PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet

Sometimes the atrocities trumpeted in the headlines cause us to miss small, meaningful events.....such as the following:

1. "....Islamic terrorism never seems to leave the front page. This week Taliban suicide fighters slaughtered about 20 students randomly at a university in Pakistan; a suicide bomber in Kabul killed seven; and a 1400-year old Christian monastery in Iraq was obliterated by ISIS.

2. .... it would be quite false to think that all Muslims endorse these atrocities. Some live up to the oft-quoted verse from the Qur’an: “if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind” (Surah 5, verse 32).

3. Such was Salah Farah, a 40-year-old Kenyan Muslim and a father of five children who died on Sunday evening at Kenyatta National Hospital in Nairobi.

4. Farah was deputy headmaster at Mandera County Primary School in northern Kenya. On December 21 he was on a commuter bus on his way back from classes in Nairobi. At about 7am four terrorists from Al-Shabaab, a Somali group allied to al-Qaeda, sprang an ambush. The bus stopped.

5. The 60 passengers all knew what was going to happen next. In 2014 terrorists stopped another bus in the same region, divided the passengers by religion, and shot dead 28 non-Muslims.

But not this time.

6. The militants ordered the passengers off. “The women who were Muslims started removing their hijabs and lesos [decorative scarves] and handing them to the non-Muslims,” Farah recalled.
They were ordered into a field.
"We were told to separate — the Christians, this side, the Muslims, this side," Farah said.

But Farah and the others refused.

"We asked them to kill all of us or leave us alone. As we argued, they shot me.” He was hit by two bullets, one in his hip and the other in his abdomen. Three other men were shot as well; two died. But amazingly, the terrorists left without executing their plan." MercatorNet: “People should live peacefully together”

What a hero that man was. He would have been too muslim for Trumps reich but nevertheless.

It might shock some haters to know that Muslims dont spend all day praying and bombing.

Preston Muslim Communities Donate to Make EBUS Payment

I'm sure that during the Inquisition many Catholics were decent people who didn't hate or persecute Jews and were just as paranoid about their own faith being put to the proof by the ones who did spend all day praying and torturing..

What a hero that man was. He would have been too muslim for Trumps reich but nevertheless.

It might shock some haters to know that Muslims dont spend all day praying and bombing.

A Muslim charity has been dispatched to Cumbria to help victims of Storm Desmond

Here are another group of "rapists" defiling white women,er no,helping flood vicitms in Britain.

Tommy....I saved this thread for Sunday for a reason.
Please don't force me to balance your post by providing myriad examples of Muslims behaving in the manner that has muddied their reputation.

I'd really like to keep it in this tone today, to celebrate the magnificent actions of the true hero,...
Salah Farah.

I'm sure that during the Inquisition many Catholics were decent people who didn't hate or persecute Jews and were just as paranoid about their own faith being put to the proof by the ones who did spend all day praying and torturing..
Because people are generally the same all over the world.

Because people are generally the same all over the world.

If only.

Would that more would be like Salah Farah.
They say that 'courage' is the second rarest of human characteristics.

After 'gratitude.'

A Muslim charity has been dispatched to Cumbria to help victims of Storm Desmond

Here are another group of "rapists" defiling white women,er no,helping flood vicitms in Britain.

Please don't force me to balance your post by providing myriad examples of Muslims behaving in the manner that has muddied their reputation.

I'd really like to keep it in this tone today, to celebrate the magnificent actions of the true hero,...
Salah Farah.
As you may have figured out, well, no you haven't..Each human is judged by God and society by how they have lived their lives, not by what others have done...

7. "The intransigence of the Muslims [on the bus] had saved the lives of the Christians on the bus.
Farah told Voice of America that the Al-Shabaab are not Muslims.

"Islam is a religion of peace, it's not a religion of terrorists," he said. "No, it is people who have different ideology, because people who have that ideology, they want to kill…

8. "People should live peacefully together. We are brothers. It's only the religion that is the difference, so I ask my brother Muslims to take care of the Christians so that the Christians also take care of us. … and let us help one another and let us live together peacefully."

9. Farah was airlifted to Nairobi for an operation and appeared to be recovering well. But a month later he succumbed to complications from his wounds.

He paid the ultimate price for his courage.

10. Farah's brother Rashid said the death ought to encourage Kenyans to live as one community. "He was responding well to treatment. On Sunday, the situation worsened and was in deep pain,” he said. “But Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (to Allah we belong and to him we return)". MercatorNet: “People should live peacefully together”

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.
John 15:13

Certainly Salah Farah will be welcomed into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Salah Farah.
As you may have figured out, well, no you haven't..Each human is judged by God and society by how they have lived their lives, not by what others have done...

Some societies have extremely strange standards and perverted ideas about right and wrong by which they judge people's lives, even calling evil good and good evil..

Salah Farah.

Some societies have extremely strange standards and perverted ideas about right and wrong by which they judge people's lives, even calling evil good and good evil..
A defeated ancient Athenian general would be put to death for losing a battle....

Whilst different cultures hold differing values we are lucky in the West that we have so many clever people to give us a steer on to the right path.

Salah Farah, by another name......

Abou Ben Adhem

BY LEIGH HUNT

Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
An angel writing in a book of gold:—

Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
And to the presence in the room he said,
"What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,
And with a look made of all sweet accord,
Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord."

"And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
But cheerly still; and said, "I pray thee, then,
Write me as one that loves his fellow men."

The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night
It came again with a great wakening light,
And showed the names whom love of God had blest,
And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest.

Rest In Peace, Salah Farah.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back