A peek into Trump’s “business ethics”..and what it may mean for the U.S.

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
It is no secret that U.S. banks have long denied Trump any loans because of his several bankruptcies and shady business deals (and the speculation is that this is why he turned to Russia and Chinese oligarchs.)…Any money that Trump currently owes is foreign cash…. which makes him beholden to foreign entities….Trump wants to bring his “business approach” to debt, to our country’s treasury.

Here’s what Trump stated in an interview last year, and YOU judge how his “approaches” would fare for our country’s financial future: ….

“….. I think, look. I've borrowed knowing that you can pay back with discounts. And I've done very well with debt. Now of course I was swashbuckling, and it did well for me, and it was good for me and all of that. And you know debt was always sort of interesting to me. Now we're in a different situation with a country, but I would borrow knowing that if the economy crashed you could make a deal.”

So what exactly was he saying?

Trump seems to be saying that he would want creditors to accept lower payments.

The prospect of investors in U.S. debt accepting less on the dollar than they are owed could tank the economy…

Would China or Japan or Germany or other investors EVER agree to buy US bonds with THAT prospect?

Donald Trump's Messy Ideas For Handling The National Debt, Explained

Forum List

Back