A spy shot from Chevrolet coming into the Detroit Auto Show....

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Taking lessons from Dodge, and their 707 HP Charger 4 dr.?

camarofour_zps6e3e2375.jpg

still an ugly boring looking car, don't care whats under the hood.
Typical rolling turd of an auto.

So hard to find anything I'd want to drive these days; I stick with PUT's, but, they are all being pussified too.

I had Hell finding a base PUT with non-electric windows.

When this one wears out, I'll probably never find another "work truck".

still an ugly boring looking car, don't care whats under the hood.
Typical rolling turd of an auto.

So hard to find anything I'd want to drive these days; I stick with PUT's, but, they are all being pussified too.

I had Hell finding a base PUT with non-electric windows.

When this one wears out, I'll probably never find another "work truck".
what the hell's a PUT?

What is that car? A four-door Camaro? Structurally, it looks like they have done their homework. The ratio of wheelbase to overall length appears outstanding.

Chevy SS...aka Pontiac G8, aka Holden Commodore.

aka a serious challenger to the charger

no pun intended

It seems that HP SELLS is again a major point in sales, just what kind of power do you see for a Chevy answer?
Me personally?

I think if they build that car it better have a base V6 with at least 300 hp, and on up to a 700 HP variant if they are serious. Dodge has already announced the Hellcat Charger.

no pun intended

It seems that HP SELLS is again a major point in sales, just what kind of power do you see for a Chevy answer?
Me personally?

I think if they build that car it better have a base V6 with at least 300 hp, and on up to a 700 HP variant if they are serious. Dodge has already announced the Hellcat Charger.

Personally, I see Chevy as being LOST in the current run of new and desired machines.

no pun intended

Me personally?

Personally, I see Chevy as being LOST in the current run of new and desired machines.

Maybe, but at least that car would be a step in the right direction.

I'd like to see them come in with a lower priced V6 Corvette myself.

no pun intended

Me personally?

New FordGT has a 600HP twin turbo V6.... My old GN with a twin turbo V6 made 919 HP back in 1998!

no pun intended

Me personally?

New FordGT has a 600HP twin turbo V6.... My old GN with a twin turbo V6 made 919 HP back in 1998!

I think they need a 300HP V6 Vette

Me personally?

That 300 HP Corvette would be the downfall of the mark, IMHO... Corvette has traditionally been the high water mark of the brand... NO other car in their lineup was supposed to have a higher HP rating than the Corvette, and having a SS Camaro able to beat your 300 HP V6 Corvette would be the end of a trademark that has been around since 1953. You will take note that the VIPER make only 640 HP compared to the Hellcat's 707 HP, and can beat the VIPER in straight line performance, even with the Viper 1000 lbs. less! That Hellcat motor is putting out MORE than 707 HP!

Me personally?

That 300 HP Corvette would be the downfall of the mark, IMHO... Corvette has traditionally been the high water mark of the brand... NO other car in their lineup was supposed to have a higher HP rating than the Corvette, and having a SS Camaro able to beat your 300 HP V6 Corvette would be the end of a trademark that has been around since 1953. You will take note that the VIPER make only 640 HP compared to the Hellcat's 707 HP, and can beat the VIPER in straight line performance, even with the Viper 1000 lbs. less! That Hellcat motor is putting out MORE than 707 HP!

That is old fashioned thinking. Look at Porsche as an example. For years they refused to make the most powerful Boxster more powerful than the baseline 911. Thinking that they would be stealing 911 customers if they did. They have since changed that policy.

If Corvette customers cared most about power and speed then nearly every customer would buy at minimum a Z06. But they don't. The best selling Vette is the baseline model.

A V6 Vette would still be plenty quick and sell well IMHO

That is old fashioned thinking. Look at Porsche as an example. For years they refused to make the most powerful Boxster more powerful than the baseline 911. Thinking that they would be stealing 911 customers if they did. They have since changed that policy.

If Corvette customers cared most about power and speed then nearly every customer would buy at minimum a Z06. But they don't. The best selling Vette is the baseline model.

Hard to sell a 300 HP $45K sports car when a base line $35K V8 mustang will run away from it!

Hard to sell a 300 HP $45K sports car when a base line $35K V8 mustang will run away from it!

Same power Vette walks away from same power Stang, every time.

Same power Vette walks away from same power Stang, every time.

Corvettes are 500-700 lbs. lighter! :biggrin:

Forum List

Back