A glimmer of hope that sanity may be returning to America

if gun control is a joke because criminals don't abide by the law why do we have laws against anything?

Because it prevents law abiding citizens from doing horrible acts.

For instance, I refuse to commit murder because I refuse to spend my life in prison. However, if you legalize murder tomorrow, there are a whole bunch of dirt bags I'm taking out.

(You seriously need that explained to you? :cuckoo:)

I am against most gun control laws but.... really? If the legalized murder tomorrow would kill a bunch of people? You are the sort of mentally unstable people we should be keeping guns away from. :cuckoo:

if gun control is a joke because criminals don't abide by the law why do we have laws against anything?

Because it prevents law abiding citizens from doing horrible acts.

For instance, I refuse to commit murder because I refuse to spend my life in prison. However, if you legalize murder tomorrow, there are a whole bunch of dirt bags I'm taking out.

(You seriously need that explained to you? :cuckoo:)

I am against most gun control laws but.... really? If the legalized murder tomorrow would kill a bunch of people? You are the sort of mentally unstable people we should be keeping guns away from. :cuckoo:

You wouldn't? Really? So you find people who assault women, children, or the ?elderly completely acceptable? You're completely ok with people like the Columbine shooters, or the theater shooter in Colorado? You support the high school athletes who gang raped a 16 year old girl in Ohio?

Wow.... I'd say you are the mentally unstable person we should be keeping guns away from.... If murder was legalized and you would stand by as those people unleash terror on innocent civilians, I'd say it's very clear you are the one with the real issues.

We have laws in place so that when they are broken the offender can be tried. If convicted that offender can be sentenced to serve time in confinement and taken off the street to prevent further crimes.

With the "gun grabbing crowd" they want to prevent crimes by removing one of the lesser tools that criminals use in the commission of a crime.

Note the difference: laws are put in place to try someone who has committed a crime - not to prevent the crime. You can't prevent murder by taking some rifles away from the public - because you are not taking the ones that the criminals have! Brittain is proof of that! A total ban of any guns except for the military and a few special police officers. They still manage to have gun deaths and gun robberies.

What you really want is not the guns. You want to FEEL safe. You can't control the criminals and crazy peole so you think that controlling any gun will help. what you should concentrate on is removing those violent individuals from society. If we actually jailed everyone convicted of a violent act then soon there would be very little violence. If there is very little violence then the gun violence will also be greatly dimminished. Then you will FEEL safer.

the point is gun bans and restrictions are no different than any other ban or restriction. some people will find ways around them, legal or not.

however, obtaining the illegal items will become more and more difficult, especially if the punishments are harsh enough.

some of you might be tempted to say 'yeah, but people can get drugs'

yes, people can. drugs are easily concealed, cheap, and addictive.

know anyone addicted to their guns?

Do you understand the difference between proactive and reactive? The reason I ask is that, if you don't, there is no way to answer your question.

the point is gun bans and restrictions are no different than any other ban or restriction. some people will find ways around them, legal or not.

however, obtaining the illegal items will become more and more difficult, especially if the punishments are harsh enough.

Yes stupid - the criminals who rely on them for their chosen "profession"...

Man, your pattern of irrational thought seriously scares the hell out of me.

Yes stupid - the criminals who rely on them for their chosen "profession"...

Man, your pattern of irrational thought seriously scares the hell out of me.

clearly you don't understand what 'addiction' means.

This cracks me up. Illinois is the lone holdout in our entire nation, yet control advocates insist on hammering away at "logic" that failed in the other 56 states.

The point is "Shall not be infringed."

Forum List

Back