A question regarding the Sun

Yes, yes, yes...We get much better measurements of ambient temperatures from thermometers stationed in urban areas, nearby A/C condensers. :rolleyes:

There are no urban heat islands or A/C condensers in the oceans and the oceans show a 100 year warming trend just like the land.

glob-jan-dec-pg.gif

Maybe YOU should have read it FIRST, Kool-Aid Kid.
CON$ are tooooooo STUPID to know the difference between the US and the whole globe. :cuckoo:

Yes. Because temperature dropping in the US is certainly ISOLATED. :cuckoo:

Don't let facts get in your way.

It would be a shock to your system.

It would help you if you actually knew the facts. :rofl:

map-blended-mntp-200801-200812-pg.gif

Actually, unlike you, I do. And the proof lies in the "map" you just foisted upon yourself. :ahole-1:

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/rss-msu-2007-2008-delta.png

Yes. Because temperature dropping in the US is certainly ISOLATED. :cuckoo:

Don't let facts get in your way.

It would be a shock to your system.

Actually, unlike you, I do. And the proof lies in the "map" you just foisted upon yourself. :ahole-1:

Another deliberate deceiver linking to a chart of the TROPOSPHERE thinking somehow it would fool me, even though it didn't earlier in this same thread. :cuckoo:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Another deliberate deceiver linking to a chart of the TROPOSPHERE thinking somehow it would fool me, even though it didn't earlier in this same thread. :cuckoo:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

You make an excellent rebuttal. :cuckoo:

Well, that is, you WOULD if only you'd grasp that some of us actually LIVE in the troposphere. Go figure.

So, the troposphere is an element completely separate from and irrelevant to all other aspects of the Earf's ecosphere.

Got it. :rolleyes:

The Troposphere temps are relevant to all the people living in the Troposphere, and the surface temps are relevant to all the people living on the surface of the Earth. I live on the surface of the Earth, where do you live???

Albert Einstein

Well, that is, you WOULD if only you'd grasp that some of us actually LIVE in the troposphere. Go figure.

But not everybody is high on drugs! :rofl:

Albert Einstein

News flash for you genius:

YOU live in the troposphere. We all do. Well, except for some astronauts from time to time. And maybe a few submariners.

On the other hand, if you're high on drugs, maybe that explains your highly irrational posts!

Last edited:

YOU live in the troposphere. We all do. Well, except for some astronauts from time to time. And maybe a few submariners.

On the other hand, if you're high on drugs, maybe that explains your highly irrational posts!

The Troposphere averages about 8 mi in thickness, I live on the surface of the Earth, not 8 mi high.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGlfWGJYqw&feature=related]YouTube - Eight Miles High - The Byrds[/ame]

So, the troposphere is an element completely separate from and irrelevant to all other aspects of the Earf's ecosphere.

Got it. :rolleyes:

The Troposphere temps are relevant to all the people living in the Troposphere, and the surface temps are relevant to all the people living on the surface of the Earth. I live on the surface of the Earth, where do you live???

Suddenly, this hairy-fairy, all-is-interconnected ecologist stuff goes right out the window when the facts don't work with your collectivist authoritarain politics.

veeeery.jpg

The Troposphere averages about 8 mi in thickness, I live on the surface of the Earth, not 8 mi high.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGlfWGJYqw&feature=related]YouTube - Eight Miles High - The Byrds[/ame]

The troposphere goes all the way down to the SURFACE. That IS where you live. Thus, as I Correctly Pointed Out to you, you (like everyone else with the exceptions of some astronauts and submariners) DO live in the troposphere.

This little gem of a FACT makes taking temperature measurements in the troposphere quite logical and useful.

Your effort to dismiss it is beyond absurd.

Science could be your friend. Get to know it.

Maybe YOU should have read it FIRST, Kool-Aid Kid.
CON$ are tooooooo STUPID to know the difference between the US and the whole globe. :cuckoo:

Here's the whole world:

http://rankexploits.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/uahvsrss2000.jpg

The whole world but up in the Troposphere, not the surface temps. And it's not like you don't know it's the Troposphere because you tried this deliberate deception on the AOL boards and I caught you then too. What makes you think the same dishonesty would be any more successful here? :cuckoo:

Albert Einstein

At that time, I responded, without response from you, that HadCrut and GISS also showed a similar decline over the same period.

These represent ALL 4 of the 4 major climate measuring organizations.

See this additional link. Afterward, I will await your unsupported and unreferanced rejection of this:

http://rankexploits.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/surfacetempanomaliessince2001.jpg

As Einstein said, no matter how beautiful the theory, eventually you must show results.

The troposphere goes all the way down to the SURFACE. That IS where you live. Thus, as I Correctly Pointed Out to you, you (like everyone else with the exceptions of some astronauts and submariners) DO live in the troposphere.

This little gem of a FACT makes taking temperature measurements in the troposphere quite logical and useful.

Your effort to dismiss it is beyond absurd.

Science could be your friend. Get to know it.

The Troposphere extends as high as 12 miles and the surface is the Planetary Boundary Layer, which is where I live. So the readings you CON$ dishonestly use average the 12 miles of Troposphere, they are not readings of the Planetary Boundary Layer only, so they are completely worthless to anyone who wants to HONESTLY measure Global Warming. The Troposphere is only useful for deliberate deceivers to CON the gullible Kool-Aid drinkers.

The whole world but up in the Troposphere, not the surface temps. And it's not like you don't know it's the Troposphere because you tried this deliberate deception on the AOL boards and I caught you then too. What makes you think the same dishonesty would be any more successful here? :cuckoo:

Albert Einstein

At that time, I responded, without response from you, that HadCrut and GISS also showed a similar decline over the same period.

See this additional link. Afterward, I will await your unsupported and unreferanced rejection of this:

http://rankexploits.com/musings/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/surfacetempanomaliessince2001.jpg

As Einstein said, no matter how beautiful the theory, eventually you must show results.

And no matter how hard you try to cherry-pick your data someone will eventually look at all the data.
From your favorite "junk science" site.

UAH MSU:

Temperature Variation From Average:
Lower Troposphere:
Global:
May 2009: +0.05 °C
Northern Hemisphere: +0.05 °C
Southern Hemisphere: +0.05 °C

Peak recorded anomaly:
February, 1998: +0.76 °C
Current relative to peak recorded: -0.71 °C

DECADAL TREND:
Global: +0.13 °C

Northern Hemisphere: +0.19 °C
Southern Hemisphere: +0.06 °C

Last update: June 11, 2009

HadCRUT3-1850.png

Albert Einstein

And no matter how hard you try to cherry-pick your data someone will eventually look at all the data.

UAH MSU:

Lower Troposphere:
Global:

Peak recorded anomaly:

DECADAL TREND:

HadCRUT3-1850.png

You just proved the point. Since 1998 the temperature has gone DOWN. Globally.

Further the sun spot activity JUST recently started a decline, so from 1998 to , what, 2007 sun spot activity was up not down yet we experienced global cooling. All the while CO2 was going up according to you.

UAH MSU:

Lower Troposphere:
Global:

Peak recorded anomaly:

DECADAL TREND:

HadCRUT3-1850.png

Dang, Sarge, you just proved that you are too freakin' stupid to read graph. Look along the graph. You will see many high points, and many low points. 1998 was a very high point, 2007, a low point, compared to the years arround them. But if you average the years, you see that the trend is still up. Anyone that would pick a single high point, and try to state that everything that immediatly follows that is representative of the graph line is too stupid for words. By the same logic, I could make a case for a huge upward slope by using 2007 as the starting point. Especially since it looks as if we may see the beginning of an El Nino toward the end of the summer.

UAH MSU:

Lower Troposphere:
Global:

Peak recorded anomaly:

DECADAL TREND:

HadCRUT3-1850.png

Again, if you dishonestly use extremely short term periods of time with cherry picked end points you can "prove" anything. But if you see that in the long term there is great variation, the honest person observes that the lowest low points gradually get warmer and the highest high points also get warmer so the honest conclusion is there is a long term warming trend.
That's why deniers have no choice but to choose the most deliberately misleading cherry-picked data they can find, and that dishonesty tells a Cynic that deniers know they can't support their lies honestly.

Look at the graph. The high points for the warm years, compared to the surrounding years, of 1875, 1940, and 1945, are about the same as the low points in the years following 1998, with the exception of 2007, and 2000. Now run a line at the low point of 2007 to the left across the graph. Note the majority of the years are actually lower than the lowest year so far in this century.

Forum List

Back