A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging, prompting online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling

What was that description, anyway? That he was black?
So what? Why can’t we self police??some rural areas don’t have a lot of cops and don’t need them
Anyone else see the video? It's out on the internet now. Not surprising it's going to the grand jury now. They hunted him down, blocked his jogging path and forced the issue. 3 shots fired total while the father just stands in the back of the truck and watches.
Yeah, i saw the video. In that video i saw Ahmaud Arbery punching the son. This looks like self defense to me.

I see two guys with guns blocking the road. They can call it a citizens arrest all they want. But I already posted the definition of a citizens arrest in Georgia and this is not it. Ahmaud jogs to his right, back to his left, then back to his right to go around the truck and to avoid the son who is standing by the open door of the truck. When Ahmaud runs around the right side in an attempt to get away from these guys, the son clearly moves from his spot to the front of the truck to meet him. At this point they have him pinned in.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guys who are pointing guns at him and he has no idea what they are going to do. Ahmaud did not have any stolen property on him. At worst, he was looking through a window at a construction site that these two guys did not own. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

Last edited:
So what? Why can’t we self police??some rural areas don’t have a lot of cops and don’t need them
Anyone else see the video? It's out on the internet now. Not surprising it's going to the grand jury now. They hunted him down, blocked his jogging path and forced the issue. 3 shots fired total while the father just stands in the back of the truck and watches.
Yeah, i saw the video. In that video i saw Ahmaud Arbery punching the son. This looks like self defense to me.

I see two guys with guns blocking the road. They can call it a citizens arrest all they want. But I already posted the definition of a citizens arrest in Georgia and this is not it. Ahmaud jogs to his right, back to his left, then back to his right to go around the truck and to avoid the son who is standing by the open door of the truck. When Ahmaud runs around the right side in an attempt to get away from these guys, the son clearly moves from his spot to the front of the truck to meet him. At this point they have him pinned in.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guy who are pointing guns at him and have no idea what they are going to do. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy darted* around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guy who are pointing guns at him and have no idea what they are going to do. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy farted around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

Uh, they did chase him down. That fact isn't even in question. The father told police that Ahmaud ran past their house and he called to his son to grab their guns and get the truck. It was 1pm on a Sunday. They had no knowledge of him just committing any sort of crime. They just thought he looked like a suspect on a camera from a different day. The father also said they cut Ahmaud off several times in an attempt to stop him. The video you see is their 3rd or 4th attempt to stop Ahmaud, which they had no authority to do

So the fact that they grabbed their guns and chased this man down really doesn't matter.

It appears that their instincts were right about him.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guys who are pointing guns at him and he has no idea what they are going to do. Ahmaud did not have any stolen property on him. At worst, he was looking through a window at a construction site that these two guys did not own. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

The son was in front of the truck. That guy could have run past him and the truck, but he attacked him instead.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy farted around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

Uh, they did chase him down. That fact isn't even in question. The father told police that Ahmaud ran past their house and he called to his son to grab their guns and get the truck. It was 1pm on a Sunday. They had no knowledge of him just committing any sort of crime. They just thought he looked like a suspect on a camera from a different day. The father also said they cut Ahmaud off several times in an attempt to stop him. The video you see is their 3rd or 4th attempt to stop Ahmaud, which they had no authority to do

So you don’t believe in citizens arrest? Or ask him a question? Or try to hold him until the cops come?Or try to hold him until the cops come ?

The son was in front of the truck. That guy could have run past him and the truck, but he attacked him instead.

The son was blocking his path. Why did the son move from his spot by the driver side door??? He had no right to stop Ahmaud and question him. He is no one of authority. This is their 3rd or 4th time cutting Ahmaud off. They should have never have chased him down. But Ahmaud made it very clear he had no wish to talk to them and just kept jogging which he has every to do. These guys have no authority so chase someone with guns and demand they stop for questioning - if that was even their only motive.

The black darted at the son and try to rip the shotgun away from him

So you don’t believe in citizens arrest? Or ask him a question? Or try to hold him until the cops come?Or try to hold him until the cops come ?

I posted the definition of citizens arrest. This did not qualify. Ahmaud was not on their property, nor did he have any of their property on him. They did not just witness him commit a crime. Perhaps they can request he stop, but Ahmaud doesn't have to stop. They had already cut Ahmaud off 3 times and Ahmaud didn't want to talk to them which he doesn't have to do. At that point they should have dialed 911, which would have amounted to nothing since Ahmaud hadn't stolen anything. Instead they forced the issue and blocked Ahmaud's path. Remember, Ahmaud doesn't know these guys. He has no idea what their intentions are. They chased him with guns and cut him off 3 times. You don't think he was beyond frightened?

I posted the definition of citizens arrest. This did not qualify. Ahmaud was not on their property, nor did he have any of their property on him. They did not just witness him commit a crime. Perhaps they can request he stop, but Ahmaud doesn't have to stop. They had already cut Ahmaud off 3 times and Ahmaud didn't want to talk to them which he doesn't have to do. At that point they should have dialed 911, which would have amounted to nothing since Ahmaud hadn't stolen anything. Instead they forced the issue and blocked Ahmaud's path. Remember, Ahmaud doesn't know these guys. He has no idea what their intentions are. They chased him with guns and cut him off 3 times. You don't think he was beyond frightened?

Where does it say I can’t confront somebody who I believe broke into my house?

They know he didn't break into their house. He was just running by.

There is no law against confronting someone to ask them questions. But, if that person made it clear they did not want to talk to you, would you continue chasing them with guns and cut them off several times from their path ultimately cornering them? I don't know you, but somehow I doubt you would take it to that extreme.

There is no law against confronting someone to ask them questions. But, if that person made it clear they did not want to talk to you, would you continue chasing them with guns and cut them off several times from their path ultimately cornering them? I don't know you, but somehow I doubt you would take it to that extreme.

If somebody broke into my house and I saw them running by you’re damn right I’m gonna cut them off 100 times

If somebody broke into my house and I saw them running by you’re damn right I’m gonna cut them off 100 times

I've read no accounts that they knew he broke into their house at any time.

The black darted at the son and try to rip the shotgun away from him

And there's why you think he deserved being killed.

He looked like the guy in the video

So?

So?

Where you from?
If somebody broke in my house and I saw them running by get them I am a chase him down to the cops come if the man had nothing to hide he should I call the cops and be like hey there’s two guys out here with a shotgun chasing me

I guess Democrats wanted the white guy to handover the shotgun stay in there and get shot

Forum List

Back