🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A left winger learns the truth about global warming...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is an essay by a lefty who decided to actually learn about global warming...and came to realize the truth...

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/10/...ch-from-climate-proponent-to-climate-skeptic/

Recently, a friend challenged those assumptions. At first, I was annoyed, because I thought the science really was settled. As I started to look at the data and read about climate science, I was surprised, then shocked. As I learned more, I changed my mind. I now think there probably is no climate crisis and that the focus on CO2 takes funding and attention from critical environmental problems. I’ll start by making ten short statements that should challenge your assumptions and then back them up with an essay.

1 Weather is not climate. There are no studies showing a conclusive link between global warming and increased frequency or intensity of storms, droughts, floods, cold or heat waves.

2 Natural variation in weather and climate is tremendous. Most of what people call “global warming” is natural.

3 There is tremendous uncertainty as to how the climate really works. Climate models are not yet skillful; predictions are unresolved.

4 New research shows that fluctuations in energy from the sun correlate very strongly with changes in earth’s temperature, at both long and short time scales.

5 CO2 has very little to do with it. All the decarbonization we can do isn’t going to change the climate much.

6 There is no such thing as “carbon pollution.” Carbon dioxide is coming out of your nose right now; it is not a poisonous gas. CO2 concentrations in previous eras have been many times higher than they are today.

7 Sea level will probably continue to rise, naturally and slowly. Researchers have found no link between CO2 and sea level.

8 The Arctic experiences natural variation as well, with some years warmer earlier than others. Polar bear numbers are up, not down. They have more to do with hunting permits than CO2*.

Granny says, "Dat's right - we all like a frog inna cookin' kettle...

Climate change: 2015 seems set to break record as warmest year
Wednesday 21st October, 2015 | WASHINGTON - Adding to the growing evidence of climate change, the latest weather data analysis by the US-based National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration shows that 2015 could break the record set last year of being the hottest year in the 136-year recorded data.
The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for September 2015 was the highest for the month in 136 years at 0.90 deg C (1.62 deg F) above the 20th century average of 15.0 deg C (59.0 deg F), surpassing the previous record set last year in 2014 by 0.12 deg C (0.19 deg F), stated the US agency that tracks worldwide temperatures. September marks the fifth consecutive month a monthly high temperature record has been set and is the highest departure from average for any month among all 1629 months in the record that began in January 1880. The September temperature is currently increasing at an average rate of 0.06 deg C (0.11 deg F) per decade.

5969d05c0eb45818.jpg

Separately, the September average temperature across global land surfaces was 1.16 deg C (2.09 deg F) above the 20th century average, also the highest for September on record. Scientists are now all but certain that the full year will be the hottest on record, too. Coming ahead of the global climate conference scheduled for Paris in early December, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's report is certain to add pressure on delegates at the conference to act now to contain climate-related disasters, which are on the rise around the world.

While the El Nino effect is widely believed to be responsible for the rising temperature in most parts across the world, there are pointers that weather patterns are indeed changing. "We have no reason at this point to think that El Nino itself is responding to the forcing from greenhouse gases. You can think of them as independent and adding to each other," said Richard Seager, a climate scientist at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University, reported the New York Times. "Record warmth was observed across northeastern Africa stretching into the Middle East, part of southeastern Asia, most of the northern half of South America, and parts of central and eastern North America.

MORE

Ya can't fight what the sun's doin'...

French Mathematicians Blast UN’s ‘Costly & Pointless Crusade’ Against Global Warming
October 29, 2015 – As the United Nations gears up for its next international conference on climate change in Paris next month (COP 21), a scathing white paper released by a society of French mathematicians calls its fight against global warming “absurd” and “a costly and pointless crusade”.
“You would probably have to go quite a long way back in human…history to find [such a] mad obsession,” according to a translated summary of the document released in September by the Paris-based Société de Calcul Mathématique SA. The mathematicians harshly criticized a “crusade [that] has invaded every area of activity and everyone’s thinking," noting that "the battle [against] CO2 has become a national priority.

cop_21.jpg

"How have we reached this point in a country that claims to be rational?” they ask, adding that mathematicians “do not believe in crusades. They look at facts, figures, comments and arguments.” “There is not a single fact, figure…[or] observation that leads us to conclude the world’s climate is in any way ‘disturbed,” the paper states. “It is variable, as it has always been. … Modern methods are far from being able to accurately measure the planet’s overall temperature even today, so measurements made 50 or 100 years ago are even less reliable.”

Noting that concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) have “always” varied, the French mathematicians also said that after processing the raw data on hurricanes themselves, they verified that “they are no more frequent now than they have been in the past.” “We are being told that a temperature increase of more than 2 degrees C[elsius] by comparison with the beginning of the industrial age would have dramatic consequences and absolutely has to be prevented. "When they hear this, people worry. Has there not already been an increase of 1.9 degrees C? “Actually, no. The figures for the period 1995-2015 show an upward trend of about 1 degree C every hundred years! Of course, these figures, [which] contradict public policies, are never brought to public attention,” the white paper stated.

MORE

This is an essay by a lefty who decided to actually learn about global warming...and came to realize the truth...

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/10/...ch-from-climate-proponent-to-climate-skeptic/

Recently, a friend challenged those assumptions. At first, I was annoyed, because I thought the science really was settled. As I started to look at the data and read about climate science, I was surprised, then shocked. As I learned more, I changed my mind. I now think there probably is no climate crisis and that the focus on CO2 takes funding and attention from critical environmental problems. I’ll start by making ten short statements that should challenge your assumptions and then back them up with an essay.

1 Weather is not climate. There are no studies showing a conclusive link between global warming and increased frequency or intensity of storms, droughts, floods, cold or heat waves.

2 Natural variation in weather and climate is tremendous. Most of what people call “global warming” is natural.

3 There is tremendous uncertainty as to how the climate really works. Climate models are not yet skillful; predictions are unresolved.

4 New research shows that fluctuations in energy from the sun correlate very strongly with changes in earth’s temperature, at both long and short time scales.

5 CO2 has very little to do with it. All the decarbonization we can do isn’t going to change the climate much.

6 There is no such thing as “carbon pollution.” Carbon dioxide is coming out of your nose right now; it is not a poisonous gas. CO2 concentrations in previous eras have been many times higher than they are today.

7 Sea level will probably continue to rise, naturally and slowly. Researchers have found no link between CO2 and sea level.

8 The Arctic experiences natural variation as well, with some years warmer earlier than others. Polar bear numbers are up, not down. They have more to do with hunting permits than CO2*.

Yeah, I read it. It was just generic climate change denial.

Forum List

Back