A story too good to check: Paul Ryan and the tale of the brown paper bag

A fictional story that was used for an emotional appeal? You have me confused. It's not excitement. It's disgust.

Sure it is, at her. Right?
5255e55fed3b1.preview-300.jpg

Did you know Paul Ryan helped pay for his college education with money he saved while he was in high school?

Yep, money he got from a SOCIAL SECURITY benefit after his father passed away.

...lol, that dole from the WELFARE STATE helped him get the education he needed

to work in the GOVERNMENT for almost all of his adult life.

A fictional story that was used for an emotional appeal? You have me confused. It's not excitement. It's disgust.

No, it's him. He used a story that he twisted to make a point. I'm glad you're a fan of his. He's going to need them. Attempts to deflect from his ignorance isn't going to help him in the end.

No, it's him. He used a story that he twisted to make a point. I'm glad you're a fan of his. He's going to need them. Attempts to deflect from his ignorance isn't going to help him in the end.

He gave her credit. What's twisted is the phony outrage from silly libs

He gave her credit. What's twisted is the phony outrage from silly libs
It's disgust not outrage and again he's going to need support from his number one fan.

Did you know Paul Ryan helped pay for his college education with money he saved while he was in high school?

Yep, money he got from a SOCIAL SECURITY benefit after his father passed away.

...lol, that dole from the WELFARE STATE helped him get the education he needed

to work in the GOVERNMENT for almost all of his adult life.

Social Security isn't welfare dumbass!

So, kids wanting parents being able to take care of them instead of government is a bad thing?

I'm sorry, but I personally know a lot of kids on government assistance and their parents have tattoos, big tvs and many smoke. Funny how some of them could send a lunch to school with their children every day for a month for a lot less money than the price of one carton of cigarettes. Oh, well, a child can dream.

Seriously, how would that make a child feel when mommy smokes, drinks and spends money on stupid shit, then makes the kid eat the free lunch?

My mom used to pack my lunch and sometimes put little notes in it. I did the same for my kids. Yea, it makes a kid feel special.

Last edited:
What Paul Ryan said:

“The left is making a big mistake here. What they’re offering people is a full stomach and an empty soul. The American people want more than that. This reminds me of a story I heard from Eloise Anderson. She serves in the cabinet of my buddy, Governor Scott Walker. She once met a young boy from a very poor family, and every day at school, he would get a free lunch from a government program. He told Eloise he didn’t want a free lunch. He wanted his own lunch, one in a brown-paper bag just like the other kids. He wanted one, he said, because he knew a kid with a brown-paper bag had someone who cared for him. This is what the left does not understand.”

From the "Fact Check" site linked by the OP:

The Facts

The first thing we did was look for Eloise Anderson and stories about brown paper bags. We discovered a congressional hearing, held on July 31, 2013, and chaired by Ryan, that focused on the War on Poverty. Ryan asked Anderson, who appeared as an expert witness, what should be done to make the food stamp program, also known as SNAP, work better.

Anderson responded:

My thought has always been around the SNAP program even when it was called “food stamps” is, why do you have this program, school program, school breakfast, school lunch, school dinner, when do we start asking parents to be responsible for their children?

You know, a little boy told me once that what was important to him is that he didn’t want school lunch, he wanted a brown bag because the brown bag that he brought with his lunch in it meant that his mom cared about him. Just think what we have done. If this kid tells me a brown bag was more important than a free lunch, we’ve missed the whole notion of parents being there for their children because we’ve taken over that responsibility, and I think we need to be very careful about how we provide programs to families that don’t undermine families’ responsibilities.

Okay, so Anderson had testified about this boy, and claimed that she had spoken to him and realized that welfare programs were draining any sense of responsibility.

In other words, Paul Ryan told the exact truth.

And the screeching liberals calling him a liar, are in fact wrong. As usual. :eusa_liar:

Last edited:
So, kids wanting parents being able to take care of them instead of government is a bad thing?

I'm sorry, but I personally know a lot of kids on government assistance and their parents have tattoos, big tvs and many smoke. Funny how some of them could send a lunch to school with their children every day for a month for a lot less money than the price of one carton of cigarettes. Oh, well, a child can dream.

Seriously, how would that make a child feel when mommy smokes, drinks and spends money on stupid shit, then makes the kid eat the free lunch?

My mom used to pack my lunch and sometimes put little notes in it. I did the same for my kids. Yea, it makes a kid feel special.

Nailed it!

They're not your kids anymore! They belong to the government

Gotta love the rw's ... Lyin Ryan lies again, gets caught again, admits he lied again and the rw's pretend none of it happened.

Again.

How long before his next lie?

`

Forum List

Back