90-year-old World War II Navy veteran blasts Speaker Boner

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
90-year-old World War II Navy veteran.

Wow! When veterans attack
By Jonathan Capehart, *Published: MONDAY, OCTOBER 14, 10:26 AM ET

This 90-year-old World War II Navy veteran's reply to Republican House Speaker Boner:

I was in six epic battles, fighting the Nazis..... Your shutdown is not an epic battle. It's bad governance. Americans and American Veterans like me depend on the entire government being open. I served this nation with honor. Today, I can't say the same about most Republicans in Congress.

Wow!

Last edited:
The guy was right in everything he said.

The only problem with all that is that he omitted mention of Democrat culpability as well.

It would be nice if it was just him speaking.
It's a political left wing action organization.
The Vets Action Fund who endorses Democrats.
He is speaking out against republicans so that they can raise funding for Democrats in 2014& 16.

[MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION]

The only problem with all that is that he omitted mention of Democrat culpability as well.

Fool, the Democrats are NOT holding funding of the government hostage to cuts/elimination of the PPACA/Obamacare

Last edited:

Fool, the Democrats are NOT holding funding of the government hostage to cuts/elimination of the PPACA/Obamacare

That's exactly what they are doing. They refuse to compromise on anything. Obviously six years ago they were singing a different tune which just proves politicians are a joke no matter what party they belong to. This country needs to start over with the people that represent them.

Partisan fool... I did not say that the Democrats' culpability involved holding government hostage to cuts/elimination of the PPACA/Obamacare.

I perceive them to be culpable in other ways that I did not specify at the time of my original post.

Specifically, creating conditions that drove the Pubs to one of those extremely rare demonstrations of the Power of the Purse, granted to the House in the Constitution.

Never mind the total arrogance and intransigence of the Democrat side of the aisle.

There is sufficient blame on both sides of the aisle to go around.

Anyone who naively believes otherwise is, quite possibly, both a fool AND a partisan hack.

Last edited:

Partisan fool... I did not say that the Democrats' culpability involved holding government hostage to cuts/elimination of the PPACA/Obamacare.

I perceive them to be culpable in other ways that I did not specify at the time of my original post.

Specifically, creating conditions that drove the Pubs to one of those extremely rare demonstrations of the Power of the Purse, granted to the House in the Constitution.

Never mind the total arrogance and intransigence of the Democrat side of the aisle.

There is sufficient blame on both sides of the aisle to go around.

Anyone who naively believes otherwise is, quite possibly, both a fool AND a partisan hack.

Since when is it somehow immoral, unethical, undemocratic for one party to control both houses of tge US Congress; hold the Presidency, and pass a law and have a conservative US Supreme Court hold it to be constitutional....

Oh never mind. You remind me of imbeciles who think having an open mind is equivalent to having an empty mind.

yeah ok, and 100's of others blasted Obama yesterday

so now what?

one or HUNDREDS?

"...Since when is it somehow immoral, unethical, undemocratic for one party to control both houses of tge US Congress; hold the Presidency, and pass a law and have a conservative US Supreme Court hold it to be constitutional..."

I said nothing about morals nor ethics nor democratic processes nor constitutionality.

These are all your own flawed interpretations and spin-doctoring and nothing to do with me.

"...Oh never mind. You remind me of imbeciles who think having an open mind is equivalent to having an empty mind."

Taking up a position contrary to your own - in whole or in part - does not constitute having a closed mind, nor is it indicative of imbecility.

Amateurish, juvenile attempts to put words into other people's mouths, and launching into unprovoked ad hominem attacks at the first sign of disagreement, however...

Last edited:

That's exactly what they are doing. They refuse to compromise on anything. Obviously six years ago they were singing a different tune which just proves politicians are a joke no matter what party they belong to. This country needs to start over with the people that represent them.
Does Congress have a Reset Button?
wink_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Forum List

Back