Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
MANSFIELD, LA (KSLA) -Shelves in Walmart stores in Springhill and Mansfield, LA were reportedly cleared Saturday night, when the stores allowed purchases on EBT cards even though they were not showing limits.Additional LinksComputer issue, not government shutdown, likely cause of EBT card failuresThe chaos that followed ultimately required intervention from local police, and left behind numerous carts filled to overflowing, apparently abandoned when the glitch-spurred shopping frenzy ended.Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd confirms they were called in to help the employees at Walmart because there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Walmart was so packed, "It was worse than any black Friday" that he's ever seen.Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Walmart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700.00 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Walmart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left."Just about everything is gone, I've never seen it in that condition," said Mansfield Walmart customer Anthony Fuller.

Kayla Whaling, a spokesperson for Walmart, tells KSLA News 12 that the company was "fully engaged and monitoring the situation and transactions during the outage."

"We did make the decision to continue to accept EBT cards (and purchases on WIC and SNAP) during the outage so that they could get food for their families."

Asked whether Walmart would be taking the loss on any food purchased on the cards that did not show limits, or on the perishable food left behind in carts, Whaling would only say that "we monitored transactions during the outage."

Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Res ipsa loquitur!

Too bad Wal Mart doesn't want to press charges! I certainly do. They have wasted our money. Gluttons.

Last edited:
The govt will have a record of who went over their limits (even though the cards didn't show a limit) and should deduct if from future EBT allotments.

The govt will have a record of who went over their limits (even though the cards didn't show a limit) and should deduct if from future EBT allotments.

But we all know they won't because of the 'cheeeeeeldrin.' :rolleyes:

Nope, no fraud there. Move along, citizens, move along.

They knew damn well what they were doing. I have been in stores and heard them getting the cards checked to see how much they have on them. They knew. It was 5 o'clock feeding at the reptile house.

They knew damn well what they were doing. I have been in stores and heard them getting the cards checked to see how much they have on them. They knew. It was 5 o'clock feeding at the reptile house.
Of course they knew. I hope the state presses charges...but they probably won't.

Natives on the rampage, prolly thought that obama gave them no limit ebt cards

Last edited:
and their updated cards should reflect these charges as a deficit. being given an entitlement doesn't remove you from responsibility and put you above the law.

and their updated cards should reflect these charges as a deficit. being given an entitlement doesn't remove you from responsibility and put you above the law.

You know if they did THAT it would hurt the 'cheeeeeldrin.'

Of course they knew. I hope the state presses charges...but they probably won't.

Of course they won't. The taxpayers will have to eat this one. I bet they had one hell of a block party in the projects.

what does that mean klangrl? You doing a blackface impersonation? :eusa_eh: :eusa_doh: Why don't you just put your hate thread where it belongs :up: the racism sub- forum.

Better yet, go to stormfront, where you belong, & leave the adults here alone. :thup:

i think the only hate people are feeling is even more abuse of an already overly abused system.

what does that mean klangrl? You doing a blackface impersonation? :eusa_eh: :eusa_doh: Why don't you just put your hate thread where it belongs :up: the racism sub- forum.

Better yet, go to stormfront, where you belong, & leave the adults here alone. :thup:

i think the only hate people are feeling is even more abuse of an already overly abused system.

yes but klangrl (Sunshine) alludes to blacks on purpose because thats the racist piece of shit she is when the majority of people on public assistance are whites. Many of them single white mothers but that doesn't fit her racist meme.

HAHAHA. The board notes all you have is namecalling. Even you know what these deadbeats did is pure stealing and indefensible.

praz da lard da messiah haz gives us a miracle,I cans gets meh sum new flatz screenTV for meh trailer.Alalooya!

Last edited:

yes but klangrl (Sunshine) alludes to blacks on purpose because thats the racist piece of shit she is when the majority of people on public assistance are whites. Many of them single white mothers but that doesn't fit her racist meme.

I was a single mother from the time my children were 9 and 11, and I never drew one cent in welfare or food stamps. So shove it up your ass. And further, blacks don't say 'cheeeeeldrin.' They say 'chirrens.' Shows how many times you've ever left your little white world.

Better yet, go to stormfront, where you belong, & leave the adults here alone. :fu:

There was absolutely nothing racist about that, you retard.

I was a single mother from the time my children were 9 and 11, and I never drew one cent in welfare or food stamps. So shove it up your ass. And further, blacks don't say 'cheeeeeldrin.' They say 'chirrens.'

anecdotal evidence and $1.83 will get you a cup of coffee klangrl. :thup:

Go to stormfront. USMB doesn't need white supremacist idiots like you.

Really?

You racistly assume that the only people that live in public housing are blacks.

Looks like you're the racist here.

HAHAHA. The board notes all you have is namecalling. Even you know what these deadbeats did is pure stealing and indefensible.

Dot Com has never been out of his little white neighborhood long enough to talk to any blacks. He has no idea what they call their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back