A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging, prompting online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling

The point of the matter is that it was not their place to chase him and confront him. It would've been perfectly acceptable for them to follow him and call police. That would've been fine.
Well who cares what’s you think, Real Americans are self-reliant and can be self police. If he wasn’t guilty he shouldn’t have been running and attacking somebody with a gun he knew his time was up.

You're not a real American. You're a piece of shit.

He was running because he was... wait for it... "jogging" you stupid racist fuck.

People can't "self police". We already know that you're a racist felon. Should YOU be allowed to self police? No, because you're such a piece of shit that you're not even allowed to own a gun.

Fuck off and die. Seriously. Admit that you're happy the black guy is dead and go the fuck away...

What was that description, anyway? That he was black?
So what? Why can’t we self police??some rural areas don’t have a lot of cops and don’t need them
Anyone else see the video? It's out on the internet now. Not surprising it's going to the grand jury now. They hunted him down, blocked his jogging path and forced the issue. 3 shots fired total while the father just stands in the back of the truck and watches.
Yeah, i saw the video. In that video i saw Ahmaud Arbery punching the son. This looks like self defense to me.

I see two guys with guns blocking the road. They can call it a citizens arrest all they want. But I already posted the definition of a citizens arrest in Georgia and this is not it. Ahmaud jogs to his right, back to his left, then back to his right to go around the truck and to avoid the son who is standing by the open door of the truck. When Ahmaud runs around the right side in an attempt to get away from these guys, the son clearly moves from his spot to the front of the truck to meet him. At this point they have him pinned in.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guy who are pointing guns at him and have no idea what they are going to do. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy darted* around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

They themselves even admit they chased him down.

Looks like the black guy ran towards the truck

The racists in the truck chased him, dipshit...

The point of the matter is that it was not their place to chase him and confront him. It would've been perfectly acceptable for them to follow him and call police. That would've been fine.
Well who cares what’s you think, Real Americans are self-reliant and can be self police. If he wasn’t guilty he shouldn’t have been running and attacking somebody with a gun he knew his time was up.
He was jogging.
Lol yea ok .. I live in a black neighborhood I’ve never seen a black man in his 20s go for a jog haha

Well, fuck, then that means it never happens.

Goddamn, you're the dumbest fucking flathead I've ever encountered...

He was running because he was... wait for it... "jogging" you stupid racist fuck.

People can't "self police". We already know that you're a racist felon. Should YOU be allowed to self police? No, because you're such a piece of shit that you're not even allowed to own a gun.

Fuck off and die. Seriously. Admit that you're happy the black guy is dead and go the fuck away...
I’m happy ,, he tried to attack to white guys and lost.. good..

If somebody broke into my house and I saw them running by you’re damn right I’m gonna cut them off 100 times

But he didn't break into their house. There's really no evidence he broke into anyone's house...
He looks like the guy on there video

On whose video?

The younger McMichael, the guy who actually killed the jogger, never actually saw the video. His father did. I've got no doubt that will become a very important fact as this case is reviewed at a higher level...
So what’s the big deal? The black fought the guy with the gun not the other way around. And he lost . Move on
Move on to a trial for murder.
For self defense? Lol protecting your slaves? Haha

The McMichael's ramped up the intensity level of that whole encounter far more than it ever had to be. There were two of them for Christ's sake. They didn't need guns.

Jitss, we already know you're happy because a black guy was killed, but it would really be best if there was a valid reason he was killed, as opposed to some fanciful fantasy in your head...
You are encouraging the behavior of this black boy, that’s racist.. if I went outside right now for one or two black as pulled up with a gun stop me I would’ve been like what the fuck are you doing, I want to try to grab his fucking gun.
We can see what's racist here.

He was jogging.
Lol yea ok .. I live in a black neighborhood I’ve never seen a black man in his 20s go for a jog haha
Well, there you go. :rolleyes:

You should move to south Georgia, scumbag. You'd fit in perfectly there.

Of course, blacks who live there, who aren't felonious scumbags like you, own guns, so you might get your head aerated if one of them sees you jogging...

He was jogging.
Not true. Big Mike Brown was jogging toward officer Wilson back in Ferguson.

So what? Why can’t we self police??some rural areas don’t have a lot of cops and don’t need them
Anyone else see the video? It's out on the internet now. Not surprising it's going to the grand jury now. They hunted him down, blocked his jogging path and forced the issue. 3 shots fired total while the father just stands in the back of the truck and watches.
Yeah, i saw the video. In that video i saw Ahmaud Arbery punching the son. This looks like self defense to me.

I see two guys with guns blocking the road. They can call it a citizens arrest all they want. But I already posted the definition of a citizens arrest in Georgia and this is not it. Ahmaud jogs to his right, back to his left, then back to his right to go around the truck and to avoid the son who is standing by the open door of the truck. When Ahmaud runs around the right side in an attempt to get away from these guys, the son clearly moves from his spot to the front of the truck to meet him. At this point they have him pinned in.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guy who are pointing guns at him and have no idea what they are going to do. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy darted* around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

They themselves even admit they chased him down.

Looks like the black guy ran towards the truck

The racists in the truck chased him, dipshit...

The video shows a black guy running at the truck

Of course, blacks who live there, who aren't felonious scumbags like you, own guns, so you might get your head aerated if one of them sees you jogging...
Now be nice..

Now be nice..

Fuck you, you racist felon...

They didn’t chase him down, this guy farted around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

Uh, they did chase him down. That fact isn't even in question. The father told police that Ahmaud ran past their house and he called to his son to grab their guns and get the truck. It was 1pm on a Sunday. They had no knowledge of him just committing any sort of crime. They just thought he looked like a suspect on a camera from a different day. The father also said they cut Ahmaud off several times in an attempt to stop him. The video you see is their 3rd or 4th attempt to stop Ahmaud, which they had no authority to do

So you don’t believe in citizens arrest? Or ask him a question? Or try to hold him until the cops come?Or try to hold him until the cops come ?

I posted the definition of citizens arrest. This did not qualify. Ahmaud was not on their property, nor did he have any of their property on him. They did not just witness him commit a crime. Perhaps they can request he stop, but Ahmaud doesn't have to stop. They had already cut Ahmaud off 3 times and Ahmaud didn't want to talk to them which he doesn't have to do. At that point they should have dialed 911, which would have amounted to nothing since Ahmaud hadn't stolen anything. Instead they forced the issue and blocked Ahmaud's path. Remember, Ahmaud doesn't know these guys. He has no idea what their intentions are. They chased him with guns and cut him off 3 times. You don't think he was beyond frightened?

Where does it say I can’t confront somebody who I believe broke into my house?

They know he didn't break into their house. He was just running by.

There is no law against confronting someone to ask them questions. But, if that person made it clear they did not want to talk to you, would you continue chasing them with guns and cut them off several times from their path ultimately cornering them? I don't know you, but somehow I doubt you would take it to that extreme.

If somebody broke into my house and I saw them running by you’re damn right I’m gonna cut them off 100 times

I've read no accounts that they knew he broke into their house at any time.

He looked like the guy in the video

So?

Where you from?
If somebody broke in my house and I saw them running by get them I am a chase him down to the cops come if the man had nothing to hide he should I call the cops and be like hey there’s two guys out here with a shotgun chasing me

He didn't break into their house. They just thought he looked like a suspect on video from a previous night. Georgia law for a citizens arrest doesn't cover that. The law is clear here. These two guys had no authority to stop Ahmaud Arbery. They could request he stop to ask questions. But if he chooses not to stop that just to bad for them. Dial 911 then.

Last edited:
He didn't break into their house. They just thought he looked like a suspect on video from a previous night. Georgia law for a citizens arrest doesn't cover that. The law is clear here. These two guys had no authority to stop Ahmaud Arbery. They could request he stop to ask questions. But if he chooses not to stop that just to bad for then. Dial 911 then.

Exactly.

I witnessed a hit and run a few years ago. The guy backed into a parked car, doing a good degree of damage to the car he hit. He put it into DRIVE and took off. I followed him. While I followed him I call 911 to report it, and I let the operator know that I was following him.

I guess I could've attempted a P.I.T. maneuver to try to stop him, but that wouldn't have been my place. Instead, I stayed on the phone with the 911 operator and gave her constant updates on where we were. Before long, the police showed up and did their job.

That's what should've happened in the case with the jogger, too...

He didn't break into their house. They just thought he looked like a suspect on video from a previous night. Georgia law for a citizens arrest doesn't cover that. The law is clear here. These two guys had no authority to stop Ahmaud Arbery. They could request he stop to ask questions. But if he chooses not to stop that just to bad for then. Dial 911 then.

Exactly.

I witnessed a hit and run a few years ago. The guy backed into a parked car, doing a good degree of damage to the car he hit. He put it into DRIVE and took off. I followed him. While I followed him I call 911 to report it, and I let the operator know that I was following him.

I guess I could've attempted a P.I.T. maneuver to try to stop him, but that wouldn't have been my place. Instead, I stayed on the phone with the 911 operator and gave her constant updates on where we were. Before long, the police showed up and did their job.

That's what should've happened in the case with the jogger, too...

You mean you didn't call your buddies and tell them to grab their guns and proceed to chase and corner the hit and run guy? You just dialed 911 and let the police do the job they are trained to do. Sounds like that would have been sound advice for Travis and his father. Instead their illegal citizens arrest turned deadly and now a 25 year old man is dead.

So the fact that they grabbed their guns and chased this man down really doesn't matter.

It appears that their instincts were right about him.

Oh that he was a black man, yea it would seem so.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy farted around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

Uh, they did chase him down. That fact isn't even in question. The father told police that Ahmaud ran past their house and he called to his son to grab their guns and get the truck. It was 1pm on a Sunday. They had no knowledge of him just committing any sort of crime. They just thought he looked like a suspect on a camera from a different day. The father also said they cut Ahmaud off several times in an attempt to stop him. The video you see is their 3rd or 4th attempt to stop Ahmaud, which they had no authority to do

So you don’t believe in citizens arrest? Or ask him a question? Or try to hold him until the cops come?Or try to hold him until the cops come ?

I posted the definition of citizens arrest. This did not qualify. Ahmaud was not on their property, nor did he have any of their property on him. They did not just witness him commit a crime. Perhaps they can request he stop, but Ahmaud doesn't have to stop. They had already cut Ahmaud off 3 times and Ahmaud didn't want to talk to them which he doesn't have to do. At that point they should have dialed 911, which would have amounted to nothing since Ahmaud hadn't stolen anything. Instead they forced the issue and blocked Ahmaud's path. Remember, Ahmaud doesn't know these guys. He has no idea what their intentions are. They chased him with guns and cut him off 3 times. You don't think he was beyond frightened?

They know he didn't break into their house. He was just running by.

There is no law against confronting someone to ask them questions. But, if that person made it clear they did not want to talk to you, would you continue chasing them with guns and cut them off several times from their path ultimately cornering them? I don't know you, but somehow I doubt you would take it to that extreme.

I've read no accounts that they knew he broke into their house at any time.

He looked like the guy in the video

So?

Where you from?
If somebody broke in my house and I saw them running by get them I am a chase him down to the cops come if the man had nothing to hide he should I call the cops and be like hey there’s two guys out here with a shotgun chasing me

If a frog had a glass ass it would break everytime he jumps. This young man didn't break into their damn house.

What law says you can pull a gun on someone because you think they broke into your house.

Georgia law only carries one degree of murder. With that said, I don't think a prosecutor can pin murder on these guys. IMO the best a prosecutor can get is involuntary manslaughter. Yea it sucks due to the high emotions here (obviously, a man is dead). But I don't see how a prosecutor can prove these guys intended to kill Ahmaud Arbery. I think this was reckless and irresponsible behavior by Travis and his father that caused the altercation, which led to the gun being fired and ultimately Ahmaud's death. I think a competent prosecutor could get a jury to agree to involuntary. But as is always with these cases (see Trayvon Martin), the prosecutor goes for murder due to public pressure and falls short. Remember, it's what you can prove, not what you or the public wants.

Murder in Georgia:
  • The person acted intending to kill another.
  • The person acted with depraved disregard for human life. For example, firing a gun into a house or vehicle the person knows to be occupied.
  • The person kills another while committing a felony such as robbery. In this case, the killing need not be intentional.
Voluntary manslaughter – Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally kills another while under the influence of a sudden and violent passion. This passion must be caused by a serious provocation that would create such passion in a reasonable person. An example of a sufficient provocation would be a person catching his or her spouse in the act of adultery. Voluntary manslaughter is punishable by one to 20 years in prison.

Involuntary manslaughter – Involuntary manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another person. The killing must result from illegal or reckless conduct by the perpetrator. The maximum penalty for involuntary manslaughter is ten years in prison. Involuntary manslaughter may also be a misdemeanor, punishable by less than one year in prison, under certain circumstances.

They could request he stop to ask questions. But if he chooses not to stop that just to bad for them.
Where did you see them stop him the black was running out the car darted for the guy with the gun,, tried to take the gun to shoot them

Forum List

Back