A census worker showed up at my door today

It's not Trump, it's all the people who work in the government who are still loyal to Obama and the Democrats. They have already tried to overthrow Trump twice and now they've started a violent rebellion to overthrow Trump.

I do not trust such people with my personal information.

When they sent me mine, I went online and filled it out completely. Nothing really they can do with that information. I have a CCW in my state, and as a retired truck driver, I have a CDL. We drivers had to be TSA certified as well, and had annual refresher courses and tests.

So I've been checked out multiple times, in some cases right to my birth. There is nothing on that census they don't already know, and in fact, compared to the amount and extent I've been checked out by our government, the census is nothing.

Before she asked me anything, I said: "One person, that's the only question I'm going to answer."

Then I closed the door in her face.

I realize, now, that I distrust the government to the point that I do not want to tell them anything about myself except that I exist.

Had I told them I'm a white middle-aged male with a middle class income the government would have used the information against me.
Your right wing paranoia is showing. The government you fear is led by your orange-hued hero. His Nazi-loving self should inspire your trust as a rank-and-file Republican voter.

Before she asked me anything, I said: "One person, that's the only question I'm going to answer."

I realize, now, that I distrust the government to the point that I do not want to tell them anything about myself except that I exist.

Had I told them I'm a white middle-aged male with a middle class income the government would have used the information against me.
Your right wing paranoia is showing. The government you fear is led by your orange-hued hero. His Nazi-loving self should inspire your trust as a rank-and-file Republican voter.

You're a stupid idiot.

It's required in the constitution that they conduct a census and it's the only information they are allowed to use to draw districts. OP is an idiot and it seems so are you.
I used to work at Census and the only thing REQUIRED is to tell them how many live in the home, but there is no law against lying to a census taker.

Their surveys are problematic as it is never supposed to be released, but that is what they did to the Japanese heritage USA citizens in WW2 under FDR.

So, how is your ethnicity and religion, etc, already known to them if they have to use Census workers to ask about it?

roflmao

Mine showed up last night. I was a little nicer...

“Three people. 2 males, 1 female, all adults and US Citizens. That’s all you need.”

He was quite taken aback and rather shocked. I’m not sure if he heard/remembered enough of it to input the info.

A lot of people have used the old censuses to find where their ancestors lived. I was going to just mail ours in but a worker came by and asked a few ?'s. He wasn't intrusive, nice fellow just trying to get a paycheck. We did talk about herbs and he let me know a bit about himself, where he and his wife lived, etc... when I asked.

NOBODY comes to my place without prior arrangements. I had 2 of the Yeehas idiots show up one day....I asked if the gate was open ? They said "No we crawled under the wire" I put both dogs on them with a catch command. NOT kill command. 10 years back. I guess I'm blac...err tint listed by the Yeehawz.

NOBODY comes to my place without prior arrangements. I had 2 of the Yeehas idiots show up one day....I asked if the gate was open ? They said "No we crawled under the wire" I put both dogs on them with a catch command. NOT kill command. 10 years back. I guess I'm blac...err tint listed by the Yeehawz.
Dang, they are just trying to make a living. Census workers are generally just temps who need a paycheck.

It's not Trump, it's all the people who work in the government who are still loyal to Obama and the Democrats. They have already tried to overthrow Trump twice and now they've started a violent rebellion to overthrow Trump.

I do not trust such people with my personal information.

They already have your personal information

You just can't trust Trump I know what you mean...
Businesses in riot areas trying to kiss BLM's azz are finding that out. Business nationally are selling out people for agendas.

Wow, you are an idiot. As someone who has worked as a census enumerator, let me tell you how that works.

They go to your neighbor and ask, "Who lives at 123 Mockingbird Lane", They tell them your name. Maybe yoru age if they know it. They can already tell you are white and male, so fill that in.

Nobody cares about your income unless they are doing the long form.

I ate her liver with fava beans and a big Amarone

It's like this. Have you ever owed the government chump change? Has government ever owed you a great sum of money? A big difference.

A few months back I looked up my grandfather in the 1940 census (with the 72-year-rule 1950's will become available in 2022) and downloaded the page to a PDF file. By 1940 my dad had quit the railroad and went back to finish high school so his information on the page wasn't interesting. Looking at things in general it was a tough time for folks living on his street. Grandpa was pretty typical. 8th grade education, working as a "hammerman" in an aluminum factory. He worked only 30 weeks in 1939 earning $900 and they lived in a house he rented for $14/month.

I'm glad whoever it was, grandpa or grandma, didn't just tell census taker "6" and slam the door.

A few months back I looked up my grandfather in the 1940 census (with the 72-year-rule 1950's will become available in 2022) and downloaded the page to a PDF file. By 1940 my dad had quit the railroad and went back to finish high school so his information on the page wasn't interesting. Looking at things in general it was a tough time for folks living on his street. Grandpa was pretty typical. 8th grade education, working as a "hammerman" in an aluminum factory. He worked only 30 weeks in 1939 earning $900 and they lived in a house he rented for $14/month.

I'm glad whoever it was, grandpa or grandma, didn't just tell census taker "6" and slam the door.

And that's the thing, when we bring evidence to our claims here, it at times comes from the US Census. The left will do it, the right will do it, anybody in between does it, and I've done it many times myself.

So why not aid in trying to provide the most accurate information they can obtain? Participation helps us understand the mindset of the people in our country.

Sure..........I'll take the census just as soon as I sacrifice this chicken on the altar.....hang on a sec........

Get back......................where did she go..............oh well.

Lmao

In 1980 my great-grandmother threw a census worker out of her home. His crime?... He refused to list her ethnicity as “American”. Her family came to this continent in the 1630s. They identified as American only. When the census worker told her thst wasn’t what ethnicity meant, he threw him out of the house.

Forum List

Back