A Menendez Family Reunion...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Menendez brothers, serving life for murdering their parents, are reunited in San Diego prison

The Menendez brothers, who were convicted of murdering their parents in their Beverly Hills mansion nearly three decades ago, have been reunited.

California corrections department spokeswoman Terry Thornton says 47-year-old Erik Menendez has moved into the same housing unit as his 50-year-old brother, Lyle Menendez.

The brothers are serving life sentences for fatally shooting their parents, Jose and Kitty Menendez, in 1989.

Lyle Menendez was moved in February from Mule Creek State Prison in Northern California to San Diego's R.J. Donovan Correctional Facility, where his brother was being held in a separate housing unit.

Thornton says Eric moved Wednesday into the same facility, where inmates regularly interact in rehabilitation programs.

The brothers say the murders followed sexual abuse by their father. Prosecutors said during the high-profile trial that the sons wanted their parents' multimillion-dollar estate.

I thought that among the many threads on partisan politics I would post a feel good story. Two brothers reunited after over 20 years...

I'm sorry...

Sometimes these heartfelt reunions make me cry...

rzqKX_s-200x150.gif

At least they didn't have to pretend to like their mother's potato salad, or get into another argument with their dad like they did at their last reunion.

Forum List

Back