🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A solar eclipse could wipe out 9,000 megawatts of power supplies

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A Solar Eclipse Could Wipe Out 9,000 Megawatts of Power Supplies

The eclipse set to darken skies next month threatens to sideline solar farms and rooftop panels in a wide swath of the U.S., wiping out enough power generation to supply about 7 million homes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this should be interesting, hope people have stocked up either way. We never know when the grid could go under, esp. with fat boy playing war games with his bomb fetishes.

Besides we never know when a solar Flare will hit ..

There's a full eclipse coming in August.

Seven minutes

The next total eclipse exceeding seven minutes in duration will not occur until June 25, 2150. The longest total solar eclipse during the11,000 year period from 3000 BC to at least 8000 AD will occur on July 16, 2186, when totality will last 7 min 29 s.

The eclipse set to darken skies next month threatens to sideline solar farms and rooftop panels in a wide swath of the U.S., wiping out enough power generation to supply about 7 million homes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this should be interesting, hope people have stocked up either way. We never know when the grid could go under, esp. with fat boy playing war games with his bomb fetishes.

Worry not. Any given region will simply lose the sun for a couple of minutes, no worse than a passing cloud.

Seven minutes

The next total eclipse exceeding seven minutes in duration will not occur until June 25, 2150. The longest total solar eclipse during the11,000 year period from 3000 BC to at least 8000 AD will occur on July 16, 2186, when totality will last 7 min 29 s.

This is the one coming in August .................

upload_2017-7-16_21-24-59.png

Total Solar Eclipse on August 21, 2017 (Great American Eclipse)

upload_2017-7-16_21-25-40.png

NASA - Total Solar Eclipse of 2017 Aug 21

Think about all the power lost at night! Oh the suffering nature inflicts!

Seven minutes

View attachment 139158

Total Solar Eclipse on August 21, 2017 (Great American Eclipse)

View attachment 139159

It's passing right over my property, close to dead center. I'll message on the USMB just before I explode or something... :ack-1:

It's going to be nuts around here, I'd rent out tent sites if people weren't such slobs... :eusa_doh:

Last edited:
Seven minutes

View attachment 139158

Total Solar Eclipse on August 21, 2017 (Great American Eclipse).

View attachment 139159

It's passing right over my property, close to dead center. I'll message on the USMB just before I explode or something... :ack-1:

It's going to be nuts around here, I'd rent out tent sites if people weren't such slobs... :eusa_doh:
How freaking lucky of you. There is an APP to download so you'll know where to stand to get the most of the eclipse. I haven't decided if I'm going to head toward Kansas City or to southern Illinois to watch. The total eclipse swath isn't thAt wide. Check Smarter Everyday channel on YouTube for his eclipse video. In there he gives you and app where you can find the earthly. Oordinates to stand to get the most time.

How freaking lucky of you. There is an APP to download so you'll know where to stand to get the most of the eclipse. I haven't decided if I'm going to head toward Kansas City or to southern Illinois to watch. The total eclipse swath isn't thAt wide. Check Smarter Everyday channel on YouTube for his eclipse video. In there he gives you and app where you can find the earthly. Oordinates to stand to get the most time.

You don't need a stupid app. Here is the path:

Solar-Eclipse-2017-map.jpg

Your criteria is to wait until a few days before and see where it will be CLEAR. No clouds. As to duration, don't worry about it. All solar eclipses run between about 2-2.5 minutes roughly. No 7 minute shit. Not enough difference to worry about. The key is to just GET THERE.

I foresee total destruction the likes of which we've only experienced during Y2K.

Solar eclipses should be banned.

Forum List

Back