A message to LGBT: Your alliance with the abortion lobby is no longer useful to you, dump it

It doesn't matter what position gays take concerning abortion. Many on the Christain Right are never going to accept gay people, their marriages, and/or, the fact they are adopting children.
I disagree. The TV show Modern Family portrays a gay married couple, and we are not seeing right-wing Christians even attempting to blackball the show.

The gays need babies now, if they want to adopt, and abortion is keeping them from doing that by decreasing the supply of babies by more than one million per year.

Pro-aborts are now a liability, because they are disliked by almost everyone, even most pro-choicers dislike the pro-aborts who run the abortion mills. It's time for gays to dump these unpopular folks and embrace life.

Abortion Facts| Facts on Abortion | Abortion Facts and Statistics

Many on the Christian Right are opposed to same sex adoption so I am not sure if simply being pro-life would change their minds.

By the way, Bryan Fischer, Mary Hicks, Evan Martell, and, One Million Moms have all expressed outrage over Modern Family and its positive representations of a gay family. It doesn't matter what gays do concerning abortion as these people are never going to accept gay people.
Well, of course there will always be individuals who oppose the gay agenda, but my idea hasn't been tried, so you can't be sure I'm wrong.

Also, I've never heard of any of these folks. In Catholic Church, the priests never even talk about this issue, or Modern Family, or any of it. It's not even on the Catholic radar. Surely, there will never be a same-sex wedding in a Catholic Church, but Catholics don't care what happens in other churches. And if gays were suddenly on our side on abortion, they would find the favor returned ten-fold.

You honestly believe if a majority of gays suddenly became pro-life the Christain Right is going to support same-sex adoption? I sure as hell don't.

Even though you've never heard of the aforementioned people doesn't change the fact that they are opposed to Modern Family and are members of the Christian Right.

You seem to be approaching this from a soley Catholic perspective. Catholics are a bit more tolerant of gay people then Evangelicals. Besides, a majority of Catholics already support same-sex marriage.

Tell me why this is funny Dragonlady. Don't just lurk there, tell us why you think this is funny.
It’s funny because you think all gay Americans are ‘the same.’

There are gay Americans who are just as conservative and just as hostile to the privacy rights of women as you and others on the social right.

Your thread premise is bigoted idiocy.

A message to the LGBT movement: Your alliance with the abortion lobby is no longer useful to you. Dump it.

You have convinced millions of Americans that you want to abandon the traditionally promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuality, and instead form lasting, monogamous relationships. You have captured for yourselves the ultimate prize of the Christian right, the institution of marriage. You are adopting children, and forming nuclear families. In other words, you are trying to blend into the fabric of straight society, and become what every Christian right-wing person admires, a loving, married couple with children.

The only problem is, you're not all the way there yet. Your allies, the pro-abortion lobby, who helped you get you here, have now become a liability. And so long as you continue to assist and support them, you will remain the enemies of most right-wing Christians.

And that is something you don't want to do, because the Christian right is still far more powerful than any other lobby in this country, and their continuing opposition to your agenda is what's slowing you down.

If you want to win over right-wing Christians, I mean REALLY win them over, you should abandon your support of abortion and become as stridently pro-life as they are.

And here's the reason you should do this:

You need babies, and right now babies are hard to get. You can't make your own babies, so you need to adopt them from straight people. But so long as 3000 unborn babies are aborted each day, it will be difficult to adopt babies. So you have to go to foreign countries to adopt, and that is expensive and time consuming.

Why not work in your own self-interest instead of against it? Every baby aborted is a baby that can't be adopted by a gay couple. And working the numbers, the vast majority of gay couples will never be able to adopt, there just aren't enough babies to go around.

Also, if you adopt the pro-life position, you will convince right-wing Christians that you aren't so immoral after all. I think opposition to same-sex marriage is already dying out, but opposition to abortion is as strong as ever, and getting stronger every year. The younger generation is more pro-life than their parents, and I believe that their children will be even more pro-life then them.

Pro-life is the future of America. Our society is growing weary of the blood being spilt every day in the name of "choice" and wonders why there is the need for the endless human sacrifice for a procedure that is completely unnecessary except for the rare situation that a woman's life is endangered by the pregnancy.

What I'm saying is that you don't want to be the last ones holding the flag of "pro-choice" when that position has been abandoned by all but the most strident of pro-aborts. And when that happens, what is happening to opponents of same-sex marriage now, will happen to the pro-aborts. They will be shamed, they will be blackballed, and they will be cast into the outer darkness.

You think right-wing Christians are "haters"? Try this on for size, tell a right-wing Christian how much you hate abortion and see how he or she reacts. I think you will see I am right, suddenly they will discover you're not so bad, and maybe letting you get married wasn't the end of the world.

60% of Americans support keeping Roe v Wade as the law of the land.

We don't have laws, dumb ass...we have acts, statutes and codes, ya stupid fuck...we are under the UCC and admiralty law...not Common Law which is the law of the land. We lost that over 137 years ago....wake the fuck up.

pro choice is settled law but if the anti choice Christian person really wishes to see less abortion in the world then they would be more accepting of any loving adult partnership that wishes to adopt unwanted babies...
Thank you for saying that. I'm glad you're on board.

But nothing is settled law. Alexis de Tocqueville said, in Chapter XV of Democracy in America, Volume One (1835):

"Laws are always unstable unless they are founded on the manners of a nation; and manners are the only durable and resisting power in a people."

Roe v. Wade, allowing abortion for any reason, even convenience, through all nine months of pregnancy, is not founded on the manners of the American people. Most Americans don't even know the law allows abortion to this extent.

The current abortion law was imposed on the people through undemocratic means, and therefore inherently unstable in a country where people expect to democratically determine what the law should be.

So Roe v. Wade will either be overthrown, or gradually whittled away by the states until there is nothing left.

Gays can get on the right side of this process, by taking a principled stand for life. Also, the benefit of more living babies will accrue directly to them, since there will be more babies to adopt.

Pro-aborts have become a millstone around the gays' neck. It's time to throw them overboard.

constitutionally protected privacy in the first trimester is settled law...

Blackrook, do you support same-sex couples adopting children?

A message to the LGBT movement: Your alliance with the abortion lobby is no longer useful to you. Dump it.

You have convinced millions of Americans that you want to abandon the traditionally promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuality, and instead form lasting, monogamous relationships. You have captured for yourselves the ultimate prize of the Christian right, the institution of marriage. You are adopting children, and forming nuclear families. In other words, you are trying to blend into the fabric of straight society, and become what every Christian right-wing person admires, a loving, married couple with children.

The only problem is, you're not all the way there yet. Your allies, the pro-abortion lobby, who helped you get you here, have now become a liability. And so long as you continue to assist and support them, you will remain the enemies of most right-wing Christians.

And that is something you don't want to do, because the Christian right is still far more powerful than any other lobby in this country, and their continuing opposition to your agenda is what's slowing you down.

If you want to win over right-wing Christians, I mean REALLY win them over, you should abandon your support of abortion and become as stridently pro-life as they are.

You need babies, and right now babies are hard to get. You can't make your own babies, so you need to adopt them from straight people. But so long as 3000 unborn babies are aborted each day, it will be difficult to adopt babies. So you have to go to foreign countries to adopt, and that is expensive and time consuming.

Why not work in your own self-interest instead of against it? Every baby aborted is a baby that can't be adopted by a gay couple. And working the numbers, the vast majority of gay couples will never be able to adopt, there just aren't enough babies to go around.

Also, if you adopt the pro-life position, you will convince right-wing Christians that you aren't so immoral after all. I think opposition to same-sex marriage is already dying out, but opposition to abortion is as strong as ever, and getting stronger every year. The younger generation is more pro-life than their parents, and I believe that their children will be even more pro-life then them.

Pro-life is the future of America. Our society is growing weary of the blood being spilt every day in the name of "choice" and wonders why there is the need for the endless human sacrifice for a procedure that is completely unnecessary except for the rare situation that a woman's life is endangered by the pregnancy.

What I'm saying is that you don't want to be the last ones holding the flag of "pro-choice" when that position has been abandoned by all but the most strident of pro-aborts. And when that happens, what is happening to opponents of same-sex marriage now, will happen to the pro-aborts. They will be shamed, they will be blackballed, and they will be cast into the outer darkness.

You think right-wing Christians are "haters"? Try this on for size, tell a right-wing Christian how much you hate abortion and see how he or she reacts. I think you will see I am right, suddenly they will discover you're not so bad, and maybe letting you get married wasn't the end of the world.

Are you serious? The LGBT community doesn't care about becoming BFFs with so called Christians. They just want them to STFU and quit trying to deny their rights.
Gays do care about being friends with Christians, so you are wrong. Gays have Christian parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, co-workers.

I can't speak for all Christians, but I am a Christian and I can tell you that if the LGBT movement declared itself pro-life, it would be a turning point for the gays.

I have been branded as "hateful" by some for my comments on the "gender identity" paragraph in the 5th edition Players Handbook. Even a mod called me "hateful."

What I'm saying is that I'm not "hateful" at all. My son has a gay friend, who has a gay husband, and if they come back to Nevada, they are both welcome to play D&D in my campaign.

And what I'm doing here is offer an olive branch to all members of LGBTQ. You are not the real enemy, because what you do is not through wickedness, but through spiritual weakness (one theory), or through genetic destiny (another theory). To me, you are no more evil than an alchoholic, gambling addict, or anyone who has impulses that they can't control (almost all of us).

But pro-aborts are enemies because they hate human life itself and destroy it. If they do not seek forgiveness, they are certainly damned to hell.

Why does the LGBT movement want to continue down this road hand-in-hand with people who kill babies? It makes no goddamn sense. They helped you when no one else would, but you helped them back. You don't owe them anything.

I think if you come to Christians and say, "I want to help you save babies," Christians will drop all opposition to you and welcome you with open arms.

This is an olive branch. Think about it, and don't listen to leftists who say this peace accord can't happen. They don't understand Christianity, and never have. They can't get in the minds of Christians, and can't predict what we will do.
You are both hateful and ignorant, this post is proof of that.

As a fact of settled, accepted Constitutional law an embryo/fetus is not a ‘baby.’

No one advocates ‘killing babies.’

Again, your thread premise is unmitigated idiocy.

Are you serious? The LGBT community doesn't care about becoming BFFs with so called Christians. They just want them to STFU and quit trying to deny their rights.
Gays do care about being friends with Christians, so you are wrong. Gays have Christian parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, co-workers.

I can't speak for all Christians, but I am a Christian and I can tell you that if the LGBT movement declared itself pro-life, it would be a turning point for the gays.

Gays don't need a 'turning point'.

Fuck the LGBT, fuck their offshoot group GLSEN that is going around schools extolling the virtues of being a queer and fuck Common Core that has mandated a same sex agenda be taught. These perverted, genetic freaks are a fucking POX on this nation.....makes me sick to my stomach to see what has become of this nation.
Another hateful, rightwing nitwit chimes in.

Blackrook, do you support same-sex couple adopting children?
No, but I am not actively opposing it, like I actively oppose abortion. Abortion is a much bigger issue for me. And I'd rather a baby live and be adopted by a gay couple than to die in an abortion clinic. You can't even compare the two.

:lol:

Pro-aborts have become a millstone around the gays' neck. It's time to throw them overboard.

i know you realize how silly this statement is...

2994824-%E6%81%8B%E9%AD%9A%E3%81%AE%E3%83%95%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%81%AE%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%81%AE%E9%A4%8C%E3%81%AE%E6%BC%AB%E7%94%BB%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88.jpg

Gays don't need a 'turning point'.
If you're straight, I'm not interested in your opinion right now. Of course you're against this. You want to keep gays on the leftist anti-Christian reservation, even when it is no longer in their interest.

I have been branded as "hateful" by some for my comments on the "gender identity" paragraph in the 5th edition Players Handbook. Even a mod called me "hateful."

What I'm saying is that I'm not "hateful" at all. My son has a gay friend, who has a gay husband, and if they come back to Nevada, they are both welcome to play D&D in my campaign.

And what I'm doing here is offer an olive branch to all members of LGBTQ. You are not the real enemy, because what you do is not through wickedness, but through spiritual weakness (one theory), or through genetic destiny (another theory). To me, you are no more evil than an alchoholic, gambling addict, or anyone who has impulses that they can't control (almost all of us).

But pro-aborts are enemies because they hate human life itself and destroy it. If they do not seek forgiveness, they are certainly damned to hell.

Why does the LGBT movement want to continue down this road hand-in-hand with people who kill babies? It makes no goddamn sense. They helped you when no one else would, but you helped them back. You don't owe them anything.

I think if you come to Christians and say, "I want to help you save babies," Christians will drop all opposition to you and welcome you with open arms.

This is an olive branch. Think about it, and don't listen to leftists who say this peace accord can't happen. They don't understand Christianity, and never have. They can't get in the minds of Christians, and can't predict what we will do.
:itsok:

Fuck the LGBT, fuck their offshoot group GLSEN that is going around schools extolling the virtues of being a queer and fuck Common Core that has mandated a same sex agenda be taught. These perverted, genetic freaks are a fucking POX on this nation.....makes me sick to my stomach to see what has become of this nation.
Another hateful, rightwing nitwit chimes in.

Coming from a queer loving leftard like you? I just can't find it within myself to feel even slightly offended.

It is in LGBT's best interest to make peace with right-wing Christians and Catholics. There are millions of us and we have a lot of power in this country. If we dropped our opposition to your agenda, the sky would be the limit for you. What I'm saying is, become pro-life and you will see attitudes change for the better. One of the main reasons we oppose you now is because of your alliance with Planned Parenthood and the pro-aborts. Throw off that alliance, and you will see a sea-change.

Forum List

Back