A Reasonable measure to cut the number killed in mass shootings that wouldn't take guns away from anyone.

Sorry, but that is really, really naive.
First of all, an AR is built for the bullets that exist, so will not function on weaker bullets.
Second is that the AR is already about the weakest rifle made, and is so weak that it can not legally be used for hunting deer in many states.
Making it even weaker would render it useless completely.
Third is that lots of people reload their own bullets to save money, so these weak would be pointless.
1) These things were already posted up thread
2) I conceded it was a foolish idea.
3) So get the hell off my damned back.

1) These things were already posted up thread
2) I conceded it was a foolish idea.
3) So get the hell off my damned back.

Sorry. I did not read very many of the posts.
I usually read the first one, reply, and then start reading the latest ones.
But if they wanted to reduce the killing, the first thing they could do is stop selling hollow point pistol bullets.
It would cut the death rate from pistols by about two thirds, and almost all firearm deaths are with pistols.

Dayton3Well-Known Member

Joined:May 3, 2009Messages:22,091Likes Received:5,740Trophy Points:113Gender:Male
"It seems like a reasonable step to me"

That's nice. All we have to do is make the weapon less effective. I guess that'd be for the "greater good"? IMO, 2A was designed for the greater good. Over the past few years we've seen some on the Left who've slipped up and admitted their ultimate goal and it is just as we assumed. Remove ALL firearms from anyone who isn't a soldier or a cop. Hundreds of thousands of us would die before bending over for ya on 2A.

Consider 2A to be a red line that will cost you more to cross than it's worth...

Dayton3Well-Known Member

Joined:May 3, 2009Messages:22,091Likes Received:5,740Trophy Points:113Gender:Male

The rifle, bullets and magazine make no difference at the ranges of mass public shootings. The thing that matters is how long it takes before someone starts shooting back at the attacker.

The rifle, bullets and magazine make no difference at the ranges of mass public shootings. The thing that matters is how long it takes before someone starts shooting back at the attacker.
While I basically agree with you, I will point out a single shot .22 LR bolt action rifle would be a poor choice for most mass murders In public places.

Poor choice but effective........

In Britain....

Weapons
Deaths13 (including the perpetrator)[6]

I mentioned a single shot bolt action .22 LR rifle. The CZ 452-2e ZKM has a five round magazine.

On the rifle I mentioned you pull the bolt back to eject a round and then load the next round by hand. On the Cz 452 pulling the bolt back ejects a round and pushing it forward loads a new round from the magazine. Much faster.

A 12 gauge double-barreled shotgun will reload quickly and is an absolutely devastating weapon at close range.

IIRC with practice and good planning, a single-shot weapon can fire up to six rounds a minute.

Another opinion that equates suicides with murder.

Suicide is not a crime
Suicide is a choice that every person has the absolute right to make.
Suicide is illegal in the United States.

Thus it is a crime.

IIRC with practice and good planning, a single-shot weapon can fire up to six rounds a minute.
In the 10 seconds it takes to reload the shooter can be rushed and disarmed (assuming he is at close range, for example in a class room).

In the 10 seconds it takes to reload the shooter can be rushed and disarmed (assuming he is at close range, for example in a class room).

Yes if people have the mentality to do that which is not a given in such a situation.

Yes if people have the mentality to do that which is not a given in such a situation.
Perhaps we should start training people while they are in school how to survive If caught in an attack involving a shooter.

Seems to me a reasonable measure would be to lock up dangerously crazy people.
Many elected democrat prosecutors do not seem to be in flavor of doing reasonable stuff like that.

Forum List

Back