91 Million Armed American Civilians Makes Me Feel Damned Good

Why do we have to wait for that? We shouldn't have to prove they aren't fit to have a gun, they should prove that they have.

The thing is, when one of these guys goes on a Spontaneous Expression of Second Amendment Rights (AKA A mass shooting Spree), we usually find out that EVERYONE in their lives knew they were nuts.

We found out Omar Mateen -

1) Had made terrorist threats against his coworkers.
2) Had been investigated by the FBI three times.
3) Had a dad who was a supporter of the Taliban
4) Had beaten his wife
5) Had expressed support for ISIS

And yet despite all that, they couldn't stop this guy from getting an AR-15 because, gosh darn it, he had a constitutional right!!!!

That's fucking crazy.

Can you point out anyone who died because I said mean things to them?

Anyone?

33,000 people a year die from gun violence. Because some idiots have mistaken a badly written Militia Amendment for a right to own weapons.

Obviously he was not prosecuted for it.

Investigated? Any evidence that they found criminal activity?

So he should be convicted for his father's crimes?

4) Had beaten his wife
Obviously no one called the cops. If they had, the cops would have taken him to jail. And a conviction of domestic abuse means you can't buy a gun.

When did he do that? The night he killed people?

It was not a badly written anything. It was a guarantee that the people could always have a means to reject a tyrannical gov't.
Who gets to decide if the govt. is tyrannical?

Those being subjected to the tyranny.
That`s a non answer Con65. Anyway I believe our founders wanted us to vote politicians out of office, not murder them.

Until the politicians refused to leave when unelected...then the 2nd kicks in........read them sometime......
Come join us in the real world if you can. Are people stockpiling guns in anticipation that their Senator, Congressman/woman won`t leave when their terms are finished? That`s truly idiotic.

And you base this on what?? What sort of science is involved in your claim?

Posted it earlier in the thread. Gun owners are less than 22% of the population.

Batshit crazy Guns nuts are a smaller percentage than that. Sadly, we've let you dominate the conversation too much.

There is no way to accurately say how many people own guns since most firearms do not have to be registered.

These estimates rely on surveys and there is no way to check the veracity of the answers.

I know that when I get asked if I own guns I say "No." Most of my friends who own guns say they do the same thing
I don't refuse to answer the question as that would most likely get put down as a yes by the survey takers
Why? Are you a felon, a DV offender? On probation? Are your friends, as well?

I'm not a felon, a dv offender, on probation, etc. To my knowledge, none of my friends are either. However, when someone on a survey asks me questions I choose not to answer, it comes under the none of your fucking business category.

Whether or not I own guns comes under the same mindset when people tell me it's none of my business whether or not a woman has an abortion.
So Skull Pilot is your sock?

Is that what you think? Prove it because I don't believe one word you say, bitch.

Obviously he was not prosecuted for it.

Investigated? Any evidence that they found criminal activity?

So he should be convicted for his father's crimes?

4) Had beaten his wife
Obviously no one called the cops. If they had, the cops would have taken him to jail. And a conviction of domestic abuse means you can't buy a gun.

When did he do that? The night he killed people?

It was not a badly written anything. It was a guarantee that the people could always have a means to reject a tyrannical gov't.
Who gets to decide if the govt. is tyrannical?

Those being subjected to the tyranny.
That`s a non answer Con65. Anyway I believe our founders wanted us to vote politicians out of office, not murder them.

Until the politicians refused to leave when unelected...then the 2nd kicks in........read them sometime......
Come join us in the real world if you can. Are people stockpiling guns in anticipation that their Senator, Congressman/woman won`t leave when their terms are finished? That`s truly idiotic.

Is murderous government around the corner? No. Is it impossible to have here in the future? no. If you want to hurry it up...disarm people.....Mexico has the gun laws you want....and their police and military murder 10s of thousands of their citizens every single year.....

You must believe that history has no meaning....

No, what I'm saying is that a lot of those people saying their gun had been "stolen" had probably transferred it illegally. 75% of the traces found the original owner said the gun had been stolen, but the majority were not reported to police. Now, why would that be? If one of your guns were stolen, wouldn't you report it? Why wouldn't you?
I can't prove it would make it a difference unless it is tried, but if you were held responsible for a gun that left your possession without following the law, wouldn't you be more careful?

So we can hold a person liable if someone steals their car, drives drunk, and kills someone?

Criminal liability has to follow an act, and a desire to cause said act. Someone who has their gun stolen and doesn't report it doesn't have the desire for someone to go out and kill someone else with their stolen gun.

By Joey's logic, you should be able to prosecute the car dealer that sold you the car, if you use it to kill someone.

Ever notice all the hate the anti gunners show to the people who didn't use the gun to commit the crime.....? They want to just smash them......and only think of the actual trigger pullers as an after thought......they are really messed up in the head.....

They chastise someone like me that had a gun stolen from his LOCKED car that was sitting on PRIVATE PROPERTY. However, they say nothing about the thief that unlawfully went into that LOCKED car, while it was on PRIVATE PROPERTY, and took something that DIDN'T belong to him/her. Somehow they consider it my fault for not breaking the law and give a pass to the person that did, all the while, thinking background checks will stop things like that.
I wasn't chastising you for having a gun stolen. You reported it. That is what everyone should do. What is wrong with your reading skills?

Should do? According to whom, you? Who the fuck are you bitch to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do?

You people telling me I can't have a certain gun or magazine because some other person may use that gun or that size magazine to commit murder is no different than me telling you that you can't own a car or drive because some other person might drive while under the influence

Yes, that's what I'd like to see. I'd also like to see all the Mormons sent to a Cult Deprogramming Camp, but heck, I'm willing to be reasonable, unlike you guys.

You know, guys who apparently think that someone who can't get on an airliner because the FBI thinks he might be a terrorist, but he's totally free to buy an AR-15 and a 100 round clip like Joker Holmes and Omar Mateen did.

The problem is YOU want to define reasonable.

No. The problem is that *you* don't think anything is reasonable

We have thousands of reasonable gun laws on the books already

well, not in all states. which is why guns come from the south up into NYC

the system of background checks should be good enough to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, crazies, abusers and people on the terrorist watch list.

and perhaps the way to view it is this.... about 90% of the people in this country agree on the above parameters. should they be thwarted because the NRA gives money to the people responsible for the governance of our country?

You do realize that the Orlando Night club shooter, the guy who murdered 49 men....whose father supports hilary clinton.......went through 3 background checks....one for his work as a security guard......one, 10 month deep investigation by the FBI......and one for each gun he purchased.....plus he had 3 interviews with 3 trained FBI interrogators......and they still gave him a pass...

How much more rigorous do you want background checks to be?

Criminals can't pass background checks...so they use people who can pass background checks....right now, for federal background checks..that is how they are getting guns to New York....so what will you do to improve background checks for people who can pass them already?

the 90% are uniformed on the issue..they take people like you for their word, not realizing that what you really want is gun registration like in Germany, Britain and Australia, which will then allow you to ban and confiscate guns at a later date.......

so much stupid in that post its comical.

what on earth does who the killer's father supports have to do with anything? my father is a republican. and??? idiot.

the rest of what you said is nonsense....

I want a background check rigorous enough to know who is on the terrorist watch list so that if they get a gun, the FBI and homeland security know about it.

I want gun laws rigorous enough to keep the guns from the southern states out of our state.

I want the controls that 90% of this country asked for and support..... without the obstruction of the NRA shills.

d'uh.

First show me anyone who walked out of a gun store with a machine gun and 100 round clip.

Second, did he seem "clearly disturbed" in the gun store? Or was that just later?

Third, as I have asked before, is this what he looked like in the gun store?

Good point. We should have all gun sales videotaped. If you can't produce a videotape of the gun sale, it's assumed you did something wrong when you sold it to him, and OFF TO PRISON YOU GO, BUDDY!!!!

Tell you what you mandate that every car has to have a breathalyzer ignition lock out and that everyone must retrofit all existing cars on the road because obviously if a person drives drunk the people who don't drive drunk are responsible for it

I'd have no problem making breathalizyers standard equipment on cars.

Thing is, if we banned all cars tomorrow, our economy would collapse.

If we banned all guns tomorrow.... the only people who'd know the difference are the gun nuts contending with their tiny dicks.

You do realize that the Orlando Night club shooter, the guy who murdered 49 men....whose father supports hilary clinton.......went through 3 background checks....one for his work as a security guard......one, 10 month deep investigation by the FBI......and one for each gun he purchased.....plus he had 3 interviews with 3 trained FBI interrogators......and they still gave him a pass...

Then those FBI agents should be fired. Tomorrow. GROSS INCOMPETENCE should be stamped on their files.

And we keep firing people until they do it right.

Let's clarify things a bit. By definition, a "machine gun" continues to fire as long as you hold the trigger back and have ammo.

If the gun cannot do that, it is not a machine gun. You could say "as far as I am concerned, a horse is a fish". But it doesn't change the facts of what a horse is.

Yawn, guy, Mateen was able to kill 49 people with his machine gun. Joker holmes killed 17 and wounded another 50 before his jammed.

Looks like that horse is a pretty good swimmer.

sorry moron....the people who answered that poll don't know the issue.....lying to people about the issue, and then asking them a question isn't an accruate poll.....keep lying though....you aren't good at it...but you might get better with practice....

Actually, it's kind of the oppossite. The reason that most people don't push for tougher gun laws is they don't know how loose the gun laws are in this country.

For instance, if you told most Americans, "Hey, did you know people on the No Fly list can still buy guns", they'd look at you like you were crazy.

The problem is YOU want to define reasonable.

No. The problem is that *you* don't think anything is reasonable

We have thousands of reasonable gun laws on the books already

well, not in all states. which is why guns come from the south up into NYC

the system of background checks should be good enough to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, crazies, abusers and people on the terrorist watch list.

and perhaps the way to view it is this.... about 90% of the people in this country agree on the above parameters. should they be thwarted because the NRA gives money to the people responsible for the governance of our country?

Criminals can't pass background checks...so they use people who can pass background checks....right now, for federal background checks..that is how they are getting guns to New York....so what will you do to improve background checks for people who can pass them already?

the 90% are uniformed on the issue..they take people like you for their word, not realizing that what you really want is gun registration like in Germany, Britain and Australia, which will then allow you to ban and confiscate guns at a later date.......

so much stupid in that post its comical.

what on earth does who the killer's father supports have to do with anything? my father is a republican. and??? idiot.

the rest of what you said is nonsense....

I want a background check rigorous enough to know who is on the terrorist watch list so that if they get a gun, the FBI and homeland security know about it.

I want gun laws rigorous enough to keep the guns from the southern states out of our state.

I want the controls that 90% of this country asked for and support..... without the obstruction of the NRA shills.

d'uh.

I would be disappointed if my daughters turned out to be Liberals. They were taught better.

Mine taught me at a young age that when you want something, you have two options. Shit in one hand, want in the other, and see which one fills up quicker. All that means is you don't necessarily get what you want.

As far as that 90%, apply the if you don't want one don't get one mindset those of us that aren't women are told to apply when it comes to abortions.

sorry moron....the people who answered that poll don't know the issue.....lying to people about the issue, and then asking them a question isn't an accruate poll.....keep lying though....you aren't good at it...but you might get better with practice....

Actually, it's kind of the oppossite. The reason that most people don't push for tougher gun laws is they don't know how loose the gun laws are in this country.

For instance, if you told most Americans, "Hey, did you know people on the No Fly list can still buy guns", they'd look at you like you were crazy.

If someone told me people that say something should be done a certain way but won't do a damn thing themselves about it, I'd think of you.

then they are incredibly murder free........here are the actual numbers of mass public shootings with rifles that are not machine guns.....

Guy, you can spooge numbers all you like.

These weapons were designed for battlefields... not schools, theatres or night clubs.

I've already shown another one of you idiots that the guns used in the 2nd deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history weren't the kind you say people have to have in order to have mass shootings.

Forum List

Back