9,200 Fewer Abortions in Texas After Passage of Pro-Life Law

When Texas secedes...sooner the better...they can close their borders to prevent women from leaving to get abortions....

I wonder if the reasons for abortion are of interest to you....or do you take the position that any reason a woman chooses is good enough?

The vast majority of abortion performed in the United States are carried out for reasons that can be broadly categorized as “matters of convenience.” In a study of 27 nations, reasons for abortion services were found to be the following:

a. “Worldwide, the most commonly reported reason women cite for having an abortion is to postpone or stop childbearing. The second most common reason—socioeconomic concerns—includes disruption of education or employment; lack of support from the father; desire to provide schooling for existing children; and poverty, unemployment or inability to afford additional children. In addition, relationship problems with a husband or partner and a woman's perception that she is too young constitute other important categories of reasons.”
Reasons Why Women Have Induced Abortions: Evidence from 27 Countries

b. A 2004 study of American women yielded similar results: “The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%).

Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.” http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

By whom? You?

More strict Abortion laws save lives. :cool:

A year after the passage of a controversial bill restricting abortion in Texas, there will be an estimated 9,200 fewer abortions performed in the state, according to a report published earlier this month by the Texas Policy Evaluation Project.

"Compared to Period 1 [the six months prior to the bill's debate], there was a 13% decline in the state's abortion rate in Period 3 (the same six-month period one year later), corresponding to about 9,200 fewer abortions annually," according to the report, entitled “Change in Abortion Services After Implementation of a Restrictive Law in Texas.”

It also says that Texas had 41 abortion clinics as of May 2013. By November 2013, that number had been reduced to 22 and is expected to fall as low as six by September, when all abortion clinics in Texas must follow ambulatory surgical center (ASC) requirements.

The number of chemical abortions also decreased by 70 percent.

The legislation, which was passed and signed into law by Gov. Rick Perry last July, prohibits most abortions after 20 weeks, requires that all abortionists have admitting privileges at a local hospital, and mandates that all chemical abortions be performed according to FDA regulations

Report Estimates 9,200 Fewer Abortions in Texas After Passage of Pro-Life Law | CNS News
this is great news. Keep the baby killers on the run. Arrest abortion doctors.

But not the women who plan to "murder" their fetus'?

When Texas secedes...sooner the better...they can close their borders to prevent women from leaving to get abortions....

I wonder if the reasons for abortion are of interest to you....or do you take the position that any reason a woman chooses is good enough?

The vast majority of abortion performed in the United States are carried out for reasons that can be broadly categorized as “matters of convenience.” In a study of 27 nations, reasons for abortion services were found to be the following:

a. “Worldwide, the most commonly reported reason women cite for having an abortion is to postpone or stop childbearing. The second most common reason—socioeconomic concerns—includes disruption of education or employment; lack of support from the father; desire to provide schooling for existing children; and poverty, unemployment or inability to afford additional children. In addition, relationship problems with a husband or partner and a woman's perception that she is too young constitute other important categories of reasons.”

b. A 2004 study of American women yielded similar results: “The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%).

Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.” http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

So what?

Most abortions are because a woman has either had enough children or isn't prepared for motherhood?

Those sound like excellent reasons to have an abortion.

Based on the consideration you've given to the life of the baby, one might conclude that you'd be fine with shooting the Brinks guard if said woman needed a new pair of alligator boots and matching wallet......

"Those sound like excellent reasons...."

Abortion is the hypocrite's crutch, it requires nothing of the hypocrite, controlling the lives of another person is what they desire most, taking care of or assisting the same person is something they loathe. Empty moralizing is their trademark. A child dies every 15 seconds in the world of natural causes, do you ever hear the hypocrites mention them? And every married couple, every month aborts life, unless they attempt to conceive the potential life present, they just pretend it is something other than what it is. The same people who argue against supporting a woman's right to contraceptive medicine, gladly pay for boner medicine, I guess males matter more than women in their world, and so it goes.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/301002-a-new-forum-maybe-post7469334.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...way-it-was-pre-roe-v-wade-11.html#post6717483

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...luding-late-term-abortions-2.html#post5858288

"....controlling the lives of another person...."

Very close to the definition of abortion.

Ironic, huh?

Interesting.

The question I have is why? What has this law don’t to reduce abortions? Has it simply restricted access and if that is the case (as I think it is) are you banking on this being a good thing? I have serious issues with the government interceding with anyone’s body – even in the case of pregnancy. I can also see this as essentially killing the bill in the courts – limiting access based on arbitrary rules.

I actually agree with the 20 weeks part – it makes sense to me that abortion should be regulated within the gestational period BUT I would doubt that is the barrier that reduced abortions overall. Closing all the clinics down – that is the likely cause.

Half of the clinics in Texas have been closed and it's estimated that only 6 will be left by September.

So Texas is getting ready to have an unwanted baby boom.

That means children being born to parents who may, at the least, be indifferent and at the most, abusive.

But that's OK with the GOP, because they don't give a fuck about 'em after they're born anyway.

Conservatives obsess on banning abortion because it's a topic that suits the simpleminded.

So.....that's the reason you've been drawn to post on the topic?

No, that's the reason I'm not shooting abortion doctors, or tacitly endorsing it.

I haven’t seen such contortions since you gave birth to yourself......which post was it that suggested "shooting abortion doctors, or tacitly endorsing it," NYcarbuncle?

Abortion is the hypocrite's crutch, it requires nothing of the hypocrite, controlling the lives of another person is what they desire most, taking care of or assisting the same person is something they loathe. Empty moralizing is their trademark. A child dies every 15 seconds in the world of natural causes, do you ever hear the hypocrites mention them? And every married couple, every month aborts life, unless they attempt to conceive the potential life present, they just pretend it is something other than what it is. The same people who argue against supporting a woman's right to contraceptive medicine, gladly pay for boner medicine, I guess males matter more than women in their world, and so it goes.

"Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State." Edward Abbey

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/301002-a-new-forum-maybe-post7469334.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...way-it-was-pre-roe-v-wade-11.html#post6717483

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...luding-late-term-abortions-2.html#post5858288

Ironic, huh?

Get ready to put your money where your pie hole is when these parents or single mothers have to go on welfare to raise these unwanted children, or if these kids are simply abandoned.

Texas will have to start opening orphanages, like we had in the previous, archaic and controlled society of the 19th century which is where your head is.

Get ready for 18 years of support per unwanted child, and we KNOW how righties love their money and want to reduce taxes, so please STFU when it comes YOUR turn to pay for them.

By whom? You?

I note the correct usage of "whom"....

...and, therefore, I'm surprised that you seem to have missed the link that I provided.

"The Guttmacher Institute is a non-profit organization which works to advance reproductive health. The institute operates in the United States and globally "through an interrelated program of social science research, policy analysis, and public education".[1][2] According to their mission statement, this program aims to "generate new ideas, encourage enlightened public debate, promote sound policy and program development and, ultimately, inform individual decision making".
Guttmacher Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might read the linked material, and see if that phrase is accurate.

It is.

Abortion, all hail Satan.

My opinion is that Noah's flood was real, a flood story has been passed down from many civilizations, the details can be argued.

No. It's a myth. Never fucking happened.

My opinion is that perhaps by making abortion harder that women MIGHT be taking better care of themselves. Using contraception properly. Or just abstaining from behavior that causes the liberal curse of pregnancy. Would that not be a good result? Instead of just taking little responsibility and letting the death of the unborn be the result.

Your whole premise is contingent on the belief that a kidney-bean sized fetus is the moral equivalent of a newborn. Even people who want babies don't think that.

People, myself very included, are like water or electricity they take the path of least resistance. People won't always do the right thing, such as a simple thing as wear a seat belt. For whatever reason the 2 seconds it takes to put it on is just too much for some people. So they receive more severe injuries when they do in fact have an accident. So laws are passed to try and get people to do the right thing. Will anyone argue that abortions is the right thing?

yeah, I'd argue that it is the right thing for some people who aren't financially or emotionally cut out to be parents.

As for the BS about choice. ALL laws are about restricting choice. You do not have the choice to kill someone. You do not have the choice to inflict harm onto yourself. You do not have the choice, without consequences, not to wear a seat belt.

Again, I find it amusing that someone who calls himself "Freewill" wants the government regulating what people do with their sex organs.

Ironic, huh?

Get ready to put your money where your pie hole is when these parents or single mothers have to go on welfare to raise these unwanted children, or if these kids are simply abandoned.

Texas will have to start opening orphanages, like we had in the previous, archaic and controlled society of the 19th century which is where your head is.

Get ready for 18 years of support per unwanted child, and we KNOW how righties love their money and want to reduce taxes, so please STFU when it comes YOUR turn to pay for them.

OK, I am more then happy to pay to support them.

Now are you going to pay for the influx of illegals across the border? Or are you going to expect me to pay for that also?

By whom? You?

Spot on. High, very high 5.

Abortion, all hail Satan.

My opinion is that Noah's flood was real, a flood story has been passed down from many civilizations, the details can be argued.

No. It's a myth. Never fucking happened.

Your whole premise is contingent on the belief that a kidney-bean sized fetus is the moral equivalent of a newborn. Even people who want babies don't think that.

yeah, I'd argue that it is the right thing for some people who aren't financially or emotionally cut out to be parents.

Again, I find it amusing that someone who calls himself "Freewill" wants the government regulating what people do with their sex organs.

Ironic, huh?

OK, I am more then happy to pay to support them.

Now are you going to pay for the influx of illegals across the border? Or are you going to expect me to pay for that also?

Don't try to play bait and switch with me, bitch.

And you can say you'll pay but I bet you will be the one who complains the loudest.

So what?

Most abortions are because a woman has either had enough children or isn't prepared for motherhood?

Based on the consideration you've given to the life of the baby, one might conclude that you'd be fine with shooting the Brinks guard if said woman needed a new pair of alligator boots and matching wallet......

They might to someone who can't tell the difference between a zygote and an adult human being in a uniform.

And of course when they run out of money for 9200 new social services cases, they are gonna come grovelling to Uncle Sam (ie. Blue State tax revenues) for a handout.

Ironic, huh?

I have an idea that might short-circuit your fears......Liberals might stop endorsing and championing the idea that women don't need husbands when they decide to have children.

Second-level thinking is often beyond those of your political persuasion, but my suggestion would

1. reduce poverty

2. reduce crime

3. produce more conservatives

4. reduce the number of Liberals in office

No pun intended, but " 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wished."

So what?

As long as men want to have sex with women for any reason there will be hundreds of reasons why women don't want to have the baby. Men don't want to have ANY FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY here!

If it tore up their bodies like it does a woman's you can bet damn straight that men would be in favor of abortion and this issue would be moot. But as it stands they not only can skirt the physical aspect of giving birth, they can skirt the financial aspect, too.

I say they need to do their part and keep their zipper closed if they thing abortion is wrong.

So what?

They might to someone who can't tell the difference between a zygote and an adult human being in a uniform.

Now....see if you can follow this: zygotes-> foetuses->babies.

Too difficult for you to comprehend?

Not too difficult for those who purchase condoms to comprehend.

Now....see if you can follow this: zygotes-> foetuses->babies.

Too difficult for you to comprehend?

Not too difficult for those who purchase condoms to comprehend.
But a zygote is not yet a baby.....is it?

Ironic, huh?

I have an idea that might short-circuit your fears......Liberals might stop endorsing and championing the idea that women don't need husbands when they decide to have children.

Second-level thinking is often beyond those of your political persuasion, but my suggestion would

1. reduce poverty

2. reduce crime

3. produce more conservatives

4. reduce the number of Liberals in office

No pun intended, but " 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wished."

That's second level thinking? Thanks, I think I'll stay at the top.

Forum List

Back