A Culture of Intolerance

And wouldn't have allowed her to use school resources to start her debate.

Neither side should be using school resources to express their social beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

You obviously don't have kids in government schools

Actually my son goes to public school. And if they protested outside my son's grade school I would probably have a discussion with them.
Find me a link where a public school is pushing abortion on students, and trying to make the case of Pro Choice.
If they have a debate on the subject, it belongs in a classroom and under the permission of the Principal.

Liberal causes are freely discussed. Liberal biased papers, themes and assumptions are assigned.They aren't being political, liberalism is just truth. Raise non-liberal positions, and you're told you're being political and STFU. Liberals never think liberalism is "political."

Actually my son goes to public school. And if they protested outside my son's grade school I would probably have a discussion with them.
Find me a link where a public school is pushing abortion on students, and trying to make the case of Pro Choice.
If they have a debate on the subject, it belongs in a classroom and under the permission of the Principal.

Liberal causes are freely discussed. Liberal biased papers, themes and assumptions are assigned.They aren't being political, liberalism is just truth. Raise non-liberal positions, and you're told you're being political and STFU. Liberals never think liberalism is "political."

I am so glad that we have idiot nutters around to tell us what we think and feel. If it were not for such fine folks, us Libs wouldn't know anything about our own agenda.

Thanks Kaz! Please keep telling us what we think! We need you.

I think I have said many times neither side should be using school as a platform to debate the issue. Plus I went to public school in a very conservative town. I never saw what you claimed.
We did debate certain issues, even abortion but in the classroom, in a controlled setting. Instead of going to the news screaming free speech, this girl should have asked her principal if there was a way to debate the issue that he would approve of. Of course she didn't do that, she didn't get her way so she whined and didn't solve anything.

Oh! And we sure discussed Clinton and is impeachment and lies in high school. I will always remember one teacher playing a video slamming Clinton. My school also let Young Life hand out flyers, three teachers were very involved with the group. And my former grade school let the group meet there.
Of course it is okay when schools slow conservative ideas in, allow prayer, teach creationism. You guys don't start screaming until the other side is represented.
The true sheep here is you.

The only thing you said Rawlings, was this: "Life indisputably begins at conception." And when you refuse to dispute it, you are begging the question, a fallacy of thought. Because a great many of people in fact dispute this and there are indeed grounds on which to dispute your claim.

You spent 99% of your post on a tangent, a distraction. If you relinquish your tautological grip on reality, then you can participate in rational discussion. Otherwise, leave your fallacious replies for the birds.

Oh?

What could possibly be the grounds to dispute the assertion that life—i.e., for clarification, the life of a new organism—begins at the moment of conception? What the hell are you talking about? The assertion is essentially a tautology, necessarily valid by definition. As for its truth, it's an empirically verifiable assertion of biological science.

In any event, the fallacy of begging the question necessarily entails a premise asserting one thing followed by a conclusion that asserts something more complex, wherein the conclusion presupposes that the premise is necessarily true in the absence of any evidence demonstrating the truth of the same.

Tautologies are simple assertions, the subject and object of which are by definition essentially the same thing or the same idea. If in fact the subject and the object are by definition essentially the same thing or the same idea, the assertion is inherently valid . . . though it may not be true.

Your claim that the my assertion is fallacious simply because others allegedly dispute the contention that a new life begins at the moment of conception is the fallacy of appealing to authority concerning a matter that is subject to scientific falsification.

What's the substance of this falsification allegedly asserted by others?

As for my "tangent," the Republic of the United States most certainly was founded on the sociopolitical theory of natural law, not on the dialectical materialism of Marxism.

I eagerly await more of your irrational bullshit, er, response.

M.D., filibabble all you want, but gnarlylove owns your argument.

Generally speaking, a tautology, in and of itself, cannot beg the question or be an instance of circular reasoning. That which is true by definition is valid. However, validity and truth are not necessarily synonymous. Only a complex assertion entailing a premise and a conclusion can potentially beg the question.

The tautological assertion that the life cycle of a new mammalian organism (or individual) begins at conception, defined as the union of male and female germ cells (fertilization), is valid and is predicated on a known and empirically verifiable phenomenon of biology.

The assertion is inherently true by definition, and the assertion as a whole is objectively true by the standard of falsification applied.

The only thing he owns is an appeal to an undefined and yet to be stated authority.

Ultimately, all he's really saying is that all is subjective or relative.

Fine.

My response to that gibberish is that if there be no objectively justifiable standard for knowledge, for whether he realizes or not, that’s what he's arguing, then on what authority does he asset anything whatsoever?

You see the problem with relativism is that it's, well, antirational: there are no absolute truths except the absolute truth that there are no absolute truths; therefore, the assertion that there are no absolute truths is necessarily false, i.e., inherently contradictory and self-negating.

On the other hand, if all he's really objecting to is the attachment of the term indisputable to the generally accepted imperative of sexual fertilization in science. . . .

Okay.

Strike it.

The assertion inherently and objectively stands as defined without it, and my refutation concerning the ultimate validity of Clayton Jones’ theory of constitutional hermeneutics stands without it.

Last edited:

I am so glad that we have idiot nutters around to tell us what we think and feel. If it were not for such fine folks, us Libs wouldn't know anything about our own agenda.

Thanks Kaz! Please keep telling us what we think! We need you.
Here's the world's smallest violin, and it's playing just for ...

:eusa_boohoo:

I think I have said many times neither side should be using school as a platform to debate the issue. Plus I went to public school in a very conservative town. I never saw what you claimed.
We did debate certain issues, even abortion but in the classroom, in a controlled setting. Instead of going to the news screaming free speech, this girl should have asked her principal if there was a way to debate the issue that he would approve of. Of course she didn't do that, she didn't get her way so she whined and didn't solve anything.

Both my daughters complained about how often they were pressured to write liberal themed papers, how their teachers spoke freely of left wing views in class and how they were punished by their teachers for speaking up and not being liberal.

Yet another reason that government should not monopolize education. Government isn't going to not speak out for government and it's not going to give free speech against government, it never does.

Oh! And we sure discussed Clinton and is impeachment and lies in high school. I will always remember one teacher playing a video slamming Clinton. My school also let Young Life hand out flyers, three teachers were very involved with the group. And my former grade school let the group meet there.
Of course it is okay when schools slow conservative ideas in, allow prayer, teach creationism. You guys don't start screaming until the other side is represented.

Wow, the crap in that one reeks...

Because I know you are full of shit? Lol

Both my daughters complained about how often they were pressured to write liberal themed papers, how their teachers spoke freely of left wing views in class and how they were punished by their teachers for speaking up and not being liberal.

Yet another reason that government should not monopolize education. Government isn't going to not speak out for government and it's not going to give free speech against government, it never does.

The teacher who showed the Clinton video was a conservative obviously but I loved his class. It also helped me realize public schools don't always push liberal ideas. Every school is different.

First of all, I'm not a conservative, I'm a libertarian. But your argument the problem is that liberal views are squelched is bull and you know it. You're just playing stupid games. I'll pass at this point. If your kids went to public schools and you have a critical mind, you know liberal views are acceptable and not others. And if you don't have a critical mind, nothing will get through to you anyway. Please, that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

The teacher who showed the Clinton video was a conservative obviously but I loved his class. It also helped me realize public schools don't always push liberal ideas. Every school is different.

You noticed the one conservative and the 30 liberals never dawned on you.

You noticed the one conservative and the 30 liberals never dawned on you.

Like I said... I live in a very conservative down. Do keep up.
My high school was probably 50/50 if not more conservative than liberal.

First of all, I'm not a conservative, I'm a libertarian. But your argument the problem is that liberal views are squelched is bull and you know it. You're just playing stupid games. I'll pass at this point. If your kids went to public schools and you have a critical mind, you know liberal views are acceptable and not others. And if you don't have a critical mind, nothing will get through to you anyway. Please, that's ridiculous.

I will say it again, I live in a conservative town.
Are you playing dumb for a reason?
And if you are a libertarian how do you feel about being pro choice?

Suuuuure they do personal anecdotes are all the rage :lol:

They were punished? How?

I will say it again, I live in a conservative town.
Are you playing dumb for a reason?
And if you are a libertarian how do you feel about being pro choice?

I'm pro-choice

Not clicking with the concept of a "message board," are you Sparky?

Forum List

Back