A new world out there

Yep, this is pretty much the new normal. As a single guy, I worry about how it will affect the dating scene. We gonna go out with someone new wearing gloves then kiss them goodnight with face masks on? Spend thousands of dollars on dinners prior to getting laid the first time?? Sad :(

It was worse in the early 80's when AIDS came out. Like this, it was altogether new, and a lot of research and experimentation needed to be done to find out how to deal with it. People were scared to F. Even with protection, nothing was guaranteed.

At least now if you catch thing thing, it's likely not going to kill ya. With AIDS, it was a death sentence.

I don't remember too many barriers to getting F'd in the 80s. I was probably careless - And LUCKY

You're on drugs. 50-bucks says that within 6 months people will be going about their business like this never happened. Lest we forget that we're living in the era of hype and self-indulgence, where every news cycle is portrayed as groundbreakingly HUGE, and is completely forgotten by the masses within 3 months. Who wants to take me up on that bet?

It's a new kinda war. Sorry for Alexjonesology bit it's an info/data war. Everyone is now the enemy of everyone.
Even later on, a dude from anywhere flies to anywhere it better be from a clean place. NY to Tokyo ? You'll be worse off than wearing an Osama costume. Italy to Costa Rica ? You'll need to say where , when, why and how and maybe be tailed like a Nicaraguan.
A Chinaman. Better sit still at home.
An Ecuadorian ? Damn near the same.
Cruise ships ? Just guessing but come in and fuel-restock and GTFO. No land access until ?
If you have 2500 US pesos/night and a jet, all will be OK.
c'mon down and take a helicopter over to Billy MS and Steve Case's four seasons. NO problem !
Your servants will be wearing space suits and the hookers will be tested 3 minutes before "visitation" for your "massage".
Expect a CV ID soon.

Yep, this is pretty much the new normal. As a single guy, I worry about how it will affect the dating scene. We gonna go out with someone new wearing gloves then kiss them goodnight with face masks on? Spend thousands of dollars on dinners prior to getting laid the first time?? Sad :(

It was worse in the early 80's when AIDS came out. Like this, it was altogether new, and a lot of research and experimentation needed to be done to find out how to deal with it. People were scared to F. Even with protection, nothing was guaranteed.

At least now if you catch thing thing, it's likely not going to kill ya. With AIDS, it was a death sentence.

I don't remember too many barriers to getting F'd in the 80s. I was probably careless - And LUCKY

Many weren't, including myself. AIDS is not nearly as scary today as it was back then. We developed treatments for it. The other side of that coin is HIV is still very much alive, and it's partly responsible for the disproportion of deaths in the black community with COVID-19. If you have HIV and COVID, it's a really bad combination.

Well in the current "new normal" of #MeToo, you already can't kiss a girl without getting a permission slip first, so it's not like it can really get much worse for single guys right now.

I believe the economy will be just fine once things somewhat normalize. The "damage" isn't going to be even close to what the doomsdayers say.
May the Lord be with those who do suffer the damage that has taken place.

God bless you and the family of this beautiful man and everyone else who has taken a hit in one way or another always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back