A Home Where the Beefalo Roam

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
dn25406-1_300.jpg

Huh? Beefalo? You kidding? :eusa_whistle:

Not really. They're over grazing the land inside the Grand Canyon federal park where hunting is illegal and park authorities don't know what to do about them. And, I wonder what the meat tastes like. I've had buffalo and it isn't all it's made out to be.

Read the interesting story @ Grand Canyon struggles to repel invading beefalo - life - 11 April 2014 - New Scientist

MMMMMMMMMMMM Beefalo Burgers......

Check out your local "actual" butcher's shops...not the grocery stores. You should be able to find beefalo there. It beats angus hands down. Great flavor....doesn't require a bunch of garnish to make it taste good. Salt. Pepper. Mild cheeze... medium rare....mmmmmmmmmmmm

The problem with buffalo is that it is so lean. Breeding cattle into the line adds that marbling that makes beef better than most game to our "civilized" palates.

Last edited:
Had me a buffalo burger last month, man I wish cows were as tasty.......deer burgers? Almost as good as deer jerky....

Had me a buffalo burger last month, man I wish cows were as tasty.......deer burgers? Almost as good as deer jerky....

Ever make fish jerky? Try salmon...or tuna...or wahoo...or even mahi.

I live near a Buffalo farm which borders a Federal Park. Unfortunately, the real danger to human beings in that federal shit hole are deer that they won't cull.

I live near a Buffalo farm which borders a Federal Park. Unfortunately, the real danger to human beings in that federal shit hole are deer that they won't cull.

Missouri started Elk hunting again....I want to get a ferral pigs but have yet to find any. They are mostly in NE Okiehoma and SE Kanass.

Yeah, the difference between an environmentalist and a conservationist is that a conservationist knows what happens when areas get overpopulated and actually do something about it...environmentalist are fine with disease and starvation that results from not thinning the herd because they don't have a clue.

Missouri started Elk hunting again....I want to get a ferral pigs but have yet to find any. They are mostly in NE Okiehoma and SE Kanass.

Visit Florida...they are a plague down there.

Around here they are offering bounties for the feral pigs, are they in Florida?

Yeah, the difference between an environmentalist and a conservationist is that a conservationist knows what happens when areas get overpopulated and actually do something about it...environmentalist are fine with disease and starvation that results from not thinning the herd because they don't have a clue.

Yeah, I get to hear it all the time. I really love when they tell me I am a monster for even eating meat.. I invite them over for steaks....

I don't think so, but I do think they will let you hunt on federal or state land without a license.

We get a few around here in central NC. I know a few hunting clubs that will let you hunt off season to kill them off. They are actually quite tasty compared to farm raised pigs.

I don't think so, but I do think they will let you hunt on federal or state land without a license.

We get a few around here in central NC. I know a few hunting clubs that will let you hunt off season to kill them off. They are actually quite tasty compared to farm raised pigs.

Just think of all the tanned hide products from a 300-700 pound pig and all the free lard, that you can sell to the Mexicans...

Nope.

White tail deer are the biggest wildlife management failure in our history. Thanks to hunters, they were just about wiped out. Now, thanks to managing to increase browse, they have more fawns, no natural predators and they've become vermin. And, thanks to hunters, they're victims to CWD and other diseases.

If there are so many deer, why do the feds pay deer farms to raise and release more?

Cattle trash our public lands and tax payers subsidize welfare ranching.

Just think of all the tanned hide products from a 300-700 pound pig and all the free lard, that you can sell to the Mexicans...

I haven't ever had a shot at one of those monsters. Most that I have seen have been in the 125 to 200 pound range and were pretty lean. We use lard in my house.

I haven't ever had a shot at one of those monsters. Most that I have seen have been in the 125 to 200 pound range and were pretty lean. We use lard in my house.

My uncle and I used to hunt them with bows and arrows to make it more sporting.. We used to hunt rabbits with hipped holstered six shooters, that we would only draw when the rabbit was running....

Forum List

Back