A census worker showed up at my door today

Years ago when self-serve gasoline started, independent gas stations found it more profitable to have people pump their own gas while their mechanics continued to repair cars. To encourage their participation, they opened up one self-serve island with cheaper per gallon price.
As time went by, major companies got rid of their garages because they made a much better profit by converting to convenient stores than they did with auto repair. However the same theory still applied. They do better by having their employees servicing customers in the store than pumping gas.

As usual, Ray, you are confused.

The main reason why gas stations got rid of mechanics is that cars became too complicated for the gas station mechanic. Also, the costs of doing things like fluid disposals wasn't economical if it was something you did on the side.

So you have the dealers and places like Jiffy Lube that specialize in maintenance, and the gas stations specialize in refueling and selling things like Pop and coffee. And frankly, both are a lot better than the garage that sent a guy out to refuel your car, and maybe did a half-ass job on your oil change.

Before she asked me anything, I said: "One person, that's the only question I'm going to answer."

Then I closed the door in her face.

I realize, now, that I distrust the government to the point that I do not want to tell them anything about myself except that I exist.

Had I told them I'm a white middle-aged male with a middle class income the government would have used the information against me.
I have no problem telling them how many live here or if theyre male or female,,thats it,,

all their other questions are offensive and intrusive,,,

the problem is once you start answering them you are required by law to answer all questions,,,

so when they showed up twice I just said I dont have time and closed the door,,I heard one of them say "why dont I think we shouldnt be counted" then the door closed,,,

I filled out the mailed I form. I'm the only one at my house so it was easy. I mailed it in. God knows when they will get it. LOL

Years ago when self-serve gasoline started, independent gas stations found it more profitable to have people pump their own gas while their mechanics continued to repair cars. To encourage their participation, they opened up one self-serve island with cheaper per gallon price.
As time went by, major companies got rid of their garages because they made a much better profit by converting to convenient stores than they did with auto repair. However the same theory still applied. They do better by having their employees servicing customers in the store than pumping gas.

As usual, Ray, you are confused.

The main reason why gas stations got rid of mechanics is that cars became too complicated for the gas station mechanic. Also, the costs of doing things like fluid disposals wasn't economical if it was something you did on the side.

So you have the dealers and places like Jiffy Lube that specialize in maintenance, and the gas stations specialize in refueling and selling things like Pop and coffee. And frankly, both are a lot better than the garage that sent a guy out to refuel your car, and maybe did a half-ass job on your oil change.

If you think I'm confused, then you are even more confused. You said exactly what I said in different words. It was much more profitable for gas stations to operate convenient stores than work on cars.

I met somebody who was on the ground floor of this conversion many years ago. I was doing medical at the time and delivered a hospital bed in a suburb called Shaker Heights; the same suburb Geraldo lives in today.

The house was like a mansion. I could see the huge indoor swimming pool from the foyer. The patient was pretty much a ghetto type black guy. Especially back then, it was extremely unusual for a guy like this to have such wealth to afford a house like this.

Long story short, I found out he had a gas station in the hood. The company asked him to make the convenient store conversion which he did. Seeing the huge profits, he bought another run down gas station and did the same, and then another.

I had to deliver another hospital bed a week later, only this time for his wife. Then I found out they were both shot in a robbery while making a night deposit which is why they needed the hospital beds.

If you think I'm confused, then you are even more confused. You said exactly what I said in different words. It was much more profitable for gas stations to operate convenient stores than work on cars.

No confusion at all.. you just made it sound like a big old conspiracy.

How did I make it sound like a conspiracy? I simply stated the facts. My Lord you are paranoid man.

Before she asked me anything, I said: "One person, that's the only question I'm going to answer."

Then I closed the door in her face.

I realize, now, that I distrust the government to the point that I do not want to tell them anything about myself except that I exist.

Had I told them I'm a white middle-aged male with a middle class income the government would have used the information against me.
You just can't trust Trump I know what you mean...
Wackos want no part of determining how many illegals are in the country, who else would vote Democrat? Aside from all the brain dead lemmings I mean.

No confusion at all.. you just made it sound like a big old conspiracy.

How did I make it sound like a conspiracy? I simply stated the facts. My Lord you are paranoid man.
Its a guilty conscience for blaming the President for all the things they have done.

Forum List

Back