A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American'

A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American' - CNN
(CNN)An Illinois park is investigating after a woman accused one of its police officers of standing by as a man harassed her for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, saying it was un-American.

Mia Irizarry says she was trying to celebrate her 24th birthday in the Forest Preserves of Cook County last month when the man approached her asking her why she was wearing the sleeveless Puerto Rico flag shirt, which also had "Puerto Rico" written below the V neckline.

Irizarry recorded the encounter on her phone, saying she felt threatened, and posted the video to Facebook.

On Monday, Forest Preserves of Cook County tweeted that it was aware of the June 14 incident and video.

‏"After the incident, we immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer," it said, in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.​

So my only question is since Puerto Rico is a part of "America" anyone convinced that this wasn't "racism"?
In other news, Joe Armond of Buffalo, NY picked 5 straight blue M&M's in a row out of a bag.

Racism is bad, but CNN makes racism worst than murder or rape and CNN is always one sided on racism.

I posted the exact same video from ABC and CBS, but I guess unless it came from FOX, then you will dismiss it.

It's such a small incident that it's not News worthy other than to create racial tensions.

You know, for once I thought you men out there would not be on this asshole's side when he was clearly harassing this woman and especially when his dumbass didn't even know that PR was a US territory and theose born there were indeed US citizens. I guess I should have known better.

Oh, and that deal about not touching her is no reason to "stand your ground." There are plenty of instances where it was used when people who weren't touched did just that. It doesn't say you have to be touched, it just says you have to fear for your safety. He was clearly threatening to her and she did fear for her safety because she kept calling for that do nothing cop who probably was on the attackers side.
One more time and I'll type real slow for you.

Find someone who supports the Second Amendment who has said it was okay to shoot someone who hasn't touched you?

BTW....simply pointing out your hypocrisy is in no way an endorsement of this clowns behavior. Get that through your head right from the start.
Where I live, a man was threatening a family and was outside of their house. He broke down the door started in with his fists raised and a neighbor came over and shot and killed him. He wasn't charged because he was threatening violence against the neighbor. They said it was the stand your ground defense. If you like, I can try and find it as it was in our local paper here.
Wow, just wow.

When you break and enter, that is a crime and a direct threat on your person. In addition, that is NOT what I asked you. I asked you to find someone here or in elected office that has promoted shooting someone who was yelling at a person but never put their hands on them.

Please read what is written and reply to that and that only.[/QUOTE

Well, cops shoot unarmed people who never put their hands on them almost daily. It's all over the news, also on a daily basis, but I guess because it was done by a cowardly cop, then it's okay. Their defense is that they felt threatened. Those shot and killed by them weren't even up in their faces, they were several feet away with their hands in the air, or in some cases, running away and shot in the back. And speaking of cowardly cops, that one wouldn't help that woman and none would until more showed up.
I can see you have no intention of staying on the topic at hand.

Get back to Me when you show the same outrage at conservative and right-leaning people are abused and attacked like this lady was.

I posted this over in the Politics group and the men there are defending this asshole. They are blaming the woman for his harassing her.

Many RWs still don't know PR is part of the US. Like trump, for example.

Remember when trump was lying about Obama being a Muslin, Kenyan, Communist, whatever, RWs then didn't know Hawaii is a state. My bet is that trump didn't either.
You were one of the assholes cheering because that old lady got smacked around by antifa

You know, for once I thought you men out there would not be on this asshole's side when he was clearly harassing this woman and especially when his dumbass didn't even know that PR was a US territory and theose born there were indeed US citizens. I guess I should have known better.

Oh, and that deal about not touching her is no reason to "stand your ground." There are plenty of instances where it was used when people who weren't touched did just that. It doesn't say you have to be touched, it just says you have to fear for your safety. He was clearly threatening to her and she did fear for her safety because she kept calling for that do nothing cop who probably was on the attackers side.

Find someone who supports the Second Amendment who has said it was okay to shoot someone who hasn't touched you?

BTW....simply pointing out your hypocrisy is in no way an endorsement of this clowns behavior. Get that through your head right from the start.
Where I live, a man was threatening a family and was outside of their house. He broke down the door started in with his fists raised and a neighbor came over and shot and killed him. He wasn't charged because he was threatening violence against the neighbor. They said it was the stand your ground defense. If you like, I can try and find it as it was in our local paper here.
Wow, just wow.

When you break and enter, that is a crime and a direct threat on your person. In addition, that is NOT what I asked you. I asked you to find someone here or in elected office that has promoted shooting someone who was yelling at a person but never put their hands on them.

Well, cops shoot unarmed people who never put their hands on them almost daily. It's all over the news, also on a daily basis, but I guess because it was done by a cowardly cop, then it's okay. Their defense is that they felt threatened. Those shot and killed by them weren't even up in their faces, they were several feet away with their hands in the air, or in some cases, running away and shot in the back. And speaking of cowardly cops, that one wouldn't help that woman and none would until more showed up.

Get back to Me when you show the same outrage at conservative and right-leaning people are abused and attacked like this lady was.
Show us some examples....with the cop doing nothing.

I posted this over in the Politics group and the men there are defending this asshole. They are blaming the woman for his harassing her.

He's certainly being an ass in my opinion but alas the days of chivalry went out with the liberal war on men and rise of the these kinda gals.. ( not totally though )
2253604412_tolerant_liberal_zpsa3501e2d_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

I have no clue what participated this post but I certainly do not have to wait until I have been assaulted before defending myself with deadly force.

Wow, just wow.

No, but I'll show you examples of the left cheering the harassment of conservatives by people invading their space and yelling at them if you'd like. A very famous one happened in a restaurant not too long ago. In fact, they not only harassed her, they chased her companions across the street. I'm sure you remember the incident? Yes? Maybe the one where the Sec. Homeland Security? I"m sure you remember that one too!

Got any outrage for that when it was happening? After the fact to justify your outrage in this thread is hypocrisy.

I hope I'm doing this right. this is my first posting with a video attached. If it doesn't come through, can someone correct it for me?

Thanks

Ohhhh noooo....the guy almost touched her....the nerve.

He got right up in her face and invaded her space in a pavilion she rented. Plus he showed his uneducated ignorance about Puerto Rico.

Yup, and almost touched her. Ummm...rented a pavilion, isn't this a public park, they don't rent pavilions.

Of course they do...all the time. Where do you live where they don't?

Wow, just wow.

No, but I'll show you examples of the left cheering the harassment of conservatives by people invading their space and yelling at them if you'd like. A very famous one happened in a restaurant not too long ago. In fact, they not only harassed her, they chased her companions across the street. I'm sure you remember the incident? Yes? Maybe the one where the Sec. Homeland Security? I"m sure you remember that one too!

Got any outrage for that when it was happening? After the fact to justify your outrage in this thread is hypocrisy.
Where's the video? Where's the complaint to the police? Where's the police doing nothing?

A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American' - CNN
(CNN)An Illinois park is investigating after a woman accused one of its police officers of standing by as a man harassed her for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, saying it was un-American.

Mia Irizarry says she was trying to celebrate her 24th birthday in the Forest Preserves of Cook County last month when the man approached her asking her why she was wearing the sleeveless Puerto Rico flag shirt, which also had "Puerto Rico" written below the V neckline.

Irizarry recorded the encounter on her phone, saying she felt threatened, and posted the video to Facebook.

On Monday, Forest Preserves of Cook County tweeted that it was aware of the June 14 incident and video.

‏"After the incident, we immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer," it said, in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.​

So my only question is since Puerto Rico is a part of "America" anyone convinced that this wasn't "racism"?

Who cares?

Independence for Puerto Rico. It’s time we got behind that.

Wow, just wow.

Where's the video? Where's the complaint to the police? Where's the police doing nothing?
Did anyone get arrested in either incident? Was anyone arrested for inciting violence by Democrat Mad Maxine?

Like I said, I just like to expose the hypocrisy of you clowns.

Next time some crazed leftist - who is not even drunk - waylays and harasses a right-leaning person on the street, I can count on you to be first in line to demand they are arrested.

Forum List

Back