A Fight to Decriminalize Cookies (No, Really) Plays Out in Wisconsin

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
But hey, this is the Land of the Free! And don't you forget it!

It is against the law to sell homemade baked goods in Wisconsin. Cookies, brownies, muffins, whatever. Those who violate the law potentially face up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.

The only other state with a baking ban this extreme is New Jersey. There is a bill, SB 330, nicknamed the "Cookie Bill," intended to ease up on this ban and allow home bakers to sell "non-hazardous baked goods" without requiring a commercial license or kitchen. It passed the state's senate on Tuesday but still has to make it through the Assembly.

It is against the law to sell homemade baked goods in Wisconsin. Cookies, brownies, muffins, whatever. Those who violate the law potentially face up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.

The only other state with a baking ban this extreme is New Jersey. There is a bill, SB 330, nicknamed the "Cookie Bill," intended to ease up on this ban and allow home bakers to sell "non-hazardous baked goods" without requiring a commercial license or kitchen. It passed the state's senate on Tuesday but still has to make it through the Assembly.

Sounds extreme, of course, but tell us, if I was cooking up my own blood pressure medication, should I be allowed to sell that at the Church Raffle? Same concept, safe food and drugs.

Sounds extreme, of course, but tell us, if I was cooking up my own blood pressure medication, should I be allowed to sell that at the Church Raffle? Same concept, safe food and drugs.
did you say something?

:cuckoo:

Just stop at sounds extreme and stop being a moron.

We are dealing with a concept here, food and drug safety. It's a fallacy to say well, it's just a cookie. You can get just as dead from that as a bad drug if someone really fucks the pooch. It's not a question of should we regulate, it's only a question of when, where, and how much?

We are dealing with a concept here, food and drug safety. It's a fallacy to say well, it's just a cookie. You can get just as dead from that as a bad drug if someone really fucks the pooch. It's not a question of should we regulate, it's only a question of when, where, and how much?

:bs1:

It is bake sale stuff, if a baking ingredient might do you in, don't buy them. If it is a drug or other noncookie ingredient, a law doesn't bring you back from the dead. C-o-o-k-I-e-s and C-a-k-e-s.

Common sense. Not that you know what that is.

he was born that way.

You do realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject....right?

paintmyhouse probably has tons of enemies, so I can see where buying a bake sale cookie would be high risk...

You do realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject....right?
It is really unclear what the hell he was going for there.

It is really unclear what the hell he was going for there.

My guess is trolling as usual. You see PMH absolutely LOVES totalitarian governments. He extols their supposed virtues whenever possible.

What a retard.

So....what if a well off family wants to host a giant outdoor picnic for their whole street...and wants to cook food for everyone...free of charge? Should that be regulated? If not...then why does simply charging for the food all of a sudden make it unsafe?

Hint: The answer is they want the tax revenue.

It is bake sale stuff, if a baking ingredient might do you in, don't buy them. If it is a drug or other noncookie ingredient, a law doesn't bring you back from the dead. C-o-o-k-I-e-s and C-a-k-e-s.

Common sense is capitalism is regulated, as is the production of food and drugs here, for good reason. When they weren't people sold shit so bad that people died.

Common sense is capitalism is regulated, as is the production of food and drugs here, for good reason. When they weren't people sold shit so bad that people died.

We are not talking commercial food production moron.

Doctors kill 50,000 a year from sloppy negligent work. And it's regulated.

You can't regulate sorrow and sadness into extinction.

Doctors kill 50,000 a year from sloppy negligent work. And it's regulated.

You can't regulate sorrow and sadness into extinction.
now there you go using logic, remember, he has no idea the meaning of that word.

Given how he's repeatedly screwed over his constituents, Scott Walker's probably afraid someone will bring him some cookies laced with rat poison.

Forum List

Back