A census worker showed up at my door today

Before she asked me anything, I said: "One person, that's the only question I'm going to answer."

Then I closed the door in her face.

I realize, now, that I distrust the government to the point that I do not want to tell them anything about myself except that I exist.

Had I told them I'm a white middle-aged male with a middle class income the government would have used the information against me.

I had one come by this week. Surprisingly he didn't ask me anything about my household, since I returned the paper census with just the number in my household marked.

The Census worker asked about my next door neighbor. Told him I couldn't help him. Not my business to report on my neighbors.

Before she asked me anything, I said: "One person, that's the only question I'm going to answer."

I realize, now, that I distrust the government to the point that I do not want to tell them anything about myself except that I exist.

Had I told them I'm a white middle-aged male with a middle class income the government would have used the information against me.
Paranoia is treatable. Go see your doctor.

In 1980 my great-grandmother threw a census worker out of her home. His crime?... He refused to list her ethnicity as “American”. Her family came to this continent in the 1630s. They identified as American only. When the census worker told her thst wasn’t what ethnicity meant, he threw him out of the house.
He was correct. That isn't what ethnicity means.

In my family, our history started when those four people stepped off thst ship onto North American soil. We are no longer even sure where they had come from. Even the more recent portions of the family tree, where we do know where they’re from in Europe, have an “American ONLY” mentality.

Since you know that, stop yelling "Russia, Russia, Russia", and take your own advice.

Tell the census workers to go fuck themselves..tell them you are not completing this census as you do not want your shithole state to gain congressional power or federal funding. It will blow their fucking mind.

Last edited:

I point at the no soliciting sign and ask if they can read lol

Your right wing paranoia is showing. The government you fear is led by your orange-hued hero. His Nazi-loving self should inspire your trust as a rank-and-file Republican voter.

I have come to realize that the people who scream "NAZI" the loudest, are those who are engaged in Nazi tactics,

In my family, our history started when those four people stepped off thst ship onto North American soil. We are no longer even sure where they had come from. Even the more recent portions of the family tree, where we do know where they’re from in Europe, have an “American ONLY” mentality.
Doesn't change your ethnicity.

Since you know that, stop yelling "Russia, Russia, Russia", and take your own advice.
You should read that recently released senate report.

Lol, no. It doesn't. Ignoring reality doesn't change it.

Then are you suggesting that the US Census Bureau be granted the power to take genetic material from me against my wishes to determine what my ethnicity is? Because I’m sure as Hell not telling them anything other than American.

Lol, no. It doesn't. Ignoring reality doesn't change it.

Then are you suggesting that the US Census Bureau be granted the power to take genetic material from me against my wishes to determine what my ethnicity is? Because I’m sure as Hell not telling them anything other than American.
Where would you get such a crazy idea? Are you stupid? Mentally disabled?

Look kid, here are the facts. "American" is not an ethnicity unless you are a Native American. The census worker wants to know are you white, black , hispanic, asian, native American, whatever the alaskan natives call themselves this week, or whatever.

It's not that hard to understand.

"American" is not an ethnicity unless you are a Native American. The census worker wants to know are you white, black , hispanic, asian, native American, whatever the alaskan natives call themselves this week, or whatever.

I disagree. I believe American IS an Ethnicity. At least for those of us who believe in what this country was supposed to be.

Either way, the question is neither legitimate not relevant in terms of the Census. I would rather not be counted in the Census than to acquiesce to such questioning.

"American" is not an ethnicity unless you are a Native American. The census worker wants to know are you white, black , hispanic, asian, native American, whatever the alaskan natives call themselves this week, or whatever.

I disagree. I believe American IS an Ethnicity. At least for those of us who believe in what this country was supposed to be.

Either way, the question is neither legitimate not relevant in terms of the Census. I would rather not be counted in the Census than to acquiesce to such questioning.
Lol, what you believe doesn't change reality.

tenor (10).gif

Forum List

Back