A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

Another thing that's possible, this junk food could have been the birthday present for her kid. Who knows. It just seems arrogant to pass negative judgment on her based on assumptions from witnessing a few minutes of her life at a grocery store.

So the government should be buying party supplies for birthday parties?
Is that your position?
Reading comprehension fail. I typed "the birthday gift", not party supplies. There's a distinction. Either way it's beside the point.

And my point is that you're being completely fucking arrogant here and jumping to conclusions about this woman. Maybe she usually does buy economical and healthy food on her stamps, but just this one time she got her kid a gift of junk food. Or maybe she really is a welfare queen in-training and goes home to a plasma TV and car with chrome wheels. Again, who knows.

So next time something like this happens at a grocery store, instead of waiting to post your opinion on the internet, you should tell that person on food stamps how you really feel about their purchases and dietary habits. That way you can look like a tool in the real world too. :thup:

Ok - so your position is it is ok for the government to buy birthday presents for children with taxpayer money?

It really isn't about the money kid.
A family of four only gets like $60 a week in food stamps...buying 4 cases of pop with it is unbelievably stupid and irresponsible. So I vote we remove that stupidity from the equation.
So shoot me.

In NJ that family would get more than $500 a month. Plenty of money to adequately stock the house with groceries. While it's an insane amount of money to just hand out, it leaves no justification for bitching about a couple cases of fucking soda.

says you...plenty feel otherwise...I imagine most of them actually pay taxes into the system.
Baseless assumption about Paulie. I doubt many are surprised.

It really isn't about the money kid.
A family of four only gets like $60 a week in food stamps...buying 4 cases of pop with it is unbelievably stupid and irresponsible. So I vote we remove that stupidity from the equation.
So shoot me.
And all who get foodstamps have children, eh?

Yeah, you're a fucking moron. You overreacted - as usual, vomited it up in an OP, and now try to backpeddle out of it (lamely, I might add) after your authoritarian nature is revealed.

Do you have anything else to do but follow me around like a little 8 year old brat?
I actually post to the subject matter. When one outs themselves as authoritarian assholes, I argue with them.

Your thinking you get any special attention in that matter is more of your bizarre paranoia.

And all who get foodstamps have children, eh?

Yeah, you're a fucking moron. You overreacted - as usual, vomited it up in an OP, and now try to backpeddle out of it (lamely, I might add) after your authoritarian nature is revealed.

Do you have anything else to do but follow me around like a little 8 year old brat?
I actually post to the subject matter. When one outs themselves as authoritarian assholes, I argue with them.

Your thinking you get any special attention in that matter is more of your bizarre paranoia.

You still taking medication Si?
If not, perhaps you should reconsider.

So the government should be buying party supplies for birthday parties?
Is that your position?
Reading comprehension fail. I typed "the birthday gift", not party supplies. There's a distinction. Either way it's beside the point.

And my point is that you're being completely fucking arrogant here and jumping to conclusions about this woman. Maybe she usually does buy economical and healthy food on her stamps, but just this one time she got her kid a gift of junk food. Or maybe she really is a welfare queen in-training and goes home to a plasma TV and car with chrome wheels. Again, who knows.

So next time something like this happens at a grocery store, instead of waiting to post your opinion on the internet, you should tell that person on food stamps how you really feel about their purchases and dietary habits. That way you can look like a tool in the real world too. :thup:

Ok - so your position is it is ok for the government to buy birthday presents for children with taxpayer money?

:lol: Dude. You're lame.

I would tell you to read my post again, but I doubt a second time would help you out.

$20 on food stamps is $20 on food stamps, that's it. How a poor person feeds themselves is none of my business. There's way worse instances of the Federal government misusing millions of tax-dollars for me to even worry about a poor person buying Cheetoes.

I would tell you to read my post again, but I doubt a second time would help you out.

$20 on food stamps is $20 on food stamps, that's it. How a poor person feeds themselves is none of my business. There's way worse instances of the Federal government misusing millions of tax-dollars for me to even worry about a poor person buying Cheetoes.

My good man, Cheetos are one of the basic food groups in my house, just like peanut butter and bacon. Of course, I can afford to buy them in ample amounts on my own while I look down on the lowly in the next checkstand.

Must be nice to be able to memorize what somebody else is buying in the checkout line. Are you kidding me? I'm sure the poor bastard buying that stuff wasn't too freaked out by the creep eyeballing them. Yikes.

Must be nice to be able to memorize what somebody else is buying in the checkout line. Are you kidding me? I'm sure the poor bastard buying that stuff wasn't too freaked out by the creep eyeballing them. Yikes.

Yeah, I don't give a shit what my neighbor's buying. I'd rather check out the tabloids to find out who's fucking who in Hollywood.

Another thing that's possible, this junk food could have been the birthday present for her kid. Who knows. It just seems arrogant to pass negative judgment on her based on assumptions from witnessing a few minutes of her life at a grocery store.

Of course we don't know the specifics regarding that particular woman. She might have been buying food for her invalid neighbor or sister. The cigarettes may have certainly been for someone else.

But, the general philosophic question the thread brings up is a valid one. Many lower income people receiving government assistance do squander that assistance irresponsibly. There is a very sizable portion of that population that is irresponsible, with poor eating habits that damage their health, and the health of their children. Pop and chips, Twinkies, and other crap are all foods that, if eaten on a regular basis, will damage ones health.

Our nation has an explosion of chronic diseases that result from unhealthy eating habits. Childhood obesity is epidemic, and will lead to type 2 diabetes, which leads to heart disease, kidney disease, vascular disease, the list goes on and on. This next generation is facing a bleak future, and our healthcare system will eventually go bankrupt if we keep traveling down this path.

Because of this, I favor the food stamp program limiting recipients' choices. The lower classes, in particular, have trouble making healthy choices in eating. This has been documented in study after study.

the lower classes?

pardon me, your lordship
<tugs forelock>

:rofl:

could you be more of a pompous ass? we'll leave the fascist attitude for later.

Yeah, I don't give a shit what my neighbor's buying. I'd rather check out the tabloids to find out who's fucking who in Hollywood.

THAT'S what I'm talkin about.. I couldn't tell you what anyone at the checkout in front of me has bought, ever. This guy had the entire list memorized.. Who does that? :eusa_eh:

Of course we don't know the specifics regarding that particular woman. She might have been buying food for her invalid neighbor or sister. The cigarettes may have certainly been for someone else.

But, the general philosophic question the thread brings up is a valid one. Many lower income people receiving government assistance do squander that assistance irresponsibly. There is a very sizable portion of that population that is irresponsible, with poor eating habits that damage their health, and the health of their children. Pop and chips, Twinkies, and other crap are all foods that, if eaten on a regular basis, will damage ones health.

Our nation has an explosion of chronic diseases that result from unhealthy eating habits. Childhood obesity is epidemic, and will lead to type 2 diabetes, which leads to heart disease, kidney disease, vascular disease, the list goes on and on. This next generation is facing a bleak future, and our healthcare system will eventually go bankrupt if we keep traveling down this path.

Because of this, I favor the food stamp program limiting recipients' choices. The lower classes, in particular, have trouble making healthy choices in eating. This has been documented in study after study.

the lower classes?

pardon me, your lordship
<tugs forelock>

:rofl:

could you be more of a pompous ass? we'll leave the fascist attitude for later.

:lol: Yeah.. Excuuuuse us.

My good man, Cheetos are one of the basic food groups in my house, just like peanut butter and bacon. Of course, I can afford to buy them in ample amounts on my own while I look down on the lowly in the next checkstand.
:eusa_hand:

Cheetos???

How about the food of the Gods, chocolate bacon.

chocolate%20bacon.jpg

THAT'S what I'm talkin about.. I couldn't tell you what anyone at the checkout in front of me has bought, ever. This guy had the entire list memorized.. Who does that? :eusa_eh:

The same type of self-righteous do-gooder that would have turned in their neighbors back in 1930's Germany.

Last edited:

Cheetos???

chocolate%20bacon.jpg
2979536628_1dece7d843.jpg

Baconnaise. I purchase it by the vat, pour it on my Ferrari, then get some random homeless person to clean it off with a toothbrush. Only then will they have earned their bag of Cheeto puffs.

Cheetos???

chocolate%20bacon.jpg

:lol: You're making the cucumber and red onion crowd crazy now, you know that right?

I do it all the time in line to pass the time waiting. I look to see that they have and think

Oh...BBQ night.
Oh..He's got a restaurant.
Oh.. now that nice 20 cartons of cigeretes and a pack of diapers.
Oh.. football party
oh..Birthday party
oh..well that looks good ill have to get some of that myself
oh..eeewwww that's gross, i wouldn't eat that if you payed me

There is nothing snobbish about it.

You could be in line behind any college student and they would be buying the same thing. What is the difference between a highly educated 21 yr old buying junk food and an uneducated 21 yr old on food stamps buying the same junk?

You could be in line behind any college student and they would be buying the same thing. What is the difference between a highly educated 21 yr old buying junk food and an uneducated 21 yr old on food stamps buying the same junk?

None, but there is a huge difference if that junk is being paid for with tax dollars or personal cash.

Forum List

Back