A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American'

I hope I'm doing this right. this is my first posting with a video attached. If it doesn't come through, can someone correct it for me?

Thanks

Ohhhh noooo....the guy almost touched her....the nerve.

He got right up in her face and invaded her space in a pavilion she rented. Plus he showed his uneducated ignorance about Puerto Rico.

Yup, and almost touched her. Ummm...rented a pavilion, isn't this a public park, they don't rent pavilions.

What's with these drunk trumpanzees?
And so far, many are perfectly fine about what he did. He got right up in her face and invaded her space. If it had been the other way around, some of these knuckle dragging yahoos here would have been fine with her being blown away with an AR-15. Stand your ground an all that, doncha know....
and his ignorance about not knowing that Puerto Rico is a US territory.....I can't even....

A man harasses a woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt, saying it's 'un-American' - CNN
(CNN)An Illinois park is investigating after a woman accused one of its police officers of standing by as a man harassed her for wearing a shirt with the Puerto Rican flag, saying it was un-American.

Mia Irizarry says she was trying to celebrate her 24th birthday in the Forest Preserves of Cook County last month when the man approached her asking her why she was wearing the sleeveless Puerto Rico flag shirt, which also had "Puerto Rico" written below the V neckline.

Irizarry recorded the encounter on her phone, saying she felt threatened, and posted the video to Facebook.

On Monday, Forest Preserves of Cook County tweeted that it was aware of the June 14 incident and video.

‏"After the incident, we immediately launched an investigation pursuant to our personnel policies into the response of our officer," it said, in a series of posts on Twitter.

"The investigation is ongoing and the officer involved has been assigned to desk duty pending the outcome. The intoxicated individual involved in the incident was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct.​

So my only question is since Puerto Rico is a part of "America" anyone convinced that this wasn't "racism"?
Cracker America

I hope I'm doing this right. this is my first posting with a video attached. If it doesn't come through, can someone correct it for me?

Thanks

He got right up in her face and invaded her space in a pavilion she rented. Plus he showed his uneducated ignorance about Puerto Rico.

Yup, and almost touched her. Ummm...rented a pavilion, isn't this a public park, they don't rent pavilions.

FFS! She said she rented and had a receipt!

And so far, many are perfectly fine about what he did. He got right up in her face and invaded her space. If it had been the other way around, some of these knuckle dragging yahoos here would have been fine with her being blown away with an AR-15. Stand your ground an all that, doncha know....
and his ignorance about not knowing that Puerto Rico is a US territory.....I can't even....
Just like the libtards defended ANTIFAS attack on the elderly woman yesterday! Get over it.

Thanks

FFS! She said she rented and had a receipt!

Yeah, sure didn't hear that in the video....you aren't trying to BS us are you?

If only you were as outraged by the harassment of conservatives on the behest of elected Democrats.

But one glaring thing about this which destroys any credibility you may think you have.

1. You will NOT find any advocate of the Second Amendment supporting a version of the Stand your Ground law that permits them to shoot someone who has not touched them.

This either makes you a brainwashed hack, or some low IQ leftist.

You can choose as I don't really care which.

thank god for the washington post for keeping us abreast of the stories that really matter
Are you kidding? How many outrage threads have there been in the past week on some leftie giving a public official lip in a public place? It's CRIMINAL, I tell ya.

This is twice as good, considering the idiot thinks Puerto Rico is a foreign country. lol

I just think "stories" like this one are beneath the standards of a supposedly serious news organization like WaPo. When I searched it on youtube, turns out most of the mainstream media is hyping this event as if it's earth shattering news. Pretty obvious to me why they're making such a big deal about it. Ten years ago drunk guys saying stupid shit didn't make the headlines but now...anything to further the narrative I guess.

Thanks

And for some reason this was a big enough issue CCN felt it was necessary to contact the Governor of Puerto Rico. You'd almost think he would have more important things to do.

Thanks

And for some reason this was a big enough issue CCN felt it was necessary to contact the Governor of Puerto Rico. You'd almost think he would have more important things to do.

You'd almost think?

Thanks

You'd almost think?

Yup, sometimes I think, other times I almost think.

Thanks

I would have harassed her too: A chick in a tshirt is useless unless there's some water around to make the shirt wet, so we can see what she has underneath it.

Thanks

I would have harassed her too: A chick in a tshirt is useless unless there's some water around to make the shirt wet, so we can see what she has underneath it.

I dunno, sometimes there just isn't enough water.

You know, for once I thought you men out there would not be on this asshole's side when he was clearly harassing this woman and especially when his dumbass didn't even know that PR was a US territory and theose born there were indeed US citizens. I guess I should have known better.

Oh, and that deal about not touching her is no reason to "stand your ground." There are plenty of instances where it was used when people who weren't touched did just that. It doesn't say you have to be touched, it just says you have to fear for your safety. He was clearly threatening to her and she did fear for her safety because she kept calling for that do nothing cop who probably was on the attackers side.

You know, for once I thought you men out there would not be on this asshole's side when he was clearly harassing this woman and especially when his dumbass didn't even know that PR was a US territory and theose born there were indeed US citizens. I guess I should have known better.

Oh, and that deal about not touching her is no reason to "stand your ground." There are plenty of instances where it was used when people who weren't touched did just that. It doesn't say you have to be touched, it just says you have to fear for your safety. He was clearly threatening to her and she did fear for her safety because she kept calling for that do nothing cop who probably was on the attackers side.
One more time and I'll type real slow for you.

Find someone who supports the Second Amendment who has said it was okay to shoot someone who hasn't touched you?

BTW....simply pointing out your hypocrisy is in no way an endorsement of this clowns behavior. Get that through your head right from the start.

Forum List

Back