9 out of 10 Americans completely wrong

Interesting. That is the way it should be. However, as pointed out in the video, the very wealthy have vastly increased their wealth, while the rest of us have just barely maintained where we are at, or have actually seen our wealth diminish. Wages have essentially been stagnant for 30 years. If you wanted to increase your income, you either found a job with a great deal of overtime, or changed careers.

What the video shows is and indefensible concentration of wealth that is poison for this nation.

This is a DEAD issue.
Not one of you lefties will discuss the following.
When a person gets an increase in pay. Or when a person becomes wealthy from inheritance, lottery winnings, investments, in what way does it affect YOU?
Your side despises wealth because you either believe it's unfair. Or it doesn't look right. Or "Why should that guy get to have that big house. I work hard too. Where's MINE?!!!!"

It's not an issue of one person getting rich

It's an issue of 400 Americans having more wealth than half the country combined ......that affects the country

Well what do you suggest? the other 299,999,600 americans go over to their house, beat them up and rob them?

Define "wealth" as you use the term

And wealth is not a zero sum game if you increase your wealth that does not mean someone else loses theirs.

Interesting. That is the way it should be. However, as pointed out in the video, the very wealthy have vastly increased their wealth, while the rest of us have just barely maintained where we are at, or have actually seen our wealth diminish. Wages have essentially been stagnant for 30 years. If you wanted to increase your income, you either found a job with a great deal of overtime, or changed careers.

What the video shows is and indefensible concentration of wealth that is poison for this nation.

This is a DEAD issue.
When a person gets an increase in pay. Or when a person becomes wealthy from inheritance, lottery winnings, investments, in what way does it affect YOU?
Your side despises wealth because you either believe it's unfair. Or it doesn't look right. Or "Why should that guy get to have that big house. I work hard too. Where's MINE?!!!!"

That's the thing they won't look at. The fact that divesting the rich of all their wealth won't put an extra penny into he bank accounts of the less rich. But it would result in a hell of a lot less opportunity for the less rich to become more rich. The left has long pushed class envy in order to generate favor from those who hope to become richer via government benefits rather than having to do the sometimes very hard work to earn what they have. But government forced wealth redistribution has been pretty consistent in increasing disastisfaction and misery wherever it has been attempted.

This is a DEAD issue.

It's an issue of 400 Americans having more wealth than half the country combined ......that affects the country

How so?
Give some examples. Facts. Not what you 'feel'.

If you haven't increased your net worth (the only reasonable measure of wealth} whose fault is that?

The answer is: yours.

No one is stopping you from increasing your net worth. Period.
Well, those infantile statements certainly deserve to be called palaeolithic economics.

Perhaps they are even more simplistic and archaic than that.

Neanderthal economics?.....Australopithecine economics?

So simple facts are infantile now?

Since you're so smart maybe you can answer the question

Who is stopping you from increasing your net worth?

This is a DEAD issue.

Well what do you suggest? the other 299,999,600 americans go over to their house, beat them up and rob them?

What I suggest is that we allow the super wealthy to keep their money but discontinue government programs that are aimed at encouraging them to accumulate more and institute programs that enable working Americans to increase their standard of living

What I suggest is that we allow the super wealthy to keep their money but discontinue government programs that are aimed at encouraging them to accumulate more and institute programs that enable working Americans to increase their standard of living

Like letting people keep more of their own money?

This is a DEAD issue.

How so?

Fact: We live by he Golden Rule
He who has the Gold, makes the rules

Those 400 make a lot of rules including our current tax code. They also make rules on government subsidies, international law, trade law, labor paw, environmental laws.......all aimed to allow them to protect and accumulate more wealth

Where does the money of working Americans go? Healthcare expenses can wipe out most Americans. Educating children. Housing.
The paycheck of the average American no longer provides the basic standard of living it once did.

Where does the money of working Americans go? Healthcare expenses can wipe out most Americans. Educating children. Housing.
The paycheck of the average American no longer provides the basic standard of living it once did.

Then the average American has to do something about it.

What you don't seem to understand is that people are average because they don't do what those who achieve do.

It's not rocket science.

What you don't seem to understand is that people are average because they don't do what those who achieve do.

It's not rocket science.

Fallback on the...you don't work hard enough argument

The problem is not that 150 million Americans don't work hard enough

It's not rocket science.

Fallback on the...you don't work hard enough argument

The problem is not that 150 million Americans don't work hard enough

Yup.

Your problem is you like to speak to the average. I don't see people as some amorphous faceless mob like you do.

The simple fact is that if you want to improve your position you can.

Just because simple isn't easy does not mean it's impossible.

You like to speak as if you hold people in high esteem but you really seem to believe that people in general are incompetent.

Yeah, how about we discontinue ALL federal government programs that meddle in things that used to be governed by the free market like health insurance and education and housing and other quality of life and standard of living issues? If the federal government isn't there to jack up prices, the vendors of insurance, housing, etc. etc. etc. will have strong incentive to provide a product that people can afford. And when government is no longer targeting the 'wealthy' to exact ever more money to fund ever more bloated and out-of-control government, many more of the 'wealthy' will again have incentive to risk their investment capital which in turn provides opportunity for many more people to become rich.

How so?

Fact: We live by he Golden Rule
He who has the Gold, makes the rules

Those 400 make a lot of rules including our current tax code. They also make rules on government subsidies, international law, trade law, labor paw, environmental laws.......all aimed to allow them to protect and accumulate more wealth

It's true, government has too much power and makes too many regulations that distort markets.
We need to reduce the size and power of government, a lot. Glad you agree.
How long have you been a conservative?

The terms "wealthy", "poor", "working class", "welfare class", etc., are simply matters of one's personal attitude.
You are only as wealthy or poor as you think you are or are bound to be. If you want to be dependent on welfare or other government social programs you get there easily. All you have to do is to sit on your ass and do nothing.
If you want to improve your lot in life you can do that too. It's a bit more difficult, yes. It requires the combination of education, will power and hard work.
But just because you might be born into a "poor" household that doesn't mean you have to stay there. The limits to your potential are restricted only by the limits to your own motivation.

So? Spend your money however you want. You don't want to spend all your money on healthcare, schooling, and housing then don't spend it on healthcare, schooling, and housing. No one is forcing you to spend your money or have kids. Thinking that because you are American you deserve tens of millions of dollars of taxpayer money is just ridiculous.

Well I have to give you credit, you know who the target is. With me being a right leaning independent now, I dont know what would work. I do know we have a major problem with not millionares (heck I know of a few and they dont impress me) but billionares. But the way this country is going right now I think, to far to the left. We have way to many people giving up and it is easier for them to get on the government dole then trying. < hope that make sense. It always seems to me their is only in the end game two choices in life.....Either rich dictators/politicians (example the old soviet union, Sadam,hugo...) or rich countrymen. No middle ground. Unless you go way back to the American Indian way of days of the 1600's. Rome crashed and burned when the subjects became the servants you do know? just a thought.

So? Spend your money however you want. You don't want to spend all your money on healthcare, schooling, and housing then don't spend it on healthcare, schooling, and housing. No one is forcing you to spend your money or have kids. Thinking that because you are American you deserve tens of millions of dollars of taxpayer money is just ridiculous.

What the hell? are you suggesting? people live in cardboard houses or something? Damn be realistic, all that leads to is more crime. Thats one thing the right cant figure out, the more poverty you have the more people become desperate and dont give a fuck about the law. Guess the rich is going to have to start building 20 foot walls topped with razor wire around their houses like in South Africa soon.

The terms "wealthy", "poor", "working class", "welfare class", etc., are simply matters of one's personal attitude.
You are only as wealthy or poor as you think you are or are bound to be. If you want to be dependent on welfare or other government social programs you get there easily. All you have to do is to sit on your ass and do nothing.
If you want to improve your lot in life you can do that too. It's a bit more difficult, yes. It requires the combination of education, will power and hard work.
But just because you might be born into a "poor" household that doesn't mean you have to stay there. The limits to your potential are restricted only by the limits to your own motivation.

But here is the sociopolitical deivide that is being nurtured, supported, and pushed by the current government. Those on the right look at the data and see that yes, lots of people start out 'poor' as has been the case of much of the history of the world. But before the government started paying people to be poor, in the U.S. classless free market system, people moved in and out of the ecoomic sub groups with great predictabliity. Few people who started out 'poor' remained poor. People receiving a windfall from some source one year might have been ranked among the super rich while in subsequent years they were returned to the middle group. People with great marketable ideas move out of the middle group into the rich realm with pretty consistent regularity and those of us who started out 'poor', moved into the middle group.

But the big government leftists don't see individual initiative, choice, work ethic, etc. as a factor. In their world, if the government doesn't do it for people, it doesn't happen. Unfortunately, because of the policies they then develop, their point of view becomes a self fulfilling philosophy. When you pay people to be poor, you are going to have a whole lot more poor. And the government then manipulates them and enjoys their vote to go after the rich in a dedicated effort to make them less rich.

Last edited:
That along with many others.

Tell me about the "many others".
If you think writing off a business expense is a subsidy that can, or should be, eliminated, I'm gonna have to laugh at your silly ass.

I gave you a link, if you don't know how to use a link, I'm afraid I'm going to have to laugh at your silly ass.

Google is your friend, use it.

Your link is retarded and not credible.

Don't project your personal situation on the links! :lol:

Forum List

Back