9th Circuit Says Medical Marijuana Cardholders Have No Second Amendment Rights

It's irrelevant. A cannabis user, medical or not, isn't going to want to kill stuff anyway. That's kind of why it's illegal. We're a culture that worships violence; we can't have non-killers walking around.

I mean, where would that lead? Peace and pursuit of happiness and stuff? BOR-ing...

Nope...we don't worship violence....

:eusa_doh: Of course we don't. I can't imagine what I was thinking.

toyguns11-300x279.jpg
QDRAv7v4LSCfZgz3GIbOSz8Zj8rWqeeYuqqYiqyQXkxRJwG7vvUltzsFaWK5D7-JMnIZ=w300
jnBM5.jpg
216570a.jpg

Why, we're just a flower-sniffing peacenik populace that make a Buddhist monk look like Charles Freaking Manson. :eusa_angel:

democrat social policy has created fatherless homes and those boys have no role models...then they turn to crime and violence because they have had no one teach them how to be men.....

Had no idea "democrats" [sic] have been in charge of social policy all this time.
Ya learn sump'm on this site every day.

No, it's the guns. The left tells us that all the time.

IMO just having a card isn't enough there must be an actual federal drug conviction or a state conviction of being under the influence while in possession of a firearm for second amendment rights to be nullified.
That's not what the law says,, and that's not the question asked on the 4473.

Well the law is fucked up.

It is not a crime to merely have a pot card.

It IS a crime to be under the influence of any drug including alcohol while in the possession of a gun.

This is just like the no fly no buy bullshit where people who have done absolutely nothing illegal can get their rights restricted.

And right now the feds are not prosecuting pot crimes in states that have legalized it so they are in fact saying it's not illegal

It's irrelevant. A cannabis user, medical or not, isn't going to want to kill stuff anyway. That's kind of why it's illegal. We're a culture that worships violence; we can't have non-killers walking around.

I mean, where would that lead? Peace and pursuit of happiness and stuff? BOR-ing...

toyguns11-300x279.jpg
jnBM5.jpg
216570a.jpg

Why, we're just a flower-sniffing peacenik populace that make a Buddhist monk look like Charles Freaking Manson. :eusa_angel:

democrat social policy has created fatherless homes and those boys have no role models...then they turn to crime and violence because they have had no one teach them how to be men.....

Had no idea "democrats" [sic] have been in charge of social policy all this time.

Do dey. Link?

How come you cut Rambo out?

toyguns11-300x279.jpg
jnBM5.jpg
216570a.jpg

Do dey. Link?

Here's your link idiot:

www.usmessageboard.com

I imagine this has you Leftists in a quandary. You hate the 2nd Amendment but you love drugs and while you deny the clear constitutional right to have guns, you're sure there's a constitutional right to get baked. A decision like this must have you twats tied in a pretzel.

Wrong, I have just as much right to a gun as I have to be baked. You're the one that don't want me to be baked.
You don't have the right to be baked and felons have no right to guns.

No right to be "baked" huh?

Diga me Tonto --- on what basis does the government have the right to ban a plant --- part of Nature, "God's creation" --- that has been used by humans for seven thousand years? Hm?
I forgot that government has only a 6000 year limit when banning practices. I guess they have to legalize murder, robbery, and prostitution too according to your convoluted logic.

Nope. All of those have what we call "victims"

Aye --- there's the rub.
Drugs has victims too. You druggie losers delude yourselves.

toyguns11-300x279.jpg
jnBM5.jpg
216570a.jpg

Do dey. Link?

Here's your link idiot:

www.usmessageboard.com
He mistakes being a link nazi with actual intelligence. I shove it right back in his face too.

IMO just having a card isn't enough there must be an actual federal drug conviction or a state conviction of being under the influence while in possession of a firearm for second amendment rights to be nullified.

Just because a guy has a pot card issued by a doctor does not mean he will be high while in possession of a gun
Yes, potheads are so responsible they can be trusted not to have a gun while they're baked out of their scooby dooby minds.

Because of course they never drive that way either.

toyguns11-300x279.jpg
jnBM5.jpg
216570a.jpg

Do dey. Link?

Here's your link idiot:

www.usmessageboard.com
He mistakes being a link nazi with actual intelligence. I shove it right back in his face too.

And you lost. Every time. As did this other poster who just forfeited.
Thanks for the low hanging fruit. Burp.

Wrong, I have just as much right to a gun as I have to be baked. You're the one that don't want me to be baked.

Diga me Tonto --- on what basis does the government have the right to ban a plant --- part of Nature, "God's creation" --- that has been used by humans for seven thousand years? Hm?
I forgot that government has only a 6000 year limit when banning practices. I guess they have to legalize murder, robbery, and prostitution too according to your convoluted logic.

Aye --- there's the rub.

Ah but we're not talking about "drugs". We're talking about cannabis.

Aye --- there's the rub.

That's a drug, Willie Nelson.

toyguns11-300x279.jpg
jnBM5.jpg
216570a.jpg

Do dey. Link?

Here's your link idiot:

www.usmessageboard.com

And you lost. Every time. As did this other poster who just forfeited.
Thanks for the low hanging fruit. Burp.
In your mind, I'm sure you win them all.

Aye --- there's the rub.

No, it's a plant, Harry Anslinger.

That's why I deliberately described it as such above.

Aye --- there's the rub.

Drugs come from plants, Flowers For Algernon.

Aye --- there's the rub.

Drugs come from what a drug company synthesizes, Peewee Herman. Herbs come from plants.
Cannabis has been used since waaaaaaaaaaaay before anybody came up with any kind of "drugs".

Drugs come from what a drug company synthesizes, Peewee Herman. Herbs come from plants.
Cannabis has been used since waaaaaaaaaaaay before anybody came up with "drugs".
Where do you think aspirin comes from, Farva? Cocain? Heroine?

Cannabis has been used since waaaaaaaaaaaay before anybody came up with "drugs".

Bayer, Beaver.

Aspirin is a drug.
Willow bark -- is not.

Easy, huh?

This isn’t a ‘gun rights’ issue, this is an issue the result of the conflict between Federal law which classifies marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act, and state laws which authorize the legal use of marijuana for medical purposes.

As a Schedule I controlled substance marijuana is considered to have no accepted medical use in the treatment of illness or symptoms of a given illness, incapacity, or disability.

Consequently, this isn’t a matter for the courts, it is an issue that needs to be resolved through the political/legislative process, where citizens should compel Congress to amend Federal drug laws to no longer designate marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance.

The 9th Circuit’s ruling is therefore perfectly appropriate, warranted, and consistent with Federal drug enforcement policy, where had the court sought to ignore Federal law in favor of Wilson, it would constitute judicial activism and legislating from the bench.

Link to the actual ruling for those interested in the facts, not subjective partisan spin and demagoguery.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2016/08/31/14-15700.pdf

Bayer, Beaver.

Aspirin is a drug.
Willow bark -- is not.

Easy, huh?
OMG that was stupid.

The 9th circuit is wrong on this one. Everyone has a right to the second amendment besides the extreme mentally ill.
I imagine this has you Leftists in a quandary. You hate the 2nd Amendment but you love drugs and while you deny the clear constitutional right to have guns, you're sure there's a constitutional right to get baked. A decision like this must have you twats tied in a pretzel.

You give Matty too much credit. You lost him at imagine.

Just because a guy has a pot card issued by a doctor does not mean he will be high while in possession of a gun
Yes, potheads are so responsible they can be trusted not to have a gun while they're baked out of their scooby dooby minds.

Because of course they never drive that way either.

Look until you actually get convicted of a crime your rights should never be restricted.

It's illegal to be drunk while in possession of a firearm but people do not get denied permits because they drink
It's the same thing with weed.

If a guy was caught carrying while under the influence of any drug THEN his permit can be revoked

Forum List

Back