A Call To Ban "Gone With The Wind"

I can own all the copies of Gone with the Wind at home, as can I own as many confarterate flags I want at home..I can eat trans fats when I render a hog and make pork rinds...Viva la USA..

It's part of erasing the entire civil war from our history. Then it can be written anew.

• Banned
Suggestion backfires:

"I expected my column on the problematic racial politics of the wildly popular “Gone With the Wind” would generate some controversy. But I never in my wildest dreams could imagine this would somehow turn the 75-year-old movie into the top seller in the nation today.

As of 9 a.m. Friday, “Gone With the Wind” was the overall
best-selling Blu-ray feature film on Amazon’s US website, amazingly...."

Fear of ban boosts sales of Gone With the Wind New York Post

-----------------------

GWTW is historical fiction, the idea that it would be banned is hysterical fiction.

image-485121-breitwandaufmacher-ohuq.jpg

Maybe if we say the naughty words enough people will get desensitized to them. :)
We're all pretty comfortable with 4-letter words. Never used to hear some of them on regular tv. Hear em all the time now.

Naggers need to chill. :)

Then we should also ban "Roots" and "Glory" and "12 Years a Slave".

ANYTHING that reminds us of anything or anyone...or just the mere existence. ..of the Civil War or slavery must be purged.

We simply can't have a character, even a fictional one, who displays a woman's strength and resilience against overwhelming adversity. That goes against the progressive "life of Julia" agenda where the poor little thing must be sheltered by the state from cradle to grave.

Last edited:
If they ban GWTW it's time to play hardball. We call for a resurrection of that timeless classic Song of the South. Zippity doo dah! Uncle Remus...Brer Rabbit...Tar Baby...and the rest of the gang.

If they ban GWTW it's time to play hardball. We call for a resurrection of that timeless classic Song of the South. Zippity doo dah! Uncle Remus...Brer Rabbit...Tar Baby...and the rest of the gang.
I say it should be mandatory to show the classic "Birth of a Nation" in our elementary schools.

Forum List

Back