9 out of 10 Americans completely wrong

Much of life (if not most of it) is based on dumb luck and who your parents are.

Bullshit.

Your family structure has a lot to do with how successful you are in life

Want to bet on the prospects of a child born to a single mother against a child born to millionaires?

"Family structure"...Yep...And no one is to blame except the people that create that structure.
This is where you libs hit a wall.
You blame the family structure for poverty. Yet when challenged to address for example the illegitimacy rate among blacks being over 70%, suddenly the aspect of family as it relates to financial well being, is no longer applicable.
Yes, family structure and other factors giver certain people an advantage. The question is, what are you going to do to change it? Random kid swapping? Or how about we reinstitute busing. Only this time not for school attendance location, but to ensure "Alastair" has to go live in poverty while Nekeesha gets to head to the other side of the tracks with the Blue Bloods....
You libs are a miracle. You bitch and moan. You create causes and crises. And at the end of it all, you go right back to doing whatever it is you do. Nothing.

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact - YouTube

Check out this video. What we believe is reality in wealth distribution isn't even close. The top 1% own 40% of the nations wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% of our nations wealth. 7%!

I don't understand how anyone can defend this.

Define "wealth" as you use the term

And wealth is not a zero sum game if you increase your wealth that does not mean someone else loses theirs.

Interesting. That is the way it should be. However, as pointed out in the video, the very wealthy have vastly increased their wealth, while the rest of us have just barely maintained where we are at, or have actually seen our wealth diminish. Wages have essentially been stagnant for 30 years. If you wanted to increase your income, you either found a job with a great deal of overtime, or changed careers.

What the video shows is and indefensible concentration of wealth that is poison for this nation.

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact - YouTube

Check out this video. What we believe is reality in wealth distribution isn't even close. The top 1% own 40% of the nations wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% of our nations wealth. 7%!

And wealth is not a zero sum game if you increase your wealth that does not mean someone else loses theirs.

Interesting. That is the way it should be. However, as pointed out in the video, the very wealthy have vastly increased their wealth, while the rest of us have just barely maintained where we are at, or have actually seen our wealth diminish. Wages have essentially been stagnant for 30 years. If you wanted to increase your income, you either found a job with a great deal of overtime, or changed careers.

What the video shows is and indefensible concentration of wealth that is poison for this nation.

If you haven't increased your net worth (the only reasonable measure of wealth} whose fault is that?

The answer is: yours.

No one is stopping you from increasing your net worth. Period.

Bullshit.

Your family structure has a lot to do with how successful you are in life

Want to bet on the prospects of a child born to a single mother against a child born to millionaires?

"Family structure"...Yep...And no one is to blame except the people that create that structure.
This is where you libs hit a wall.
You blame the family structure for poverty. Yet when challenged to address for example the illegitimacy rate among blacks being over 70%, suddenly the aspect of family as it relates to financial well being, is no longer applicable.
Yes, family structure and other factors giver certain people an advantage. The question is, what are you going to do to change it? Random kid swapping? Or how about we reinstitute busing. Only this time not for school attendance location, but to ensure "Alastair" has to go live in poverty while Nekeesha gets to head to the other side of the tracks with the Blue Bloods....
You libs are a miracle. You bitch and moan. You create causes and crises. And at the end of it all, you go right back to doing whatever it is you do. Nothing.

I can look at dozens of people I know, including myself, who received little or nothing, except perhaps a work ethic, from our families when we started out in abject poverty and dug ourselves out.

But, after digging ourselves out, my husband and I were able to give our own children some benefit of what we had accomplished and they did have a leg up that our families could not or did not do for us. (His family couldn't. My family didn't.) There is nothing wrong with that. If those who work, earn, achieve, succeed are not free to bless and benefit their children, then what freedoms do we have?

There are many many people who for whatever reason must raise their children alone and do a wonderful job of it. But they tend to be the exception rather than the rule. Single parenthood is the single greatest reason for child poverty in the USA and the single more prevvalent factor in child abuse and neglect. And yet it is not only subsidized, but is encouraged by the federal government.

Don't blame the rich for the poor existing in such large numbers when we have a government that rewards poor choices, under achievement, and single parents while it frequently punishes better choices, achievement, success, and the traditional family.

It seems to me the better policy is not to despise the rich and believe we would be better off if they were less rich, but to look at ways to encourage those who are not rich to become rich.

Iam's broken record.....but here I go again:
When it comes to being consumers - American's are the most clueless, self-centered and hypocritical people on the planet. Every time you choose where to shop by who has the cheaper prices, every time you choose a product based primarily on price alone - this is the result.
30 years ago a few grocery giants began building large 'super center' grocery stores. Prices were lower, and larger bulk sizes were offered that small stores couldn't get. American's flocked to these stores.
Within 10 years, family owned grocery stores all but disappeared.
Same with hardware stores.
Same with lawn and garden stores.
Same with shoe stores.
Same with et. etc. etc.
Americans do NOT support local businesses.
So it should be no surprise that corporatism rapidly took over nearly every retail business that existed.

Spot on.

And I have traveled. It really is true that the poorest Americans live better than the richest citizens of other countries. There are many places where you would be considered uber wealthy if you live in a 3 bedroom brick home. This country is about commerce. America's laws favor commerce. If you are not good at commerce, or figuring a way around commerce, you won't move up the economic ladder. And you certainly won't if you choose to be at perpetual rest and live on only what is provided to give you a subsistence level of living. A certain configuratioin might be equal, but based on what you are willing to contribute and how hard you are willing to work to make your mark on life, equal may not be fair. Even communist China is shedding its equality model one yuan at a time..

Not sure I understand the math. 80% and 40% is 120%. :confused:

Well...moron...if reading comprehension was your strong suit...you'd notice that the 40% refers to how much WEALTH 1% of our POPULATION holds. The 80% refers to the extremely chunk of our POPULATION that holds just 7% of our nation's WEALTH.

So...the rest of our POPULATION(19%), holds the remainder(53%) of the WEALTH. If you ADD IT ALL UP....20% of our POPULATION holds 93% of the WEALTH.

That along with many others. I can't believe how uninformed most conservatives are, or pretend to be.

Corporate Welfare | OurFuture.org

That along with many others.

Tell me about the "many others".
If you think writing off a business expense is a subsidy that can, or should be, eliminated, I'm gonna have to laugh at your silly ass.

I gave you a link, if you don't know how to use a link, I'm afraid I'm going to have to laugh at your silly ass.

Google is your friend, use it.

Your link is retarded and not credible.

That along with many others. I can't believe how uninformed most conservatives are, or pretend to be.

Corporate Welfare | OurFuture.org

That along with many others.

Tell me about the "many others".
If you think writing off a business expense is a subsidy that can, or should be, eliminated, I'm gonna have to laugh at your silly ass.

I gave you a link, if you don't know how to use a link, I'm afraid I'm going to have to laugh at your silly ass.

Mertex, here is the description of the group your link refers us to in their own words (emphasis mine):

We live in a remarkable political moment: precarious, yet potentially transforming. At the Campaign for America’s Future, our daily work is to bring about the progressive transformation.

After three decades of conservative dominance in American politics, we Americans are threatened with economic disintegration, environmental devastation and international
isolation.

The list of failure is simply exhausting: a disastrous Iraq occupation, a destabilized Middle East and Asia, the persistent threat of terrorism, a menacing climate crisis, an insecure and dwindling energy supply, unprecedented trade deficits, unchecked global corporate power, our broken health care system, a weakened pension system and an increasingly inaccessible higher education system.

But out of the ashes of this era of conservative failure comes an historic opportunity for progressives to salvage the American Ideal and shape this young century.

Perhaps you can find a source that is just a tad less biased and self serving? Would you accept information from a site citing an era of progressive and/or liberal failure?

Last edited:

I Googled, silly liberal claims, and saw 16.9 million results.
If you want to discuss something specific, assuming it's not as stupid as, "writing off business expenses is a subsidy", go for it.
If you expect me to search thru your left-wing link to figure out your point, I'm still laughing.

Ha,ha, I don't really give a rat's ass if you want to remain ignorant. You asked the stupid question and I provided articles/links, it's no sweat of my back if you don' want to look them up. You were the one that asked the stupid question, so I supposed you wanted an answer. Silly me, conservatives can't handle the truth, ignorance is bliss.
Project much?

And I have traveled. It really is true that the poorest Americans live better than the richest citizens of other countries. There are many places where you would be considered uber wealthy if you live in a 3 bedroom brick home.
You may have travelled outside the USA, but apparently you have not travelled much within the USA.

Many Americans live in third-world shacks -- or worse !!

Many foreigners who travel in the USA comment on how strange it is that such a rich country has so much poverty.

If you haven't increased your net worth (the only reasonable measure of wealth} whose fault is that?

The answer is: yours.

No one is stopping you from increasing your net worth. Period.
Well, those infantile statements certainly deserve to be called palaeolithic economics.

Perhaps they are even more simplistic and archaic than that.

Neanderthal economics?.....Australopithecine economics?

And I have traveled. It really is true that the poorest Americans live better than the richest citizens of other countries. There are many places where you would be considered uber wealthy if you live in a 3 bedroom brick home.
You may have travelled outside the USA, but apparently you have not travelled much within the USA.

Many Americans live in third-world shacks -- or worse !!

Many foreigners who travel in the USA comment on how strange it is that such a rich country has so much poverty.

Where? in the rust belts like detroit? or the shacks in mississippi? be more specific please... And I know with Japeneese maps they warn their citizens to stay away from certain parts of Chicago.. I saw those maps.

I Googled, silly liberal claims, and saw 16.9 million results.
If you want to discuss something specific, assuming it's not as stupid as, "writing off business expenses is a subsidy", go for it.
If you expect me to search thru your left-wing link to figure out your point, I'm still laughing.

Ha,ha, I don't really give a rat's ass if you want to remain ignorant. You asked the stupid question and I provided articles/links, it's no sweat of my back if you don' want to look them up. You were the one that asked the stupid question, so I supposed you wanted an answer. Silly me, conservatives can't handle the truth, ignorance is bliss.

You asked the stupid question

You're right, asking you to prove your silly claim was stupid.

ignorance is bliss

You would know, you're the happiest one here.

'

If ignorance were bliss, there should be a lot more happy people around.

This is a DEAD issue.
Not one of you lefties will discuss the following.
When a person gets an increase in pay. Or when a person becomes wealthy from inheritance, lottery winnings, investments, in what way does it affect YOU?
Your side despises wealth because you either believe it's unfair. Or it doesn't look right. Or "Why should that guy get to have that big house. I work hard too. Where's MINE?!!!!"

This is a DEAD issue.
Not one of you lefties will discuss the following.
When a person gets an increase in pay. Or when a person becomes wealthy from inheritance, lottery winnings, investments, in what way does it affect YOU?
Your side despises wealth because you either believe it's unfair. Or it doesn't look right. Or "Why should that guy get to have that big house. I work hard too. Where's MINE?!!!!"

It's not an issue of one person getting rich

It's an issue of 400 Americans having more wealth than half the country combined ......that affects the country

Heck no. Hell no. Never... I've never been out of work, not one day, and I don't plan on ever being out of work. I've never collected a dime of government checks and I don't plan on ever having to either. That said, I've paid millions into the system....

The problem with the self-made man is that he worships his creator.

The problem with you is you whine and bitch use 50 cent words. Yet you offer NO ideas.
You sit at your computer and complain.
All of you libs are complainers. You question everything. And stand for nothing.

So you marginalize peoples' accomplishments by calling then dumb luck?

I can give you plenty of examples of people born poor, to single mothers etc who are by all accounts successful.

They became successful because they chose to be and they worked for it, sacrificed and did what others would not do and you want to call it luck.

Once again conservatives fall back on single instances to prove theories. Look at the population as a whole and tell me what percentage of children from single mothers become millionaires compared to those born to wealth

I bet that single mom who became successful probably had someone helping them, either extended family or friends.

Some single mothers are barely making enough money to pay childcare and housing, don't have the luxury of free baby sitting, (and the cost of child care is high) to be able to go to college and better their situation, or start a business. There's no way to climb out of that type of hole without outside help, but you can't make some people understand that. Yet, these same people seem to think it's okay to allow corporations to get subsidies and tax breaks that allow them to pay their CEO enormous salaries and bonuses! Go figure!
MIxed bag of nuts.
The problems with social programs have many facets.
There are so many people gaming the system.
There are far too many government workers who's livelihood depends solely on creation of dependency.
The amount of waste fraud and abuse is monumental.
The sheer cost to administer these programs gobbles up more than half the total budget.
Social programs have been taken over by the liberal wing of the democrat party. They have changed them from a "hand up" to a "hand out".
Finally, the administration of these programs has made it comfortable to live off the public dole.

Forum List

Back