A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging, prompting online protests labeling the incident as racial profiling

What was that description, anyway? That he was black?
So what? Why can’t we self police??some rural areas don’t have a lot of cops and don’t need them
Anyone else see the video? It's out on the internet now. Not surprising it's going to the grand jury now. They hunted him down, blocked his jogging path and forced the issue. 3 shots fired total while the father just stands in the back of the truck and watches.
Yeah, i saw the video. In that video i saw Ahmaud Arbery punching the son. This looks like self defense to me.

I see two guys with guns blocking the road. They can call it a citizens arrest all they want. But I already posted the definition of a citizens arrest in Georgia and this is not it. Ahmaud jogs to his right, back to his left, then back to his right to go around the truck and to avoid the son who is standing by the open door of the truck. When Ahmaud runs around the right side in an attempt to get away from these guys, the son clearly moves from his spot to the front of the truck to meet him. At this point they have him pinned in.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guy who are pointing guns at him and have no idea what they are going to do. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy farted around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

Uh, they did chase him down. That fact isn't even in question. The father told police that Ahmaud ran past their house and he called to his son to grab their guns and get the truck. It was 1pm on a Sunday. They had no knowledge of him just committing any sort of crime. They just thought he looked like a suspect on a camera from a different day. The father also said they cut Ahmaud off several times in an attempt to stop him. The video you see is their 3rd or 4th attempt to stop Ahmaud, which they had no authority to do

So you don’t believe in citizens arrest? Or ask him a question? Or try to hold him until the cops come?Or try to hold him until the cops come ?

I posted the definition of citizens arrest. This did not qualify. Ahmaud was not on their property, nor did he have any of their property on him. They did not just witness him commit a crime. Perhaps they can request he stop, but Ahmaud doesn't have to stop. They had already cut Ahmaud off 3 times and Ahmaud didn't want to talk to them which he doesn't have to do. At that point they should have dialed 911, which would have amounted to nothing since Ahmaud hadn't stolen anything. Instead they forced the issue and blocked Ahmaud's path. Remember, Ahmaud doesn't know these guys. He has no idea what their intentions are. They chased him with guns and cut him off 3 times. You don't think he was beyond frightened?

Where does it say I can’t confront somebody who I believe broke into my house?

What law says you can pull a gun on someone because you think they broke into your house.

First amendment

They could request he stop to ask questions. But if he chooses not to stop that just to bad for them.
Where did you see them stop him the black was running out the car darted for the guy with the gun,, tried to take the gun to shoot them

I watched it frame by frame. It looks to me like Ahmaud is swerving left and right to try and avoid them. Travis moves to the front of the truck from the left side to meet and cut him off while Ahmaud jogs down the right side. This explanation makes sense given the father told police they had 2 previous failed attempts to top Ahmaud.

They could request he stop to ask questions. But if he chooses not to stop that just to bad for them.
Where did you see them stop him the black was running out the car darted for the guy with the gun,, tried to take the gun to shoot them

I watched it frame by frame. It looks to me like Ahmaud is swerving left and right to try and avoid them. Travis moves to the front of the truck from the left side to meet and cut him off while Ahmaud jogs down the right side. This explanation makes sense given the father told police they had 2 previous failed attempts to top Ahmaud.
You can’t see the truck until he turns the corner,, when did you see the truck swerving

You can’t see the truck until he turns the corner,, when did you see the truck swerving

Not the truck. Ahmaud was running left then right and back to avoid Travis.

You saw Travis ? I didn’t see him until he turned the corner

You are encouraging the behavior of this black boy, that’s racist.. if I went outside right now for one or two black as pulled up with a gun stop me I would’ve been like what the fuck are you doing, I want to try to grab his fucking gun.

That's borderline gibberish.

Also, the guy was in his mid-20's; a man. But, again, you're a racist so you refer to him as "boy".

Lastly, he didn't have a gun. He was unarmed...
I’m using voice to text.. what I’m saying is if two guys pulled up to me and they had a gun I would’ve stopped and said what the hell do you want and if I had nothing to hide I wouldn’t try to grab their gun. I’d call the cops. This black boy was obviously guilty as sin
Jogging while black....I guess that deserves the death penalty, eh?

You are encouraging the behavior of this black boy, that’s racist.. if I went outside right now for one or two black as pulled up with a gun stop me I would’ve been like what the fuck are you doing, I want to try to grab his fucking gun.

Also, the guy was in his mid-20's; a man. But, again, you're a racist so you refer to him as "boy".

I’m using voice to text.. what I’m saying is if two guys pulled up to me and they had a gun I would’ve stopped and said what the hell do you want and if I had nothing to hide I wouldn’t try to grab their gun. I’d call the cops. This black boy was obviously guilty as sin
Running towards a guy with a shot gun lol

This was a good shot.. of the shooting .. sad
D6EEC2F1-BC3D-4E4D-8905-EFA41CF47046.jpeg

Georgia law only carries one degree of murder. With that said, I don't think a prosecutor can pin murder on these guys. IMO the best a prosecutor can get is involuntary manslaughter. Yea it sucks due to the high emotions here (obviously, a man is dead). But I don't see how a prosecutor can prove these guys intended to kill Ahmaud Arbery. I think this was reckless and irresponsible behavior by Travis and his father that caused the altercation, which led to the gun being fired and ultimately Ahmaud's death. I think a competent prosecutor could get a jury to agree to involuntary. But as is always with these cases (see Trayvon Martin), the prosecutor goes for murder due to public pressure and falls short. Remember, it's what you can prove, not what you or the public wants.

Murder in Georgia:
  • The person acted intending to kill another.
  • The person acted with depraved disregard for human life. For example, firing a gun into a house or vehicle the person knows to be occupied.
  • The person kills another while committing a felony such as robbery. In this case, the killing need not be intentional.
Voluntary manslaughter – Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally kills another while under the influence of a sudden and violent passion. This passion must be caused by a serious provocation that would create such passion in a reasonable person. An example of a sufficient provocation would be a person catching his or her spouse in the act of adultery. Voluntary manslaughter is punishable by one to 20 years in prison.

Involuntary manslaughter – Involuntary manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another person. The killing must result from illegal or reckless conduct by the perpetrator. The maximum penalty for involuntary manslaughter is ten years in prison. Involuntary manslaughter may also be a misdemeanor, punishable by less than one year in prison, under certain circumstances.

The strongest argument for murder is the fact that they armed themselves and then chased him down. That could show intent.

There were two of them. They didn't need guns. If they didn't intend to use the guns, why did they bring them?

So what? Why can’t we self police??some rural areas don’t have a lot of cops and don’t need them
Anyone else see the video? It's out on the internet now. Not surprising it's going to the grand jury now. They hunted him down, blocked his jogging path and forced the issue. 3 shots fired total while the father just stands in the back of the truck and watches.
Yeah, i saw the video. In that video i saw Ahmaud Arbery punching the son. This looks like self defense to me.

I see two guys with guns blocking the road. They can call it a citizens arrest all they want. But I already posted the definition of a citizens arrest in Georgia and this is not it. Ahmaud jogs to his right, back to his left, then back to his right to go around the truck and to avoid the son who is standing by the open door of the truck. When Ahmaud runs around the right side in an attempt to get away from these guys, the son clearly moves from his spot to the front of the truck to meet him. At this point they have him pinned in.

As I said before I even saw the video, these guys had no authority to chase him down and question him. This does not qualify as a citizens arrest. They caused the incident and put Ahmaud in a defensive situation. Ahmaud doesn't know these guy who are pointing guns at him and have no idea what they are going to do. This is going to a grand jury as it should.

They didn’t chase him down, this guy farted around the car to attack the guy with the shot gun. What are you supposed to do then?

Uh, they did chase him down. That fact isn't even in question. The father told police that Ahmaud ran past their house and he called to his son to grab their guns and get the truck. It was 1pm on a Sunday. They had no knowledge of him just committing any sort of crime. They just thought he looked like a suspect on a camera from a different day. The father also said they cut Ahmaud off several times in an attempt to stop him. The video you see is their 3rd or 4th attempt to stop Ahmaud, which they had no authority to do

So you don’t believe in citizens arrest? Or ask him a question? Or try to hold him until the cops come?Or try to hold him until the cops come ?

I posted the definition of citizens arrest. This did not qualify. Ahmaud was not on their property, nor did he have any of their property on him. They did not just witness him commit a crime. Perhaps they can request he stop, but Ahmaud doesn't have to stop. They had already cut Ahmaud off 3 times and Ahmaud didn't want to talk to them which he doesn't have to do. At that point they should have dialed 911, which would have amounted to nothing since Ahmaud hadn't stolen anything. Instead they forced the issue and blocked Ahmaud's path. Remember, Ahmaud doesn't know these guys. He has no idea what their intentions are. They chased him with guns and cut him off 3 times. You don't think he was beyond frightened?

What law says you can pull a gun on someone because you think they broke into your house.

First amendment

What???

You know, just when I become convinced that you're as stupid as humanly fucking possible, you belch up some bullshit like this...

Looking at the video, it's clear that the black guy ran around the passenger side of the pickup truck to avoid the younger racist, who was on the driver's side with the shotgun. The younger racist then steps in front of the black guy and instigates the physical altercation.

I'd like to see this land in the hands of the feds...

You saw Travis ? I didn’t see him until he turned the corner

As the truck turns the corner you can see Travis standing in the opposite lane with his gun while the truck is blocking the right lane. Ahmaud runs around the right of the truck to avoid Travis. Travis moves to the front of the truck to meet him.

Looking at the video, it's clear that the black guy ran around the passenger side of the pickup truck to avoid the younger racist, who was on the driver's side with the shotgun. The younger racist then steps in front of the black guy and instigates the physical altercation.

I see a black guy running at a man with a shot gun to steal it like he stole from his house

I see a black guy running at a man with a shot gun to steal it like he stole from his house

You're either the dumbest fuck to ever live or you're a liar.

The black guy ran around the passenger side of the truck. The younger racist was not there. He was on the driver's side and ran around the front of the truck to confront the black guy. That's clear. If you can't see that you're as blind as you are stupid...

"I guess my first question would be, why did it take the video [becoming public]?" Gowdy asked host Dana Perino. "If you have someone who is jogging, who is unarmed, who is shot and killed by officers who aren't officers -- they aren't even law enforcement officers -- why did they take video?"

- Trey Gowdy (R)

Pretty much what I've been saying all along before the video came out. Based on everything I heard you don't need the video to indict. A man was shot to death while jogging. What else do you need to indict and let 12 decide.

Guess what is the common denominator in all these “he a good boy” black killings???
The black person

They should have never approached him. That citizens arrest is some straight crap. Call the police and let them handle it
On guy is a retired chief of police .. AMERICA WAS STARTED WITH LIMITED GOVERNMENT! So sick of this call the cops! Screw the cops! They handled the SOB

Last edited:

First amendment

Please post where it says that in the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back