A sound argument for banning 'assault weapons'?

Roughly the same time people start saying hammers are for protection, or 20,000 people a year kill themselves with one...

About 20,000 use means other than guns........rope being the leading cause....and you can use rope to save lives....but do you want to ban rope?
I didnt know ropes were invented with the intent to kill people? What a retarded false comparison.

They can bind and hold and hang people.....and they have always been used to kill animals...in snares and nets.....so again, you are wrong....
No stupid. They werent invented to kill people.

They were invented to first kill animals....nets and snares....dipshit.
Nets and snares were made to catch animals not kill them. Rope was invented to drag things first then utilized for other purposes stupid.

Rope - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"The ancient Egyptians were probably the first civilization to develop special tools to make rope. Egyptian rope dates back to 4000 to 3500 B.C. and was generally made of water reed fibres.[4] Other rope in antiquity was made from the fibres of date palms, flax, grass, papyrus, leather, or animal hair. The use of such ropes pulled by thousands of workers allowed the Egyptians to move the heavy stones required to build their monuments. "

About 20,000 use means other than guns........rope being the leading cause....and you can use rope to save lives....but do you want to ban rope?
I didnt know ropes were invented with the intent to kill people? What a retarded false comparison.

They can bind and hold and hang people.....and they have always been used to kill animals...in snares and nets.....so again, you are wrong....

Nets and snares were made to catch animals not kill them. Rope was invented to drag things first then utilized for other purposes stupid.

Oh....so the fish in the net, and the animals in the snare....were allowed to live in peace and gently rereleased into the wild....got it.

Besides.....both the nets, snares and guns were created to preserve the life of the user. Keep in mind, guns can keep the owner safe and never have to fire a shot.

Oh....so the fish in the net, and the animals in the snare....were allowed to live in peace and gently rereleased into the wild....got it.
What are talking about? You just claimed ropes killed fish and animals.

Besides.....both the nets, snares and guns were created to preserve the life of the user. Keep in mind, guns can keep the owner safe and never have to fire a shot.
Youre reaching to save your false comparison. Its not working.

Actually, no. Guns were specifically made to make it possible for a weak person to defend themselves against a stronger opponent...no other weapon achieves this so well, not a knife, a sword or a bow or a spear. And again, guns save lives everyday and are never fired. Most police, and most soldiers never fire their weapons, but the mere precense of the gun keeps bad people from carrying out their evil acts against innocent people...so guns not only save the life of the user, they also save the lives of others....often without firing a shot.

Actually, no. Guns were specifically made to make it possible for a weak person to defend themselves against a stronger opponent...no other weapon achieves this so well, not a knife, a sword or a bow or a spear. And again, guns save lives everyday and are never fired. Most police, and most soldiers never fire their weapons, but the mere precense of the gun keeps bad people from carrying out their evil acts against innocent people...so guns not only save the life of the user, they also save the lives of others....often without firing a shot.
No stupid. Guns were made to shoot and kill from a distance.

No stupid. Guns were made to shoot people. You forget no one knew what a gun was until they were shot by one.

Sorry, they still saved the life of the user. And once a few people were planted, and the technology got better, guns are often used to save lives without ever being shot....

No stupid. Guns were made to shoot people. You forget no one knew what a gun was until they were shot by one.

Sorry, they still saved the life of the user. And once a few people were planted, and the technology got better, guns are often used to save lives without ever being shot....
That was a secondary result of their real purpose which was to kill from a distance.

A dog can keep the owner safe. Youre reaching to save your false comparison. Its not working.

Oh...I get it...I am arguing with a lefty, sometimes I forget how simple you guys are.

A guy charges another guy with a sword, the other guy pulls a gun and shoots him dead. The guy with the gun...his life was just saved.

A guy with a sword charges a guy with a gun, he stops, drops the sword and puts his hands up...the life of the guy was saved without firing a shot.

That was a secondary result of their real purpose which was to kill from a distance.

No, the primary purpose of the gun was to save the life of the guy using the gun...you can't get past that fact.

"The ancient Egyptians were probably the first civilization to develop special tools to make rope. Egyptian rope dates back to 4000 to 3500 B.C. and was generally made of water reed fibres.[4] Other rope in antiquity was made from the fibres of date palms, flax, grass, papyrus, leather, or animal hair. The use of such ropes pulled by thousands of workers allowed the Egyptians to move the heavy stones required to build their monuments. "

Nets and snares were made to catch animals not kill them.

are you on dope dope

nets and snares were made to catch animals and fish so they could be killed and eaten

if the snare didnt kill em first

--LOL

A dog can keep the owner safe. Youre reaching to save your false comparison. Its not working.

Oh...I get it...I am arguing with a lefty, sometimes I forget how simple you guys are.

A guy charges another guy with a sword, the other guy pulls a gun and shoots him dead. The guy with the gun...his life was just saved.

A guy with a sword charges a guy with a gun, he stops, drops the sword and puts his hands up...the life of the guy was saved without firing a shot.
What does that have to do with the fact guns were invented to kill people and ropes werent?

are you on dope dope

nets and snares were made to catch animals and fish so they could be killed and eaten

--LOL

I knew a guy who went through Special Forces school. During the survival phase he said they were learning snares and traps...the instructor showed them a snare on a branch for squirrels explaining that squirrels will use branches placed diagonally against a tree to climb up the tree. So...as they go on in the class, a squirell actually used the branch the instructor had made and was promptly strangled by the snare and then cooked and eaten........

What does that have to do with the fact guns were invented to kill people and ropes werent?

I am not sure, but ropes were created to save the life of the user as was the gun.

are you on dope dope

--LOL
Seems like you are a retard. Thats what I said stupid.

I am not sure, but ropes were created to save the life of the user as was the gun.
I already knew you werent sure. Guns werent invented to save lives. They were made to take them.

are you on dope dope

--LOL

When you are as dumb as you are, it isn't wise to call other people names.

are you on dope dope

--LOL

When you are as dumb as you are, it isn't wise to call other people names.
Youre the one claiming guns were invented to save lives and ropes were invented to kill people.

Guns werent invented to save lives. They were made to take them.

No. They were made to save the life of the guy using the gun...part of that process may very well be taking the life of the guy trying to take the life of the gun user....but that is exactly what you call..."saving the life of the user." And a lot of the time guns need not be fired to achieve that end.

Forum List

Back