a bigger bonus. Meanwhile, conditions at VA facilities all over the country are absolutely abysmal, and many veterans have to wait more than half a year just to get an appointment at one of those facilities. Once you start looking into how this country really treats military veterans, it becomes easier to understand why 22 military veterans commit suicide in America every single day. Our vets have a higher rate of unemployment, a higher rate of poverty, a higher rate of homelessness, a higher rate of depression and a higher rate of divorce then the general population. It is a crying shame. One of the ways that any society is judged is by how it treats military veterans, and the truth is that America has failed miserably. This has been particularly true since Barack Obama has been in the White House.

6. It takes a veteran an average of 7 months to get an appointment at a VA facility.

i needed a blood test for my Dr. appointment a week away, the VA said it would take about 6 to 8 weeks, i went to my local AF base hospital and had it done 10 minutes later, FAX'ed to my Dr. same day, my Dr. was very pleased at the results..., so was i !

So you support hiring more Federal Workers to process these claims? Tell that to the Austerity whores.
Moron.

Shut down the useless Department of Education and put them in Veteran Affairs processing these claims. They should have at least enough IQ points to do that. This way, we kill two birds with one stone.

Remove a useless department and help those who fought for their freedom.

I thought you wanted to help them?

Legislation is NOT helping them. Remove the worthless spending in other non-Constitutional areas of the budget, shut down some departments, and get those people processing claims.

I swear, the left gets dumber by the hour.

Of course he treats em like trash. He is trying to make them the enemy.
That way he can beef up his jackbooted thugs from DHS,and have his own army.

Legislation is NOT helping them. Remove the worthless spending in other non-Constitutional areas of the budget, shut down some departments, and get those people processing claims.

Jobs do help them, and we are not a third world nation, legislation is a good thing when not hindered by obstructionists.

Jobs do help them, and we are not a third world nation, legislation is a good thing when not hindered by obstructionists.
Legislation is meddling, interference, regulations and job stagnation.

Jobs to help them. Do away with about 9 feet of the CFR and watch the jobs explode.

Jobs to help them. Do away with about 9 feet of the CFR and watch the jobs explode.

In modern nations jobs like police, EMT, firefighter, sanitation, etc, are all government functions, providing localities with funding to hire more such workers and having the hiring pool be returning veterans is indeed helpful to jobless veterans, and this is what the Republicans stopped, now to some this is a good thing that these jobs were blocked, but those that think it was a good thing can not say they are on the side of the vets.

In modern nations jobs like police, EMT, firefighter, sanitation, etc, are all government functions, providing localities with funding to hire more such workers and having the hiring pool be returning veterans is indeed helpful to jobless veterans, and this is what the Republicans stopped, now to some this is a good thing that these jobs were blocked, but those that think it was a good thing can not say they are on the side of the vets.
Yes. Local groups, funded by local taxes, who are now at risk and jeopardy because the Federal government has taken so much more, that there is nothing left to take. This reduces these jobs, along with the unfunded mandates (read this as restrictive regulations) on the states and is it any wonder that there are no jobs.

Legislation is a death knell to economic activity.

Last edited:

A post here leading to a personal blog there, leading to personal youtube video as it's supporting documentation?

Do I doubt that the V A is jammed up?

Not one bit.

Do I think this thread sheds any light as to WHY this is happening or what we can do about it

Of course not.

This is just another cult of personally, all hate all the time, let's not think to hard about this now, go team go partisan fucking nonsense.

Yes. Local groups, funded by local taxes, who are not at risk and jeapordy because the Federal government has taken so much more, that there is nothing left to take. This reduces these jobs, along with the unfunded mandates (read this as restrictive regulations) on the states and is it any wonder that there are no jobs.

If localities could afford those jobs without government aid they would have them, in the real world the federal government subsidizes many things that go on in the localities and having more first responders is a good thing.

Yes. Local groups, funded by local taxes, who are not at risk and jeapordy because the Federal government has taken so much more, that there is nothing left to take. This reduces these jobs, along with the unfunded mandates (read this as restrictive regulations) on the states and is it any wonder that there are no jobs.

If localities could afford those jobs without government aid they would have them, in the real world the federal government subsidizes many things that go on in the localities and having more first responders is a good thing.
thereby causing shortages and need in other areas of the country. So much so, that they have to single out a class of people for more abuse to finance their pie-in-the-sky ambitions.

Localities COULD afford those jobs if nearly 50% of the protection money paid to the Federal Government remained in the communities from which they are confiscated. At worst, it would be monies paid to the State to redistribute to the State's communities. Instead, we have mandates and regulations on States and communities without offsets, that drive down the creation of business and jobs, while driving up the costs of living.

As a retired veteran, I can tell you none of those problems started with Obama. I once got so sick of the delays of my medical bills not being paid in a timely manner, I actually threatened to blow up the claims building.

This was pre-9/11, or I would probably be in jail right now. :)

It is an old story. You see a doctor, the doctor sends the bill to Tricare, Tricare takes almost a year to pay the bill. In the meantime, the doctor's business gets tired of waiting to be paid and they sic bill collectors on your ass.

This is not an Obama thing. This is an inefficient military healthcare system thing.

And now, as part of the austerity kick, Congress is booting myself and millions of other retired vets off Tricare Prime. We are being converted to a much more expensive program.

Ever since I retired, I often ask myself how I could have been so stupid to serve for 20+ years.

The rules and regulations for military healthcare are written by Congress, not the President.

And I could tell you a medical nightmare story that occured in my life under Bush's watch that would make you extremely angry, but I would have to reveal too much about my personal life. But it is very similar to the story in your link about the soldier with the brain injury. There are all kinds of cracks in the system which we vets fall through on a regular basis.

So there is nothing in your link which leaves me outraged at Obama. I've been outraged since long before this newcomer came along.

Last edited:

How is it Obama's war?

The Department of Veterans Affairs is in charge of it. Earlier this year, Hagel sat before Congress and told them that he would fix this. He hasn't

So, they are trying to address the problems? Yes or no?

Forum List

Back