9 out of 10 Americans completely wrong

The affluent are growing more affluent than ever.

The rest of Americans are growing poorer than ever.

That state of affairs does not bode well for any nation that is a democratic republic.

You folks can give us all the Willy May rags to riches stories you want, but those statistical outliers do not change the fact that the aggregate statistics are still showing a upward trend in incomes and wealth maldistribution.

And the reason is... the Government is PAYING PEOPLE TO STAY HOME AND DO NOTHING. When you are paying 40MILLION PEOPLE TO STAY POOR. How the hell can you expect the aggregate statistics to show a "downward" trend in income distribution? Those 40million EARN NOTHING. We could pay them all a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR and the numbers would still show them as having ZERO INCOME. Welfare is not a job.

That state of affairs does not bode well for any nation that is a democratic republic.

You folks can give us all the Willy May rags to riches stories you want, but those statistical outliers do not change the fact that the aggregate statistics are still showing a upward trend in incomes and wealth maldistribution.

And that trend is not because the so called rich are actively plotting against the so called poor.

You could give every so called poor person a 10K a year raise and they still wouldn't plan their finances any more than they do now. What they would do is most likely piss it away and have no idea where the extra money went just like they do now.

And that trend is not because the so called rich are actively plotting against the so called poor.

Well...not all of them, that's for damned sure.

The vast majority of very affluent people in this nation are guilty of nothing except (much like the rest of us) being OUTSIDERS.

I think a significant percentage of the Rich ARE actively plotting against the Poor -- and that the percentage increases as the Wealth of the Rich increases.

The most determined and fanatical engagers in Class Warfare are the Rich, not the Poor.

Yes, well, you're a certifiable loon, so your opinion is duly noted and filed away under "whacked out extremist weirdo".

'

Really? It is an opinion that is not that uncommon among your fellow citizens.

Are you claiming that so many Americans are "whacked out extremist weirdos", or is there perhaps some other reason for this statement?

This is horse crap.
FACT....The NUMBER of people reaching affluence is increasing.
There is NO SUCH THING as wealth distribution.
The zero sum game is a myth.
Wealth does not exist in a vacuum. There is no 'share'..There is no 'pie'...
Wealth is created.

I think a significant percentage of the Rich ARE actively plotting against the Poor -- and that the percentage increases as the Wealth of the Rich increases.

The most determined and fanatical engagers in Class Warfare are the Rich, not the Poor.

Don't turn this on others.
Your problem with wealth is YOUR problem.

This is horse crap.
Wealth is created.

Wealth is created by working Americans

They are accumulating a smaller and smaller portion of the wealth that they create

Who is to blame?

Yup.

Your problem is you like to speak to the average. I don't see people as some amorphous faceless mob like you do.

The simple fact is that if you want to improve your position you can.

Just because simple isn't easy does not mean it's impossible.

You like to speak as if you hold people in high esteem but you really seem to believe that people in general are incompetent.

Keep falling back on the singular argument. If one person can work harder and do better, then that is the solution for everyone

If it works for one it can work for all.

150 million Americans are not lazy. Working Americans are as productive as anyone on earth. They have been asked to work harder and make sacrifices. They have done just that and still receive a smaller slice of the pie

I never used the word lazy. People just accept what they have and very few do anything to improve their situation. It's the human condition.

Do you realize most people spend more time planning their two week vacation than they do planning their finances? Most people have no idea what they spend their money on every month.

These things have nothing to do with some rich guy with his boot on the neck of the poor.

And there is no pie.
Sure there is pie.
Some people worry about how the pie is being sliced, and others make more pies.
I think we both know which of those pie eaters are the successful people.

They are accumulating a smaller and smaller portion of the wealth that they create

Who is to blame?

Themselves. The savings rate is at all-time lows. Then again, maybe this is a good thing. They are much better off keeping their money in the stock market than sitting inside of a bank today.

Who is to blame?
Themselves. The savings rate is at all-time lows. Then again, maybe this is a good thing. They are much better off keeping their money in the stock market than sitting inside of a bank today.
So that their wealth can be skimmed off by the Big Boys with collusion and insider trading?

Don't turn this on others.
Your problem with wealth is YOUR problem.
Oh! Well, if you say so, I guess it must be true.

So that their wealth can be skimmed off by the Big Boys with collusion and insider trading?

Well, let's put it in this perspective. How much money are people making in the stock market right now?

fredgraph.png

And how much money are people making having their money sitting in a bank?

fredgraph.png

And what exactly is the inflation target of the Federal Reserve?

fredgraph.png

I rest my case...

This is horse crap.
Wealth is created.

Who is to blame?

For a moment, let us stipulate that what you claim is true.
The blame? Easy. That falls squarely on the shoulders of those who create it.
How is this done? Also simple. Those who live beyond their means. By spending too much of their wealth on 'wants'.
BTW, define 'working Americans'...Keep in mind that 'working' is NOT exclusive to those in blue collar occupations.
Here's an example of one of those who make a very good living yet have no 'accumulated wealth'....
I have a friend who works a lot of hours. His income is well into the six figures. He is blue collar.. Hourly. Plenty of OT..
He is married, his wife does not work. They have two young children.
His wife has a problem with poor money management. She spends on impulse.
The girls both compete in cheer leading. He told me that the schedule or travel, fees, lodging, meals and fuel will be roughly $8,000. There is also a $500 per month charge for the girls to attend tumbling and practice. That is an additional $6,000 per year.
He told me that despite his income, they have no savings.
Now, is poor money management MY problem?
Is it MY problem when someone buys too much house?
Is it MY problem is someone must have toys?
Is it MY problem is someone makes a very good living only to squander their money on trips, toys and cars?

This is horse crap.
Wealth is created.

Who is to blame?

Yes wealth is created by working Americans young, old, rich and poor. For example, Billy Gates creates a small software company from nothing in his garage, from which, in part tremendous wealth is generated for hundreds of thousands of people. As another example Apple... Another example, Google. Another example, Yahoo. Another example facebook.

Oh I'm sorry this does not fit your picture of working class people generate the wealth does it?

When do working class people switch from being wealth generators to evil scum sucking rich people? When they become successful?

Far from it

The American dream is no longer what it once was.......unless you are among the richest mericans

That's your opinion.

Tell it to new college graduates or war veterans

Ask how their American Dream is working out

Don't even go to college degrees. There are over one million people earning bachelor's degrees each year. Many of those degrees leave the graduate with little more than a heavy student loan debt. The reason is the business world has no interest in "women's studies' "history', 'Greek philosophy', or 'African-American Studies' degrees.
Yes...YOUR opinion.
READ....http://www.theatlantic.com/business...rads-are-jobless-or-underemployed-how/256237/

'
Oh! Well, if the graphs are from the government, Dow Jones and the Governors of the Federal Reserve, you must be right !!

Everybody trusts them!!
donald-duck-laughing1.jpg

This is horse crap.
Wealth is created.

Who is to blame?

Yes wealth is created by working Americans young, old, rich and poor. For example, Billy Gates creates a small software company from nothing in his garage, from which, in part tremendous wealth is generated for hundreds of thousands of people. As another example Apple... Another example, Google. Another example, Yahoo. Another example facebook.

Oh I'm sorry this does not fit your picture of working class people generate the wealth does it?

When do working class people switch from being wealth generators to evil scum sucking rich people? When they become successful?
Of the companies mentioned don't Yahoo, Google, and Facebook get their revenues and profits almost entirely from advertising? Is this the new version of the "American Dream"? To make it big financially by creating a new venue for advertising? One older company had used the slogan "better living through chemistry". Is the contempory equivalent of that "better living through advertising"?

Forum List

Back